Monday Mornings

monday mornings tv show on tntNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 4, 2013 — April 8, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Alfred Molina, Sarayu Rao, Ving Rhames, Keong Sim, and Emily Swallow.

TV show description:
This medical drama follows the staff of Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon as they push their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings.

Doctors face life-and-death decisions every day as they fight against often-impossible odds to save their patients. When things don’t go as they should, it’s up to their medical colleagues to determine what went wrong and what can be learned.

Every Monday, the doctors of Chelsea General must gather with their peers for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care.

Leading the hospital staff are Doctor Harding Hooten (Alfred Molina) and Doctor Jorge Villanueva (Ving Rhames).

Hooten is the steely-eyed Chief of Staff, speaks softly but carries a massive stick. He was nicknamed “Hardly Human” long ago for his exacting, punishing ways during the weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.

Villanueva, known as El Gato, is a giant of a man. He is also perhaps the most celebrated trauma chief in the country — clearly the elephant in this circus. El Gato’s seat-of-the-pants diagnoses are the stuff of legend around Chelsea General.

Their cadre of medical talent includes:

Doctor Tyler Wison (Jamie Bamber), a hotshot neurosurgeon who has a well-earned god complex. Doctor Tina Ridgeway (Jennifer Finnigan), a compassionate neurosurgeon who’s willing to fight for cases that may seem like lost causes to others. Her home life is in turmoil so she finds refuge at the hospital.

Doctor Sung Park (Keong Sim) is a Korean-American and is abrupt socially and English-challenged. He’s also ambitious to the core with his searing intensity being palpable. Doctor Sydney Napur (Sarayu Rao) is a cardiothoracic surgeon who’s married to the job. A compulsive multi-tasker, she speaks quickly and takes absolutely no prisoners.

Doctor Buck Tierney (Bill Irwin) is the hospital’s Chief of Transplantation. A man driven to the point of bullish, he is least liked among the Chelsea General staff. Doctor Michelle Robidaux (Emily Swallow) is a twenty-something resident. Inexperienced yet eager, she is finding her footing among experienced giants.

Series Finale:
Episode #10 — Family Ties
Hooten and Buck find themselves facing off in court against attorney Mitch Tompkins (guest Anthony Heald) after a grieving son refuses to comply with his mother’s final wishes.

Sydney’s outrage over the health of a morbidly obese 16-year-old boy further strains her relationship with Lieberman (guest Jonathan Silverman). And a seemingly harmless patient (guest Kenneth Mitchell) puts one of Chelsea General’s own in grave danger.
First aired: April 8, 2013.

What do you think? Do you like the Monday Mornings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

550 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Gayle says

I can’t believe they cancelled this show. I loved it and liked that it followed Dallas. I could be set for a full night of t.v. Hope they decide to bring it back REALLY SOON!!!!!!

2. Donna says

Monday Mornings was a very good drama dealing with today’s health care process!! The networks rather put trash on like Perception, bones, and other redo’s like Hawaii Five-O. I guess the American people need to stop watching these networks when they cancel good programs!!!!!!!!

3. Cindy jones says

Monday Mornings is the best show TNT has ever had. All my friends watch it and think its great. Put it back on please

4. Stephen Dickstein says

Like all of David E. Kelley’s shows this was one of the best on television. TNT is making a big mistake not renewing a quality show like this one with terrific characters and stories. Some other network should take a chance on this show and let it shine. There’s so much garbage on television (see reality shows, etc.) and when we get something really good the networks lose their faith in quality programming. Someone, bring this show back to us . . .

• ken says

what do you expect? any quality television gets dumped! the networks, including tnt, do not care what we, the viewers want or like, even though they personify themselves as those who do! this was the ONLY program I watched on television! all the rest is an insult to my intelligence! I guess I may be foolish to think that the networks will even read this! one can only hope!

• Jan H says

I agree. TV used to be entertaining, you could sit back relax and enjoy the show. Today it’s not that way, you are forced by all the networks to watch other idiot people fake their way thru life and get paid big bucks to do so. I think all the intelligent people need to ban together and boycott Reality Shows (and I use that term lightly) before all the networks turn our brains into mush

• Barbara Gordon says

Oh boy howdy, do I hate reality television. I want to be challenged and have to think. Monday Mornings made me uncomfortable and forced me to look at some serious issues with new vision. Bring it back!

5. Maxibg says

Monday morning was one of my favorite, why would a show like this educational yet entertaining be cancelled……someone definitely underestimated the intelligence of a viewing market.

6. Jim says

Figures a quality show is cancelled and replaced with a low cost piece of crap. Common Ted use your influence . Jim k

7. Angel Garrett says

Man!!!! I really liked the show (better than ER-my opinion)! I was wondering why I hadn’t seen any new season previews. Please bring it back and advertise more. I agree there are ENOUGH silly show as it is. Monday Mornings was well written

8. Don says

I think Monday Mornings was the best medical show on TV since ER. I would like to see one of the main networks pick this show up. I don’t know who decided to cancel it but they should be fired!

9. Heidi says

I absolutely LOVED Monday mornings and was looking forward to another season! Please, please,,please bring it back!!!!!

10. Linda says

STUPID network decision on cancelling Monday Mornings and renewing a stupid reality program about rude, crude overweight family. Oh yea. That was a dumb business decision.

11. redbirdblues says

REALLY…. MONDAY MORNINGS IS AN AWESOME SHOW. RENEW HONEY BOO BOO AND CANCEL MONDAY MORNINGS… OH YEAH, THAT TAKES BRAINS!!!