Monday Mornings

monday mornings tv show on tntNetwork: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 4, 2013 — April 8, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, Bill Irwin, Alfred Molina, Sarayu Rao, Ving Rhames, Keong Sim, and Emily Swallow.

current TV show

TV show description:
This medical drama follows the staff of Chelsea General Hospital in Portland, Oregon as they push their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings.

Doctors face life-and-death decisions every day as they fight against often-impossible odds to save their patients. When things don’t go as they should, it’s up to their medical colleagues to determine what went wrong and what can be learned.

Every Monday, the doctors of Chelsea General must gather with their peers for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care.

Leading the hospital staff are Doctor Harding Hooten (Alfred Molina) and Doctor Jorge Villanueva (Ving Rhames).

Hooten is the steely-eyed Chief of Staff, speaks softly but carries a massive stick. He was nicknamed “Hardly Human” long ago for his exacting, punishing ways during the weekly morbidity and mortality meetings.

Villanueva, known as El Gato, is a giant of a man. He is also perhaps the most celebrated trauma chief in the country — clearly the elephant in this circus. El Gato’s seat-of-the-pants diagnoses are the stuff of legend around Chelsea General.

Their cadre of medical talent includes:

Doctor Tyler Wison (Jamie Bamber), a hotshot neurosurgeon who has a well-earned god complex. Doctor Tina Ridgeway (Jennifer Finnigan), a compassionate neurosurgeon who’s willing to fight for cases that may seem like lost causes to others. Her home life is in turmoil so she finds refuge at the hospital.

Doctor Sung Park (Keong Sim) is a Korean-American and is abrupt socially and English-challenged. He’s also ambitious to the core with his searing intensity being palpable. Doctor Sydney Napur (Sarayu Rao) is a cardiothoracic surgeon who’s married to the job. A compulsive multi-tasker, she speaks quickly and takes absolutely no prisoners.

Doctor Buck Tierney (Bill Irwin) is the hospital’s Chief of Transplantation. A man driven to the point of bullish, he is least liked among the Chelsea General staff. Doctor Michelle Robidaux (Emily Swallow) is a twenty-something resident. Inexperienced yet eager, she is finding her footing among experienced giants.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — Family Ties
Hooten and Buck find themselves facing off in court against attorney Mitch Tompkins (guest Anthony Heald) after a grieving son refuses to comply with his mother’s final wishes.

Sydney’s outrage over the health of a morbidly obese 16-year-old boy further strains her relationship with Lieberman (guest Jonathan Silverman). And a seemingly harmless patient (guest Kenneth Mitchell) puts one of Chelsea General’s own in grave danger.
First aired: April 8, 2013.

space
What do you think? Do you like the Monday Mornings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Crazy April 22, 2013 at 10:19 pm

This is the best series on TV and I hope that it never gets cancelled! My entire family looks forward to Monday nights to watch together. We need more programs like this. We have been upset that it has not been on the past two weeks and we can’t find the reason why. Please do not cancell.

Dave April 22, 2013 at 9:44 pm

This show is GREAT!! Very entertaining and not unrealistic plots. We really do hope it stays on the air. We have told many to watch and all immediately love the show.

Joanna Kuse April 22, 2013 at 9:43 pm

My husband and I always look forward to watching “Monday Mornings.” (on Monday nights) When the chief (Molina) calls everyone in for a meeting, I can feel myself getting nervous and worrying about which doctor screwed up.
This is so different than any other medical show and that is why we like it so much. We hope they make lots more new shows and don’t ever consider cancelling it. A lot of people will be disappointed if they do.

Cheri Strelecki April 22, 2013 at 8:55 pm

I think Monday Mornings is the best show on right now. I truly hope it is not cancelled. We love it! N

Charlotte April 22, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Love this show Keep it on PLEASE

Shsron April 22, 2013 at 8:14 pm

I love this show. I’m captivated for the whole hour. Please don’t cancel!!

erma martinez April 22, 2013 at 6:45 pm

i for one enjoyed this program so much, i encouraged everyone i talk to to give it a shot.
there are a lot of hospital shows on, all i donot look at.

paige April 22, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Please give this fine show another season to find its audience. So many people haven’t heard of it, and are liking it once they find it.

gary harms April 22, 2013 at 1:06 pm

This a very original approach to a somewhat tired setting. I enjoy the extremely talented cast members but the writing is what makes this show very good. A good script in the hands of a talented cast is a winning formula for a hit show. But alas, it takes time to cultivate a loyal audience. I hope the network gives this show a chance to be found.

Diane April 21, 2013 at 10:27 pm

This show is so intense and AWESOME. I just found this article, very sad. This show is the best. Look forward to it. I hope they are re newed
FAVORITE show on tv

Jean Goeck April 20, 2013 at 9:26 pm

It is one of the best shows on TV Please don’t cancel.

Pat April 20, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I LOVE Monday Mornings. Heard they were going to cancel it. What is wrong with these networks? Every time there is a good show on they cancel it and put on ANOTHER stupid reality show.

Tanis Propst April 20, 2013 at 12:59 pm

My favorite tv show! DON’T even THINK about cancelling it! Best medical show–any kind of show–I have seen in awhile.

Frank April 19, 2013 at 1:21 pm

do not cancel Monday Mornings. Please

patt koosed April 19, 2013 at 12:49 am

I hope to see Monday Mornings continue for many years
This is the best series on TV. I love Greys Anatomy but Monday Mornings tops that !
Please don’t cancel this informative and exciting series.

Doris April 20, 2013 at 11:33 pm

I too hope that this series is not cancelled. The audience becomes involved with the outcome of the situations; and the actors are just great!