Moonlight: Fans Mount Campaigns to Save the CBS Vampire Detective Series

IMAGEIn February, CBS gave early renewals for eleven of the network’s popular series. One cult favorite missing from the list was the freshman romantic series Moonlight. The series had been performing decently on Friday nights but, because of the writers strike, there haven’t been any new episodes in months. The network is producing four new episodes for this season and will begin airing April 25th. Before giving the go-ahead for season two, CBS likely wants to see if anyone remembers the series.

Fans of the vampire series aren’t waiting to see if the cancellation axe falls before starting campaigns to save it. “Operation: Renew Moonlight” kicked off yesterday and the folks from three fan sites aren’t April Fooling around. They’ve united to encourage fans to fill out a campaign form and send it along with a clove of garlic to Nina Tassler, the president of CBS. Check out Moonlight-United.com for more information.

In another effort, fans wanting to draw attention to the series are teaming up with the Red Cross and YouChoose.net for a weeklong blood drive. The campaign plans have impressed series star Alex O’Loughlin enough to become a spokesman for the Red Cross.

[/unformat]

The “Blood Drive to Save Moonlight Campaign” will be held from April 18th through April 27th (corresponding with the start of new episodes) in cities like Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Philadelphia. There are over 4,000 pledges to date and fans are being invited to donate their time, blood or cash to support the effort and the Red Cross. Blood drive participants will be given a special t-shirt as a thank-you. For more information, head on over to MoonlightBloodDrive.org.

CBS announces their 2008-09 schedule in May so we should know if the fans’ hard work has paid off by then. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Diana February 4, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Pleas bring back the show! It’s an amaizing show, it’s a real shame that you cancelled it. It would be really nice if you would start it again!

Meredith Moeller May 28, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I really miss this show! One of the best shows and yet it was cancelled after only one season. WHY??? It’s always the best shows that get cancelled. :(

Bogdan Rebenciuc May 22, 2011 at 8:43 pm

this should not be canceled !

Von January 22, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Moonlight is one of the best shows that has kept my interest. When you think you have figured it out, somthing changes and there is a different outcome. It is the most up to date vampire show to come out. I looked forward to Friday night to come so that I could wach it.

Anita January 17, 2010 at 7:05 pm

I agree with alot of other fans, BRING MOONLIGHT BACK. It’s not because of the vampire craze that it should be brought back, it’s because of how different the show is even though it is a vampire show. It had a great story line and I’m glad that it is aimed more for adults instead of young teens like some of the other vampires shows are. But, of course the main reason is because of Alex O’Loughlin.

Maria Mendonca December 1, 2009 at 10:04 pm

I am so disappoint that they took moonlight off and replaced it with some stupid series call confessions of a call girl, how silly. I agree we should be supporting our aussie actors. Please bring it back…

john November 25, 2009 at 1:00 pm

I wonder how much business is not measured in a series that leaves itself only in re-runs or YouTube episodes uploaded by the faithful? I’ve only recently seen episodes of Moonlight. First, on a network called Chiller that ran about 8 hours worth of episodes. (I really did have to go to bed after falling off the couch onto the carpet and the dog did mouth to mouth.) Second, I looked it up on You Tube as a search and discovered several people had faithfully uploaded a great deal of the series. I found my self addicted, and, apparently, so did about 25,000 other viewers. Surely, Moonlight benefits the many advertising and marketing tools You Tube offers. And, I wonder if producers count the faithful viewers on You Tube or TV.com in their numbers games?

Karen November 4, 2009 at 4:26 am

I cannot believe they aired one show in Australia and then took it off……!!!! Whats going on?? Why are we not suppporting our actors??? It is a great show and he is just great to watch!!!!! Please……Bring Moonlight and Three River back to Australian TV…..

Tiffany Bauer November 3, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Moonlight is the best T V show I have ever seen i want it Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is where Alex o Loughlin belongs.
I am in love with moonlight.

Kitty October 28, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Lordie this was so Good they should have keep it going Real Good Show I would love to see this show come back Moonlight was Wounderful

Sandra Leigh McCracken September 25, 2009 at 8:29 pm

This was an awesome show. I looked forward to every week !! Loved it. Cannot believe it’s over. Bring it back please !! Thanks

vash September 23, 2009 at 6:12 am

bring back the show please it was there and then it wasnt.