Mr. Selfridge: Season Three for Jeremy Piven Drama

mr selfridge season threeJeremy Piven is staying busy. He’s currently filming the Entourage movie which will reunite him with his former TV show castmates Kevin Connolly, Adrian Grenier, Kevin Dillon, Jerry Ferrara, Rex Lee, Debi Mazar, and Perrey Reeves.

After that, he’ll reportedly be heading back to London to film the third season of Mr. Selfridge. According to RadioTimes, the show has been renewed by ITV.

Mr. Selfridge revolves around the flamboyant American entrepreneur (Piven) who founded London’s famous Selfridge’s department store in the early part of the 20th century. The rest of the cast includes Frances O’Connor, Aisling Loftus, Katherine Kelly, Gregory Fitoussi, Amanda Abbington and Tom Goodman-Hill.

The second season of eight episodes debuts on PBS on Sunday, March 30th, at 9pm.

What do you think? Do you like Mr. Selfridge? How long do you think the series should run?

Allan May 23, 2014 at 3:32 am

So happy to hear that there will be a season 3. The character develepoment in Mr. Selfridge is wonderful. Each actor has a profound core and unique personality. The writing, directing and score are exceptional. Can’t believe how different Piven’s role is from Ari Gold in Entourage. In Selfridge you would never hear him yell out his famous line…..”Let’s hug it out, bitch!” Bravo JP…I hope you get an Emmy.

C. Rich May 23, 2014 at 12:34 am

Love this show… it is as engaging as Downton Abbey… maybe even a little more earthy and fun. I hope it keeps running for several more seasons. Wonderful cast. Love Lady Loxley.

Rick May 21, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I really got into this wonderful story! I fell in love with most of the beautiful women in the cast! The last episode really had my heart ! I felt so bad for Rose to have to hear such news from her doctor… and for Harry to hear it from her lips. So sad! The last words from Harry and Rose at the table with the family made tears start to flow ! Thanks to all of you for renewing this to a 3rd season! The characters and acting are superb and I look forward to it… although I will really miss Rose…

Ginny May 20, 2014 at 3:52 pm

This show just keeps getting better and better each season! Hurrah that there will be a Season 3! My husband and I watch it every week and we are “young” baby boomers. The sets and costumes are phenomenal and the acting is wonderful! I was in tears during the final episode of Season 2. It’s also fun knowing that the show is based on a real person and historical events. Always a winning combination in my book! Last bit of quaintness is the combination of American and British personalities.

Janice May 20, 2014 at 9:45 am

I love this show…please continue for as long as possible. The acting is awesome, the cast is great and I can’t wait until the third season…

paula May 14, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Mr. Selfridge is an exciting drama and so well done. The acting is exceptional, the period fascinating and the character entanglements are tantalizing. Hurray if the could
continue this until the end of time.

jean p April 22, 2014 at 11:34 am

Love,love, love this show

annie April 20, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I hope Mr Selfridge covers his wife’s death and Harrys dimise. Tell it all.

Shalima April 12, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Excellent show. Superbly acted. Please keep on making the show right to the end of Mr Selfridge’s life. I believe his last days were very sad.

Frederick Fiore March 31, 2014 at 1:12 pm

From the very first episode, this program has been outstanding. It’s unfair for anyone to typecast Jeremy Piven from Entourage. He’s still an underrated actor to this day, surrounded by a tremendous cast, in this series being filmed in a wonderfully created studio, highlighting an important period in the retail industry. I simply can’t say enough about how much I thoroughly enjoy watching this program, with all the great characters. When a series such as this one can realistically take you away to another time & place, touched with sentiment, this is what I call great television programming!

Gina March 31, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I felt the same reticence about watching Mr. Selfridge when I saw who was cast in the title role. Entourage not my cup of tea. But acting is what he does and he’s good at it! This was excellent casting, in my opinion. The whole idea of a fictionalized series about a retail department store is fascinating and I love it. Some of my earliest memories are of being in the fabulous department stores on Market Street in San Francisco where I grew up. My Mom was a lot like Agnes Towler. So not only is the story line and character development brilliant, it’s addictive. I hope it lasts a long time.

mike lewis March 5, 2014 at 6:17 pm

What an excellent show. I love all the characters except Lord Loxley ! Jeremy Piven is brilliant. Its like upstairs down stairs, but reeks of class, and style. I think it captures the times brilliantly. Its a pity they did not cast David Benson, the national theatre actor in this, he would have been perfect. I enjoy every minute of it.

JW February 24, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Mr. Selfridge is another excellent show. Keep it running. Jeremy P. is a wonderful actor in this show.

Georgia February 23, 2014 at 10:24 am

I love this show. I like the characters. I like the way we learn how merchandising changed through the efforts of Mr. Selfridge. I’ve watched the complete first season several times. Can’t wait for season 2 – so glad season 3 is assured.

Naomi, I watched Paradise and Selfridge. When I started watching Paradise I thought it was a copycat of Selfridge, but it goes at a different pace and style than Selfridge. I like them both. Selfridge is more entertaining. But, there is a quality about Paradise that I liked.

Mona February 25, 2014 at 10:38 am

Great program. Very interesting story , well written as well as excellent performances by actors. Jeremy P. is outstanding! Absolutely outstanding!

Naomi Cowan-Barkley February 23, 2014 at 9:25 am

I doubt that I will start to watch this series. The Paradise was what I watched, but it isn’t the book which I did read, so I was probably not going to watch it either.

c kay February 22, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Cant wait for more Mr. Selfridge. Thank you for renewing .