My Boys: TBS Sitcom Cancelled, No Season Five

My Boys canceledNo season five for PJ and the guys. As expected, TBS has cancelled My Boys after four seasons on the air.

My Boys revolves around Chicago sports writer PJ Franklin (Jordana Spiro) and her close group of male friends. Castmembers include Jamie Kaler, Jim Gaffigan, Kellee Stewart, Kyle Howard, Michael Bunin, and Reid Scott.

It’s been suspected for awhile that TBS wasn’t going to bring the show back for a fifth season but the cable channel wouldn’t confirm it. Speculation was that TBS execs feared that, by admitting the show was ending without a true series finale, not as many viewers would tune in. As it is, an average of only 784,000 people tuned in to see the last two installments.

That decision ultimately cost Spiro and Howard jobs on new NBC shows, Love Bites and Perfect Couples. They were under contract to TBS and NBC wasn’t willing to risk having to recast and reshoot if the cable channel brought My Boys back. Jim Gaffigan left after last season to focus on his stand-up.

What do you think? Are you satisfied with the way My Boys ended? How would you wrap up the series?

Canceled and renewed TV show

102 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Halle says

I really loved this show. I wanted to see Brando and PJ together. Ever since that kiss at the end of season one, I thought they were the two that should of been together. I like Bobby and PJ too, but I figured they would end that and make an opening for Brando and PJ, and end with that. Ughhh!

2. Kristen says

I kept waiting to see when My Boys would start up again. I LOVED the show. So dissapointed that it won’t be back!

3. says

You guys suck, at TBS for cancelling my boys that show was awsome so much that I didn’t want either season to end and now you guys end the whole series, bummer!

4. Jill says

I’m very disappointed to hear it is over. Me & my husband loved watching the show. Someone should pick up this show. It’s rare to find a show that both men & women can’t wait to watch together.

5. Traci Massey says

So disappointed! Have loved that show and just realized that I hadn’t seen it; so so sad—loved PJ and the guys. TBS, you suck not giving them a season finale—or us either. Redeem yourself and make a movie or something about the group?!

6. Anonymous says

they should end it with bobby getting marrried with pj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Melissa A says

Im seriously disapointed. It was one of my favorite shows. Im going to miss it. I was hoping for another season.

8. Jenypoo28 says

I hate to hear that it is over. It was my favorite show. I hate that one of the larger networks didn’t pick up the show. It would have had a huge following. I just never heard much on when it was airing each season so I had to do a lot of catch up viewing online. I never missed an episode. This is truely a loss. Later PJ, Brando, Kenny, Mike, Andy, Bobby, Steph, and the rest of the gang. My summer evenings just will not be the same now.

9. Jess S says

I disagree…… I was SO looking forward to enjoying another summer with PJ and the group and was hoping for more episodes to be added…. bummer – big time :(