My Boys: TBS Sitcom Cancelled, No Season Five

My Boys canceledNo season five for PJ and the guys. As expected, TBS has cancelled My Boys after four seasons on the air.

My Boys revolves around Chicago sports writer PJ Franklin (Jordana Spiro) and her close group of male friends. Castmembers include Jamie Kaler, Jim Gaffigan, Kellee Stewart, Kyle Howard, Michael Bunin, and Reid Scott.

It’s been suspected for awhile that TBS wasn’t going to bring the show back for a fifth season but the cable channel wouldn’t confirm it. Speculation was that TBS execs feared that, by admitting the show was ending without a true series finale, not as many viewers would tune in. As it is, an average of only 784,000 people tuned in to see the last two installments.

That decision ultimately cost Spiro and Howard jobs on new NBC shows, Love Bites and Perfect Couples. They were under contract to TBS and NBC wasn’t willing to risk having to recast and reshoot if the cable channel brought My Boys back. Jim Gaffigan left after last season to focus on his stand-up.

What do you think? Are you satisfied with the way My Boys ended? How would you wrap up the series?

Anonymous October 28, 2011 at 6:38 am

I really miss this show CTG

Halle October 27, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I really loved this show. I wanted to see Brando and PJ together. Ever since that kiss at the end of season one, I thought they were the two that should of been together. I like Bobby and PJ too, but I figured they would end that and make an opening for Brando and PJ, and end with that. Ughhh!

Kristen October 24, 2011 at 10:49 am

I kept waiting to see when My Boys would start up again. I LOVED the show. So dissapointed that it won’t be back!

michelle October 18, 2011 at 2:55 pm

You guys suck, at TBS for cancelling my boys that show was awsome so much that I didn’t want either season to end and now you guys end the whole series, bummer!

Elaine September 22, 2011 at 6:16 am

I really liked it. Very disappointed it will not be back.

Jill September 19, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I’m very disappointed to hear it is over. Me & my husband loved watching the show. Someone should pick up this show. It’s rare to find a show that both men & women can’t wait to watch together.

Bill August 19, 2011 at 5:10 pm

One show my wife and I watched together… Bring it back

Savanna August 14, 2011 at 8:58 pm

this was my favorite show! the only show i actually fit into my schedule

Traci Massey August 8, 2011 at 8:31 pm

So disappointed! Have loved that show and just realized that I hadn’t seen it; so so sad—loved PJ and the guys. TBS, you suck not giving them a season finale—or us either. Redeem yourself and make a movie or something about the group?!

Savanna August 14, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I agree!

Melanie August 1, 2011 at 8:38 am

very upset!!! I still have last season in dvr wacthed it many times. I hopes its on dvd?

Anonymous July 30, 2011 at 9:02 pm

they should end it with bobby getting marrried with pj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa A July 24, 2011 at 11:48 am

Im seriously disapointed. It was one of my favorite shows. Im going to miss it. I was hoping for another season.

Jenypoo28 July 7, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I hate to hear that it is over. It was my favorite show. I hate that one of the larger networks didn’t pick up the show. It would have had a huge following. I just never heard much on when it was airing each season so I had to do a lot of catch up viewing online. I never missed an episode. This is truely a loss. Later PJ, Brando, Kenny, Mike, Andy, Bobby, Steph, and the rest of the gang. My summer evenings just will not be the same now.

Jess S July 5, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I disagree…… I was SO looking forward to enjoying another summer with PJ and the group and was hoping for more episodes to be added…. bummer – big time :(

Jess B July 1, 2011 at 10:59 am

UGHHH why are you guys all cancelling my favourite shows!! :(