My Generation: ABC TV Show Cancelled After Two Episodes

My GenerationDespite a lot of promotion, My Generation stumbled out of the gate and now ABC has cancelled it after two episodes. If you were watching the ratings, this doesn’t come as a surprise.

My Generation revolves around a diverse group of young adults who attended high school together. While there, they were interviewed for a documentary. They reunite 10 years later and we see how their lives and expectations have changed. The ensemble cast includes Anne Son, Daniella Alonso, Jaime King, Julian Morris, Keir O’Donnell, Kelli Garner, Mehcad Brooks, Michael Stahl-David, and Sebastian Sozzi.

In its first week on the air, My Generation attracted poor ratings with a 1.6 in the 18-49 demographic and 5.2 million total viewers. That was bad enough to land it in fourth place for both categories.

Should My Generation have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

For week two, the numbers were much worse. The show attracted a terrible 1.1 rating in the prized demo and just 3.815 million viewers. For the timeslot, it landed in fourth place in total viewers and in fifth place for the demo, behind even The CW. That’s an amazingly bad performance for a major network.

ABC has now cancelled My Generation and they’re pulling the show from the schedule immediately. Production on the series has been shut down. It’s unknown how many episodes have been completed but it doesn’t seem likely that the network will bother releasing the unaired ones.

A timeslot replacement for the cancelled series is expected to be announced on Monday.

What do you think? Should My Generation have been cancelled? What about the series didn’t work? Could it have been fixed?

Jess October 15, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I really liked the show! I’m super bummed that it won’t be on anymore.

judy October 15, 2010 at 10:25 am

Call me nuts, but I liked it, at least give it a chance

jay October 14, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I dont think the show should have been cancel at all im not goin to lie it could have been filmed a lil better but i was just starting to get into the show and now they take it off but they have all these other shows thats not good and boring like the show with the family with the powers that is childish and need to be cancel that show should be on the disney channel. bring back my generation!!

angela October 14, 2010 at 6:37 pm

No, My Generation shouldn’t have been canceled just after 2 shows. I missed it for both shows ‘cuz I didn’t know what channel or what time it was on. I was looking forward to it this week but it wasn’t on. So disappointed.

V October 14, 2010 at 3:29 pm

i can not believe this show was canceled! My husband and I really enjoyed it and was looking forward to the next episode. I believe ABC should have given it more of a chance. Hopefully another network will give it a chance!!

Jo October 13, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I couldn’t believe this was canceled!! I came home from work turned my t.v. on and was ready to watch My Generation, Grey’s and Private Practice, but all of them were there except My Generation! It was a really good show and seem like it would a really great storyline.

Amy October 12, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I can’t believe it!!!I don’t watch Tv very often but I really found something that I really liked. Couldn’t wait for the next week to come to see another episode. I think it was a great show, I’m so upset knowing that it won’t be aired next Thursday!
Please bring it back!!Change the time slot….DO something!! You cannot cancel a show after only 2 episodes, give it a chance…that is so fast and so unfair. You already did that for the Deep End that I started to like as well.
Wait a little while so people get used to it and realize how great the idea was from the beginning!Everybody remembers high school, it all started there…

Austin October 12, 2010 at 6:43 pm

At least move it to a different time slot until the network realizes how great this show is, or i hope it moves to a different channel so ABC can see what a mistake they made, ABC really let me down on this one :(

Patty Schneider October 12, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I can’t beleive this show got cancelled already! It was one of the best new shows this season! Please bring it back on!

MARY SAMPSON October 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm

please bring the show back. I liked it.

Beth October 11, 2010 at 8:03 pm

I enjoyed that show & was telling my friends about it. Those who could not watch it because of the time, were able to see it On Demand or DVR. ABC should not terminate that show but rather try a different day and/or time slot.

D October 11, 2010 at 5:04 pm

OMG!!! I was wondering why it didnt come on last week. I really enjoyed the show and it was one of my “must see” shows for this season. I really wish they would bring it back :-(

Liz October 11, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I was happy to have found a series that I enjoyed… it had been awhile! Bummer!!

Plawle October 11, 2010 at 10:04 am

Seriously??? I looked at my DVR last Thursday and noticed there was no My Generation set to record. I don’t understand how a good show with some depth and intellect could get such a shoddy rating compared to the mindless drivel of Grey’s Anatomy!!! It really evidences the level of idiocy of the American viewing public.

j October 10, 2010 at 11:14 pm

I can’t believe this! I thought it was a good show. Please bring it back or put it on another network.