Myrtle Manor: Beach Residents Want the Show Cancelled

myrtle manor cancellation campaignIt’s not uncommon for TV shows to inspire viewers to campaign to keep it on the air. However, TLC’s Myrtle Manor has some people so upset that they want to see that series cancelled.

Some people feel that the Myrtle Manor reality show is giving Myrtle Beach, South Carolina a bad name and will negatvely affect tourism. There’s a Facebook campaign to have the show cancelled — or to at least remove “Myrtle” from the series title.

The “Help Get “Myrtle Manor” Cancelled” page was established the same day that the second episode aired and has nearly 2,400 supporters so far.

The campaign doesn’t seem to be having impact so far though. The first season recently wrapped and the show’s already been renewed for a second season in 2014.

What do you think? Have you watched Myrtle Manor? Do you think it should stay on the air? Are you more likely or less likely to visit Myrtle Beach because of the show?

Judylynn June 28, 2014 at 6:37 am

I love the tv show it makes me want to go to myrtle beach please bring it back!!!!!

P Taylor June 10, 2014 at 8:51 am

My husband and just recently started watching Myrtle Manor…we love the show. Please don’t cancel it. We are so looking forward to season 3.

June April 27, 2014 at 1:30 am

I love welcome to Myrtal Beach TrailerPark and haven’t misses a show so far.I definitely want it to stay on TLC. I am anxious to know when it will be back on. Please Please keep it on. It’s one of the best show’s on. Thanks

Sharon Miller April 17, 2014 at 3:39 am

My husband and I watched all of myrtle manor and we would love to see it back on we love all the people on there they seem like family and we miss them so much so can you please try to put them back on Thank you.

Good Witch March 27, 2014 at 4:48 pm

I have never watched “Reality” shows, but this show is NOT categorized as a “Reality Show”! The first show of the season 1, my husband & I were looking at each other with that “WTF” look on our faces; but after tuning in a few times, we really got a good laugh. It’s quite funny actually.

kristi March 21, 2014 at 10:58 pm

i dont think they should cancel it. it is funny n i like it. i like old grandma she is a trip. i dont think it gives myrtle beach a bad name. hell if all in all it should make it more popular.

The Blue Rose June 4, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I really don’t like “reality” shows that just exploits people. Jersey Shore, IMHO, exploited people by focusing on their foolishness just because they were Italian and from an expensive lifestyle. Same thing here! These people are country and they are being stereotypes of what country is. That is why I don’t watch things like this. The networks make stereotypes and people actually believe that a whole area is like that. I also think the Breaking Amish show is ruining lives and the aftermath remains to be seen.

Tha Critic June 4, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this show, but if it’s a reality show, then I want it cancelled anyway.

Darlene June 28, 2014 at 12:41 am

You really shouldn’t make comments about things you have no clue about! This is a
really good show if people would just give it a chance! Maybe it dose stereotype some
people but all in all it shows the good times and bad. I found it to be really funny but then there were times when the show had me crying. It seems to me that the message
that is being sent out is that even though all the people in the park are all very different
they are all there for each other in the good and the bad times. They treat each other
better than family and in some strange way they are family to each other. Just give it a chance.