“Cocaine cartels are about succession.” Today, Netflix released a new teaser and the premiere date for season three of Narcos.
The new season of the crime drama will focus on what happens after the death of drug lord Pablo Escobar and follow “Colombia’s Cali Cartel-the biggest drug lords you’ve probably never heard of.” The cast includes Damian Alcazar, Francisco Denis, Alberto Ammann, Pepe Rapazote, and Pedro Pascal.
Watch the new preview and read more details below:
Narcos” Season Three Synopsis:
Now that the bloody hunt for Pablo Escobar has ended, the DEA turns its attention to the richest drug trafficking organization in the world: the Cali Cartel. Led by four powerful godfathers, this cartel operates much differently than Escobar’s, preferring to bribe government officials and keep its violent actions out of the headlines.
Meet the Kings:
· Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela (Damian Alcazar)- leader of Cali Cartel, “boss of bosses”
· Miguel Rodriguez Orejuela (Francisco Denis)- the brains behind the rise of the of Cali Cartel and Gilberto’s brother
· Pacho Herrera (Alberto Ammann)- the on-the-low hitman, runs the Mexican connection and international distribution
· Chepe Santacruz Londono (Pepe Rapazote)- runs the satellite NYC empire of the Colombian drug network
Just as Gilberto announces a bold plan to walk away from the business, DEA agent Javier Peña (Pedro Pascal) enlists the help of American and Colombian law enforcement to take it down. This season opens up a complex and ruthless world of new figures.
Other new players include:
· Jorge Salcedo (Matias Varela)- Cali’s head of security who prioritizes his wife and kids’ protection over his bosses
· DEA agents Chris Feistl (Michael Stahl-David) and Daniel Van Ness (Matt Whelan), who enter the operation with enthusiasm and inexperience
· Franklin Jurado (Miguel Angel Silvestre)- the cartel’s money launderer who unknowingly puts his wife, Christina (Kerry Bishe) in mortal danger
· David Rodriguez (Arturo Castro)- Miguel’s oldest son, who is reluctant at first to take a leading role in the cartel structure
This time around, all rules have changed for the narcos and their opponents – a fact many won’t realize until it’s too late.”
What do you think? Are you a fan of Narcos? Will you watch without Escobar?