Nashville (2012)

NBC Nashville TV seriesNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 10, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, Powers Boothe, Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Jonathan Jackson, Sam Palladio, Robert Wisdom, and Judith Hoag.

TV show description:
Music legend Rayna Jaymes (Connie Britton) reigned as the Queen of Country for two decades and topped the charts. Now, her grip on the throne is slipping. Her last album tanked and ticket sales are soft. Rayna refuses to be steamrolled by her record label as they present a new arrangement. In the face of an evolving industry, Rayna is struggling to adapt, reinvent herself, and try to stay relevant.

Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) is sexy, sassy, and there’s trouble in her wake. She’s also the country’s #1 crossover artist. In her climb to the top, Juliette’s public image is threatened by circumstances she struggles to control. And while she is determined to sit on Rayna’s throne, Juliette refuses to deal with her difficult past.

Offstage, things aren’t much smoother for Rayna. Her father is Lamar Wyatt (Powers Boothe), Nashville’s most influential businessman who continues to complicate her life. Their strained relationship is defined by years of resentment and secrets that come to a head when Lamar and Rayna’s sister, Tandy (Judith Hoag), push Rayna’s husband Teddy Conrad (Eric Close) to run for mayor. For Teddy, this marks an opportunity to share the spotlight with his wife instead of continuing to stand in her shadow.

Coleman Carlisle (Robert Wisdom) has served on Nashville’s Metro Council for 11 years. He’s always been backed by Lamar until a disagreement causes a big rift between the two.

The city of Nashville is the stage for many hopefuls. Deacon Claybourne (Charles Esten) is Rayna’s longtime bandleader whose unrequited love for her prevents him from claiming success if he went on his own.

Scarlett O’Connor (Clare Bowen) is a beautiful and gifted songwriter who supports her boyfriend Avery’s talent while still being unsure of her own gifts. Avery Barkley (Jonathan Jackson) is a struggling alt-country musician who can’t help but feel left behind when his girlfriend Scarlett’s songs have a chance to find an audience before his own.

Gunnar Scott (Sam Palladio) is a wholesome up-and-coming crooner who finds a musical soulmate in Scarlett and comes between her relationship with Avery.

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the Nashville TV series on ABC? Do you think it should be canceled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

180 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tammy says

Please don’t cancel Nashville. This is the best show on the screen now. I simply love the music, characters, plots and especially love Connie Britton. I’d love to see Ryna and Decon hook up and also Charlotte and Gunner. Awesome show.

2. Molly says

Only show that I love that I HAVE to watch every week. Download the songs from itunes. I normally don’t watch series like this but I am obsessesed with this show!!!!!

3. lskm says

I absolutely love this show and look forward to each and every week. The chemistry between Rayna and Deacon is terrific and touching. I paticularly like the duets between those two. I would be very disappointed if the show was cancelled as I am sure many fans wouldd be.

4. Lisahit says

I watched this for the 1st time this week and loved it. This could be my #1 pick show to watch weekly. Hope they keep it going it could be a hit. Remember back in the days you had to get home to watch tv series such as Dallas and Friends this could be one of those
    show.

5. molly says

Nashville is the best show on ABC, and the best new drama! I’ve introduced it to several friends, and after the first episode they were all hooked. Love Scarlett and Gunnar

6. Katie says

I love Nashville! Please don’t cancel this amazing series–not only does it have complex characters and relationships you can root for, but the music is incredible. I love Deacon’s voice, and Scarlett and Gunnar’s duets are beautiful every week.

7. Debbie says

Love this show, please do not cancel it. It has been a very long time since there was a show that you could actually get into with all of the twists and turns and it was not a reality show that the outcome has been decided before it even begins. For once my husband and I both have a show that we can enjoy together.

8. Odilia says

This is the best show on ABC. Love all the characters, the story line is fantastic, I’m not a country song lover, however I love these talented actors and their performances.
    Please do not cancel this show!

Odilia

• pat says

Please do not cancel this wonderful show. I look forward to watching it every week. All of these people are great actors and Country singers. I love this show.

Patty