Nashville (2012)

NBC Nashville TV seriesNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 10, 2012 – TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, Powers Boothe, Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Jonathan Jackson, Sam Palladio, Robert Wisdom, and Judith Hoag.

current TV show

TV show description:
Music legend Rayna Jaymes (Connie Britton) reigned as the Queen of Country for two decades and topped the charts. Now, her grip on the throne is slipping. Her last album tanked and ticket sales are soft. Rayna refuses to be steamrolled by her record label as they present a new arrangement. In the face of an evolving industry, Rayna is struggling to adapt, reinvent herself, and try to stay relevant.

Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) is sexy, sassy, and there’s trouble in her wake. She’s also the country’s #1 crossover artist. In her climb to the top, Juliette’s public image is threatened by circumstances she struggles to control. And while she is determined to sit on Rayna’s throne, Juliette refuses to deal with her difficult past.

Offstage, things aren’t much smoother for Rayna. Her father is Lamar Wyatt (Powers Boothe), Nashville’s most influential businessman who continues to complicate her life. Their strained relationship is defined by years of resentment and secrets that come to a head when Lamar and Rayna’s sister, Tandy (Judith Hoag), push Rayna’s husband Teddy Conrad (Eric Close) to run for mayor. For Teddy, this marks an opportunity to share the spotlight with his wife instead of continuing to stand in her shadow.

Coleman Carlisle (Robert Wisdom) has served on Nashville’s Metro Council for 11 years. He’s always been backed by Lamar until a disagreement causes a big rift between the two.

The city of Nashville is the stage for many hopefuls. Deacon Claybourne (Charles Esten) is Rayna’s longtime bandleader whose unrequited love for her prevents him from claiming success if he went on his own.

Scarlett O’Connor (Clare Bowen) is a beautiful and gifted songwriter who supports her boyfriend Avery’s talent while still being unsure of her own gifts. Avery Barkley (Jonathan Jackson) is a struggling alt-country musician who can’t help but feel left behind when his girlfriend Scarlett’s songs have a chance to find an audience before his own.

Gunnar Scott (Sam Palladio) is a wholesome up-and-coming crooner who finds a musical soulmate in Scarlett and comes between her relationship with Avery.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space

What do you think? Do you like the Nashville TV series on ABC? Do you think it should be canceled or renewed for another season?

Kay April 18, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I really love this show, disappointed that reruns are shown when it is supposed to be a new show but I’d be very disappointed if it was cancelled. It is a refreshing show and I love the music and the all stars.

Lou April 17, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Please don’t cancel-Show is very enjoyable and characters are ineresting and well acted.

Love the music…nothing else like it on TV.

Anonymous April 16, 2013 at 2:07 am

It’s driving me nuts that they keep taking so many weeks off between episodes!!! How about some consistency? I love this show, but they’re killing me.

Ashton April 2, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I love it! Do not cancel!

2country March 29, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Love scar. And gun together if I should of known better can we hear it again I love them they should start a duo and rock the country world!!!!!!

Connie and Jack Chenard March 29, 2013 at 9:42 am

We love Nashville so much that left Estero, FL and drove back to Scarborough, ME via Nashville in order to get a sense of the film locations.
The Bluebird Cafe was impossible to get into, thus solifiying the popularity of the show.
Do hope it continues as there are numerous story lines to explore.

Kaye March 27, 2013 at 10:53 am

Please don’t cancel. I love the music, the story and the actors. I rate it a 4 star. It is not on and I read no information for 2 weeks. This doesn’t sound good.

Christine March 21, 2013 at 2:28 pm

A great show!!! The music is great! The storyline is great! Something for everyone… please keep it on the air!

Marlena March 17, 2013 at 11:30 pm

I was never into country music! But I gave Nashville a chance and to my surprise, I love it! The music and the show! I’m gonna use “Fade into you” for my first dance in my wedding!

Renee March 11, 2013 at 5:54 pm

This is a great show! I look forward to every episode. Please do not cancel another good show only to add another stupid reality show!!!! Every time I get interested in a new show such as zero hour, ringer and others it gets cancelled. We all do not want every hour of every night filled with reality tv. PLEASE!!!!!

Karen March 9, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Please do not cancel Nashville. It is the best show on tv and perhaps just needs more time to find it’s full audience. It’s the one show I look forward to every week.

Linda March 8, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Please don’t cancel Nashville. It is the one show I look forward to all week. I hate the Reality Junk tv and all the various Talent shows. This show is fun and also showcases some good country music.

Roxann Lynn March 8, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Please do not cancel this show. It is one of the best series on tv.

Virginia March 7, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Love this show!! Please do not cancel!!!

Kathy March 7, 2013 at 8:02 am

Please do not cancel the show. We love the show. Watch the show every Wed.