Nashville (2012)

NBC Nashville TV seriesNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 10, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, Powers Boothe, Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Jonathan Jackson, Sam Palladio, Robert Wisdom, and Judith Hoag.

TV show description:
Music legend Rayna Jaymes (Connie Britton) reigned as the Queen of Country for two decades and topped the charts. Now, her grip on the throne is slipping. Her last album tanked and ticket sales are soft. Rayna refuses to be steamrolled by her record label as they present a new arrangement. In the face of an evolving industry, Rayna is struggling to adapt, reinvent herself, and try to stay relevant.

Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) is sexy, sassy, and there’s trouble in her wake. She’s also the country’s #1 crossover artist. In her climb to the top, Juliette’s public image is threatened by circumstances she struggles to control. And while she is determined to sit on Rayna’s throne, Juliette refuses to deal with her difficult past.

Offstage, things aren’t much smoother for Rayna. Her father is Lamar Wyatt (Powers Boothe), Nashville’s most influential businessman who continues to complicate her life. Their strained relationship is defined by years of resentment and secrets that come to a head when Lamar and Rayna’s sister, Tandy (Judith Hoag), push Rayna’s husband Teddy Conrad (Eric Close) to run for mayor. For Teddy, this marks an opportunity to share the spotlight with his wife instead of continuing to stand in her shadow.

Coleman Carlisle (Robert Wisdom) has served on Nashville’s Metro Council for 11 years. He’s always been backed by Lamar until a disagreement causes a big rift between the two.

The city of Nashville is the stage for many hopefuls. Deacon Claybourne (Charles Esten) is Rayna’s longtime bandleader whose unrequited love for her prevents him from claiming success if he went on his own.

Scarlett O’Connor (Clare Bowen) is a beautiful and gifted songwriter who supports her boyfriend Avery’s talent while still being unsure of her own gifts. Avery Barkley (Jonathan Jackson) is a struggling alt-country musician who can’t help but feel left behind when his girlfriend Scarlett’s songs have a chance to find an audience before his own.

Gunnar Scott (Sam Palladio) is a wholesome up-and-coming crooner who finds a musical soulmate in Scarlett and comes between her relationship with Avery.

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the Nashville TV series on ABC? Do you think it should be canceled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

180 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Linda says

I love this show and am a faithful viewer. The actors and story line are great. Also love the music and the fact that the actors do the actual singing. Please renew for another season!!!!!!

2. Rach says

Awesome show!!!! My husband and I enjoy watching this together on Wednesday nights. Please give more!!!!!

3. LaRae says

I love this show, have already bought the first CD. Will buy the first DVD season when it comes out. I was also discouraged when there were so many re-runs, but don’t cancel the show.

4. Sharon says

Please don’t cancel this one!I hate soaps but the actors and music are so talented! It would be a mistake to let this one go..

5. Barbi says

Please do not cancel this program. I love it. The music is beautiful. Love the stories.
    Rayna is awesome, and the girls that play her daughter are great.

6. Marsha Bianchi says

Please please please do NOT cancel this show. I live for Wednesday nights. This show makes my week. All my girlfriends are hooked too. The only reason this show could possibly have lost viewers is because they keep showing reruns. I don’t mind because the show and music are so spectacular but most people don’t watch reruns especially when they just saw the same show two weeks ago. It’s ABC’s fault they’ve lost viewers, not the show’s. Please save this for one more season and you will see a huge surge in viewership so long as they run new episodes every week and don’t bring Deacon and Rayna together to quickly as their chemistry just smolders and keep us waiting in breathless anticipation.

7. Jennifer says

Please whatever you do PLEASE don’t cancel this show!! My girlfriends and I LOVE Nashville!! LOVE!! My Wednesday nights would be tragic without it! We need Nashville!!

8. Christina says

Please Please don’t cancel Nashville!!!! I have never ever even liked country music ALWAYS Rock n Roll but I adore this show and am the AMAZING TALENT! ABC don’t cancel. I’m already upbeat ever time there isn’t a new episode More please!

9. Linda K. says

OMG, if this show gets cancelled…..what will be left to watch?? :( Even my husband – who is NOT a country fan – loves the show! We have been so disappointed that there haven’t been new shows airing every week, but we’ll hang in there until next Wed when (finally) a new episode will air! I hope that the SEASON finale, which will guest star Brad Paisley, brings in a whole new batch of fans!!

YES, YES, YES — KEEP NASHVILLE, PLEASE!!!!!!!

10. Gail K says

Please don’t cancel the show it is so good. I know their are tons of people out there that don’t want this show to end.