Nashville: ABC Orders Full Season

Though Nashville hasn’t been a stellar hit for ABC, it is the network’s most successful new series of the season. As a result, ABC has ordered a full season of episodes.

Nashville follows the story of country music’s Rayna James (Connie Britton), a legendary superstar whose popularity is starting to fade. Her producers offer her a joint tour with an up-and-comer, Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young and sexy future of country music. The cast also includes Powers Boothe, Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Jonathan Jackson, Sam Palladio, Robert Wisdom, and Judith Hoag.

The series debuted to a 2.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.93 million total viewers. The ratings fell by 29% in week two, hitting a 2.0 rating with 6.74 million. While the Halloween night episode dropped to a 1.8 rating, the show seems to have stabilized at a 2.0 demo rating.

Nashville marks the second full-season order of the season for a new ABC show. The first was for newbie sitcom The Neighbors. Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue both received additional script orders but no additional episodes have been ordered.

What do you think? Have you been watching Nashville on ABC? Are you glad to hear they’ve ordered more episodes? Do you think it will be renewed for a second season?

Susan November 29, 2012 at 2:08 am

Excellent show! The acting is great and so is the music, even though I’m not a country music fan. I love everything about this show and will be very disappointed if it isn’t renewed.

Heather November 29, 2012 at 12:27 am

I agree, I am not a country music fan at all, but I love this show! I am really surprised, but I’ve been looking forward to it every week. Well done!

Bobbi Jo November 28, 2012 at 11:29 pm

I am completely and totally addicted! I can not wait for Wednesday night! I agree with the acting, it is believable and just down right spectacular! I am obsessed with the music from everyone but especially Clare and Sam! I am in love with this show! Please renew for many many more years!

Truly,
A greatful fan

Debi November 26, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Love Nashville. Hope to see it continue. Missed it last week.

Susan November 26, 2012 at 12:25 pm

LOVE the show and the acting is top notch. Thank goodness, finally, a well acted, full character show gets renewed. I hope to watch for years to come – great series and the characters are just getting story lines established. Well worth watching and a throw back to good television!

Mia November 22, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I agree with Diann completely, and why wasn’t it on last night (Nov. 21st)?

sandy November 22, 2012 at 1:04 pm

love the show Nashville. can’t wait for the show to continue on abc.

Diann November 21, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I love the show Nashville. I am searching for it tonight and wondered why it isn’t on at the regular time. I love country music and am amazed that the songs are all sung by the actresses. I will be so disappointed if it is cancelled. It is by far my favorite show. I can’t wait for Wed. evenings. Please renew the series.

Sherrie Litster November 20, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I absolutely love Nashville. Would like to see it renewed for another season.

Emilie November 14, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever watched any of ABC’s shows until Nashville. I probably would’ve never have know about this show if it wasn’t for one of the girls I work with.

milagro November 14, 2012 at 6:21 am

Same here – not a country fan, but I love the show. It’s great at showing the complexities of life and middle age :)

Paula November 12, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I absolutely love this show! The cast is great! Other than DWTS, this is the only tv show I watch through the week. I am a huge country music fan, and live only an hour from Nashville and go there often. I especially love how they’ve captured Nashville by aerial views. (The Riverfront by Titans Stadium is truly breathtaking!) THANK YOU ABC FOR THIS SEASON AND HOPING FOR MANY MORE!! :)

ken November 12, 2012 at 10:38 pm

The show left me confused and I couldn’t believe the characters. Turned to Chicago Fire and have seen the last 2 episodes and am now hooked and rooting for several of the characters. CF, try it if you have not.

freddy November 12, 2012 at 8:54 pm

why? this show is boring…ABC likes the boring shows….I prefer action drama, then a boring show….

Lisa November 12, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I’m surprised how much I LOVE this show. Not a country music fan (yet) and never knew any of the actors in it, but my mom wanted to watch it, so I recorded it for her and voila, I’m hooked!