Nashville: One Less Episode for ABC Series

Nashville ABC TV showThere will be one less episode of Nashville, ABC’s country music dramatic series. The show will wrap its season after 21 episodes instead of the usual 22.

Accordng to TFC, the cut is being made because the show’s producers won’t be able to finish a full season of episodes in time for the May 22nd finale.

The 16 episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with just over six million total viewers.

The series is hardly a hit for the network but it has a good shot at being renewed since all of the network’s other new dramas — Red Widow, 666 Park Avenue, Last Resort, and Zero Hour — have tanked.

The decision on Nashville’s fate will be made by May 14th, the date of ABC’s upfront presentation to advertisers.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there’s going to be one less episode of Nashville? Are you hoping that the series gets renewed?

Nickster April 10, 2013 at 12:40 pm

So if I understand the article above. Nashville is possibly being renewed because “its not the weakest link.” That speaks volumns. Yes my tv came with a remote and I use it but it I can no longer watch the late night news and weather that follows Nashville. That should be good for ratings.

Linda April 9, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Nashville is our favorite show and we also bought the CD! Please keep it!

DZB April 9, 2013 at 9:23 pm

LOVE this show! And a lot of the music is really good too — I’ve downloaded all of Claire Bowen and Sam Palladio’s duets — their voices are really amazing together!

Gerry April 9, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Keep it! The show is great. Do these TV execs ever watch these shows. Dramas take time to develop and create a consistent audience. They mess with scheduling, show repeats, no wonder it has trouble establishing a consistent audience. These nitwits will probably replace it with another hare-brain reality show.

Erin April 9, 2013 at 2:29 pm

I really hope this show doesn’t get canceled. It is one of the few programs I really enjoy watching, and I’ve just started to get others hooked, as well.

Liz McKenna April 8, 2013 at 11:57 pm

I love love love this show! It has to be renewed. Perhaps moving it to a 9pm time slot will attract more viewers. This show deserves to be seen by a larger audience. It’s great!

Sue April 8, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Please put Nashville back on next year. This is a great show and I love to watch it.

Mary April 8, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Please renew it is a great show

CJ Williams April 8, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Love this show, hope they renew it!

Anonymous April 8, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I love this show . Just wish you would put it all every week instead of putting on repeats and skipping a couple of weeks and maybe next year put in on at 9pm.

Dolly April 8, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I agree. Great suggestion. I’m only 35, but I still fall asleep before 11pm on work night. I hate having to watch in a day later. 9pm please ABC.

Barb WC April 8, 2013 at 10:29 am

I love the show and watch it on Hulu. Got my adult son hooked too. Please don’t cancel it.

Kelli April 8, 2013 at 10:08 am

Don’t cancel it!! My husband and I just discovered it a week ago and have been devouring episodes rapidly ever since. When he went on a business trip last week I watched 4 in a row! He was so mad. This is a great show. It may just take a little while for people to tune in. Thanks heaven for HULU.

Ann Szczygiel April 8, 2013 at 9:10 am

Please be sure this series is renewed. It is one of my favorite shows.

Nike2da April 8, 2013 at 2:08 am

Renew Nashville. I look forward every week.

Sue Renshaw April 7, 2013 at 10:19 pm

I absolutely love this show. Not sure what demographics are being measured to determine if the show will return. It is so nice to watch a show with a story line instead of all the reality shows.