Nashville: One Less Episode for ABC Series

Nashville ABC TV showThere will be one less episode of Nashville, ABC’s country music dramatic series. The show will wrap its season after 21 episodes instead of the usual 22.

Accordng to TFC, the cut is being made because the show’s producers won’t be able to finish a full season of episodes in time for the May 22nd finale.

The 16 episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with just over six million total viewers.

The series is hardly a hit for the network but it has a good shot at being renewed since all of the network’s other new dramas — Red Widow, 666 Park Avenue, Last Resort, and Zero Hour — have tanked.

The decision on Nashville’s fate will be made by May 14th, the date of ABC’s upfront presentation to advertisers.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there’s going to be one less episode of Nashville? Are you hoping that the series gets renewed?

Canceled and renewed TV show

106 Comments on "Nashville: One Less Episode for ABC Series"

Notify of

Mare
Mare
May 4, 2013 12:25 pm
Its too bad the network kept airing repeat after repeat. One has to wonder, “What were they thinking?” It’s a good show and quite entertaining. I absolutely detest sitcom’s. Enough already! I see all these posts indicating they “LOVE” this show…hopefully that will be enough for the network ‘higher-ups’ to pull their heads out of where the sun doesn’t shine and renew this series. This show is the ONLY regular network channel I watch-I don’t even watch the news…I get that all online or on a different cable network. WAKE UP ABC! If you sign-on a new show, at least… Read more »
Gloria
Gloria
May 3, 2013 7:05 pm

Love this show!!! Please bring it back.

Robin
Robin
May 3, 2013 5:29 pm

LOVE THE SHOW! BRING IT BACK

james chandler
james chandler
May 2, 2013 11:24 pm

Its a great show and should be renewed.
One of my top 5 favorites.

Stephanie
Stephanie
May 1, 2013 10:06 am

Please keep Nashville!!!!! I love this show. Look forward to seeing what happens to the characters in every episode!

Suzi
Suzi
May 1, 2013 9:31 am

LOVE, LOVE LOVE this show. The same as many people love this show. I never watch TV except for watching this show. Nothing can interfere with my Wednesday nights, as I won’t miss this show. Disappointed that they will be one show short. I can handle the one show now being filmed, but please do not cancel the show. There would be many disappointed people.

Chris
Chris
April 30, 2013 10:36 pm

Love the show! I as well hate when they play the re runs but still watch. I hope the show continues theirs nothing as good as this show on Tv!

Lisa
Lisa
April 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Love, love , love this show!!! This is by far the best show on TV, so I hope you bring it back. I’m not aboe to watch it “Live,” and I’m sure others can’t either, so hopefully you factor DVR, On Demand, and Hulu Plus viewings in your ranking. Thanks!!

janet
janet
April 30, 2013 9:14 am

I LOVE THE SHOW. It is the only thing I watch on TV. The music is wonderful. I have volume 1 of the songs. Where can I get the words to those songs.

Debbie
Debbie
April 29, 2013 6:46 am

I would be upset if Nashville didn’t get renewed for another season. It’s an awesome show and the characters make it seem so real.

Jennie
April 28, 2013 10:47 am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL NASHVILLE!!!! GREAT SHOW, GREAT SONGS – AND I’M NOT EVEN A FAN OF COUNTRY MUSIC!

Pat
Pat
April 27, 2013 8:02 pm

The BEST show on TV!!

Susi
Susi
April 26, 2013 12:38 am

Love this show! the storyline is unique, and the characters are so believable. What a sensational show.

Beverly Craft
Beverly Craft
April 25, 2013 11:57 pm

I love this show – I never post anything – but I look forward every Wedneday and get mad when it is a rerun – but I watch them over and over – I think you are wrong on viewers – everyone I know loves this show and we talk about the characters as if they were people we really know. All aspects of this show are top rate – the character development, the music and the story lines – great show – please do no cancel…..

Judy
Judy
April 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Love the show! I am very upset with ABC for airing a bunch of reruns and
now cutting a show. They really need to get it together.

wpDiscuz