Nashville: One Less Episode for ABC Series

Nashville ABC TV showThere will be one less episode of Nashville, ABC’s country music dramatic series. The show will wrap its season after 21 episodes instead of the usual 22.

Accordng to TFC, the cut is being made because the show’s producers won’t be able to finish a full season of episodes in time for the May 22nd finale.

The 16 episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with just over six million total viewers.

The series is hardly a hit for the network but it has a good shot at being renewed since all of the network’s other new dramas — Red Widow, 666 Park Avenue, Last Resort, and Zero Hour — have tanked.

The decision on Nashville’s fate will be made by May 14th, the date of ABC’s upfront presentation to advertisers.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there’s going to be one less episode of Nashville? Are you hoping that the series gets renewed?

Canceled and renewed TV show

106 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. jks says

I love country music. Great songs on this show. It needs to be on every week without a break !! Get rid of Teddy’s phony girlfriend, she seems to be a stalker and suicidal and Teddy doesn’t need that he need to concentrate on his daughters and his career. Show has to be kept on ! It is one of the only 2 shows I watch.

2. Claudia says

Favorite show! Always watch even w/commercials then again on DVD. Should have received special award at ACM ceremony. Songs are great. Love CD. Will buy DVD.

3. says

I hope the network keeps this show going !!! I love Nashville I can not wait till Wednesday nights so I can watch this show !!! I hope u keep this show on the air and not cancel Nashville !! To me it gives a look on how the music industry is and how had it is to become a singer !!!! LOVE NASHVILLE the CITY and The SHOW !!!!

4. Diane says

This is the only show I look forward seeing each week . I feel so let down when they show reruns. I love the cast and all the awesome music !!!!

5. Holly says

LOVE this show! Would hate to see it cancelled. There are so few programs this season that I enjoy. Please continue!!!!!

6. says

I love this show but what i dont like is all the darn commercials..last night i saw about 5 minutes of the show then a series of commercials for 4 minutes..boring..while i understand the need for commercials there were far too many last night..
    i also love the music and interaction of the characters. so hoping it doesnt get cancelled

7. Delaine says

This is one of the best shows on TV, the music is great & it keeps you gussing as to what is going to happen next. It will be shameful if it gets cancelled.

8. Lauren says

please dont cancel this show! It such a GREAT show and my entire family sits down to watch it including my 15 year old brother and my dad. :) ITs a great one ABC dont be dumb and cancel it.

9. Joanne says

This is a great show – great actors fantastic music (it actually got me listening to country music). I’m upset the pulled an episode because of timing. Please, please renew this show.

10. Elitza says

This is one of my favorite shows! I look forward to every new episode! Love the music too, it will be horrible if it gets cancelled.

11. Debbie says

Love this show in a era when there is little TV to love
    And look forward to. It would be a shame- a tragedy- if abc
    Cut this great, well acted, fantastic writing, and
    One of the most entertaining shows on tv…. In
    Fact, if abc cancels. I will boycott the network
    For at least a year.

12. Carol says

Fabulous show! I have little time to watch TV but def make time for Nashville. The characters are well developed and the story lines integrate well. Music is fabulous. It’s a keeper.