Nashville: One Less Episode for ABC Series

Nashville ABC TV showThere will be one less episode of Nashville, ABC’s country music dramatic series. The show will wrap its season after 21 episodes instead of the usual 22.

Accordng to TFC, the cut is being made because the show’s producers won’t be able to finish a full season of episodes in time for the May 22nd finale.

The 16 episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with just over six million total viewers.

The series is hardly a hit for the network but it has a good shot at being renewed since all of the network’s other new dramas — Red Widow, 666 Park Avenue, Last Resort, and Zero Hour — have tanked.

The decision on Nashville’s fate will be made by May 14th, the date of ABC’s upfront presentation to advertisers.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there’s going to be one less episode of Nashville? Are you hoping that the series gets renewed?

Terri T. April 19, 2013 at 4:15 pm

After years of not watching TV, I finally found a show I enjoy — PLEASE re-new Nashville! I never miss an episode and have recommended it to all my friends… now we have Nashville-watching parties to exchange views on how the characters are unfolding with so many surprises. Final word on Deacon: Wow!

Misty April 19, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Please renew for another season!! Love this show!! And I agree with the others, please no more reruns during the season.

melissa April 19, 2013 at 12:50 am

Love love love this show, it’s nice to watch a good show for a change instead of all the reality crap thats out there. Please stop the reruns during regular season your getting everyones hopes up! We want more new episodes!! Please give us anothet season!

D April 18, 2013 at 6:08 pm

This is the best show in years!! I am getting aggravated though due to the frequent reruns, stop it

Magen April 18, 2013 at 12:54 am

I love this show. I feel it would definitely have a greater chance of success if the network didn’t play re-runs during the regular season, as mentioned before. Airing episode 7 when we are all expecting to see episode 19 on 4/17/13? Not a good way to give a great show a fighting chance. I really hope this show lives on for more seasons.

laura April 17, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I love this show! Please give us a Season 2! If you keep showing new episodes every week, the ratings will be better. Love love love Rayna!

Beverly Craft April 17, 2013 at 6:49 pm

PS I hate it when you put on reruns in regular season – like tonight 4/17/13…I want a new show – so I am a little mad about one less show

Beverly Craft April 17, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I love this show – I love the characters, I listen to the music in my car – please don’t cancel this show…..I am mad that I am not counted in the targeted demographics…..don’t you think the 50 plus year old women who are selfemployed with money to spend get a little pitter patter in their hearts when Deacon scenes are on – or are so happy that Gunnar and Scarlett are together…note to shows writer…please don’t screw that up and can Deacon and Rayna get together soon!!!!!

Nita Young April 16, 2013 at 2:27 am

Love Nashville. It is the only show I look forward to. A renew must

Audrey April 15, 2013 at 8:25 am

Renew it!!! Best show since Dallas. Keep it going

Cherie April 14, 2013 at 1:36 am

This is the only decent show on TV, please dont cancel.
Please renew.

Anonymous April 16, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Love love love Nashville, please renew!!

Anonymous April 13, 2013 at 1:08 am

Renewal is a must! So much trash and reality television out there. We need Nashville!

Ashton April 12, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Please renew the show! It’s my favorite! Don’t cancel!

KC April 12, 2013 at 12:43 pm

This show is so different from all the CSI/Cop craziness and the stupid reality shows.. Pls keep this show I love the cast and the music is pretty kickin as well!

cindy April 12, 2013 at 11:37 am

One of the only network shows worth watching. The one that I watch every week. Several weeks with out a new episode . BAD DECISION.