Nashville: One Less Episode for ABC Series

Nashville ABC TV showThere will be one less episode of Nashville, ABC’s country music dramatic series. The show will wrap its season after 21 episodes instead of the usual 22.

Accordng to TFC, the cut is being made because the show’s producers won’t be able to finish a full season of episodes in time for the May 22nd finale.

The 16 episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with just over six million total viewers.

The series is hardly a hit for the network but it has a good shot at being renewed since all of the network’s other new dramas — Red Widow, 666 Park Avenue, Last Resort, and Zero Hour — have tanked.

The decision on Nashville’s fate will be made by May 14th, the date of ABC’s upfront presentation to advertisers.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there’s going to be one less episode of Nashville? Are you hoping that the series gets renewed?

Canceled and renewed TV show

106 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Beverly Craft says

I love this show – I never post anything – but I look forward every Wedneday and get mad when it is a rerun – but I watch them over and over – I think you are wrong on viewers – everyone I know loves this show and we talk about the characters as if they were people we really know. All aspects of this show are top rate – the character development, the music and the story lines – great show – please do no cancel…..

2. Judy says

Love the show! I am very upset with ABC for airing a bunch of reruns and
    now cutting a show. They really need to get it together.

3. says

I am absolutely in LOVE with this show….please do not cancel!!!! I rarely watch TV and when I do this is the show that I tune in to. I look forward to Wednesday nights because of Nashville. You all have already cancelled one of my shows that I loved “666 park avenue”. Please ABC….do not make the same mistake twice!!!! I am really looking forward into seeing what drama is about to pop off with all of the characters ….particulaly Rayna & Deacon… I love them so much and think that they make a great and hot couple…..please don’t cancel!!!!!!!!!!!

4. miss gemes says

I am absolutely in LOVE with this show!!!! Please do not cancel!!! Just like most of the ones that have commented…I too rarely watch television and usually am in the bed by 8:30 but I press through on Wednesday nights so that I can watch Nashville. I am looking forward to see how all the storylines of each character’s life pan out ….especially Rayna & Deacon…..gosh I hope they get back together…..they make a great and hot couple…….AGAIN PLEASE DON’T CANCEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

5. Susie says

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL NASHVILLE. IT IS ONE OF THE BEST PROGRAMS I HAVE WATCHED OVER THE PAST YEAR. PEOPLE DO NOT RECOGNIZE A GOOD SCRIPT/STORY WHEN THEY SEE ONE. THIS ONE IS THE MOST NATURAL AND INTELLIGENT SERIES I HAVE WATCHED … AND BELIEVE IT IS QUITE TRUE TO LIFE IN NASHVILLE. I ESPECIALLY LOVE HAYDEN PANETIERE AND THINK SHE IS NOT ONLY BEAUTIFUL BUT VERY TALENTED. I ALSO ENJOY “RAINA” VERY MUCH — AND THINK SHE IS VERY NATURAL AND BELIEVABLE IN HER ROLE TOO.
    ALL THE CHARACTERS, MALE AND FEMALE. SEEM TO BE CAST PERFECTLY FOR THEIR ROLES. DO NOT CANCEL THIS SERIES !!!!!

6. Cindi says

This is the ONLY show I watch ( besides The Voice and Downton Abbey). I hope it stays on. These characters are well developed and purposeful. The music is great. That said, if it goes to “edgey” rather than entertaining, I can skip it.

7. Anonymous says

I love Nashville. The music is great and I love the characters. I look forward to seeing Rayna and Deacon get back together. Please don’t cancel the show

8. Karen says

It is my very favorite show. The acting is wonderful and the music could not be better. Please do not cancel.
    !

9. Becky says

Please don’t cut this show!! It is the best show on TV! I love the actors and actresses and the storyline!! The music is awesome also!! I upset that they have shortened the episodes by 1. Please keep this show on the air!!

10. Michelle says

I rarely watch television and Nashville is one of the few shows I chose to watch. I am shocked it hasn’t been renewed yet !! Shame on ABC for cutting the season short too. This is a fantastic show with many talented people. I do not watch ABC at all except for this show !! I have also found a new love of country music (which I never listened to before). Please renew !!!

11. medicinewoman1 says

RENEW PLEASE!!! Just can’t get enough of the incredibly talented Charles Estin and Connie Britton.

12. Liz says

Really love this show and hope that it continues to be on tv for a long time. I love the characters and all of the music. I love seeing the local sites in Nashville. This show makes me feel like I am there. Please don’t cancel.