Nashville: Season One Ratings

Nashville ABC ratingsWill Nashville fare better in the ratings than ABC’s quickly cancelled Cop Rock series? The critics have sung this new show’s praises but we’ll have to wait to see if the viewers agree and if they’ll keep watching.

The first season of Nashville typically airs Wednesday nights at 10pm on the ABC network. The drama’s cast includes Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, Powers Boothe, Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Jonathan Jackson, Sam Palladio, Robert Wisdom, and Judith Hoag.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Nashville is going to be cancelled or renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.94 million total viewers.

Episode 01-21: Wednesday, 05/22/13
1.9 in the demo (+12% change) with 6.02 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 1.87 in the demo with 5.94 million.

Episode 01-20: Wednesday, 05/15/13
1.7 in the demo (+6% change) with 5.56 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.87 in the demo with 5.93 million.

UPDATE: ABC has renewed this show for a second season for 2013-14.

Episode 01-19: Wednesday, 05/08/13
1.6 in the demo (-6% change) with 5.38 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 1.88 in the demo with 5.95 million.

Episode 01-18: Wednesday, 05/01/13
1.7 in the demo (-6% change) with 5.27 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 1.89 in the demo with 5.99 million.

Episode 01-17: Wednesday, 04/10/13
1.8 in the demo (+6% change) with 5.96 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 1.91 in the demo with 6.03 million.

UPDATE: The episode order has been cut to 21 episodes.

Episode 01-16: Wednesday, 04/03/13
1.7 in the demo (+13% change) with 5.54 million (+7% change).
Season averages: 1.91 in the demo with 6.03 million.

Episode 01-15: Wednesday, 03/27/13
1.5 in the demo (-6% change) with 5.18 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.93 in the demo with 6.07 million.

Episode 01-14: Wednesday, 02/27/13
1.6 in the demo (-11% change) with 5.20 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.96 in the demo with 6.13 million.

Episode 01-13: Wednesday, 02/13/13
1.8 in the demo (+6% change) with 5.74 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 1.98 in the demo with 6.20 million.

Episode 01-12: Wednesday, 02/06/13
1.7 in the demo (-11% change) with 5.30 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 2.00 in the demo with 6.24 million.

Episode 01-11: Wednesday, 01/23/13
1.9 in the demo (-14% change) with 5.51 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 2.03 in the demo with 6.32 million.

Episode 01-10: Wednesday, 01/16/13
2.2 in the demo (+5% change) with 6.54 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 2.04 in the demo with 6.41 million.

ABC TV show ratingsEpisode 01-09: Wednesday, 01/09/13
2.1 in the demo (+11% change) with 5.92 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.02 in the demo with 6.39 million.

Wednesday, 01/02/13 (Clip show)
1.2 in the demo with 3.97 million.

Episode 01-08: Wednesday, 12/05/12
1.9 in the demo (+6% change) with 5.95 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 2.01 in the demo with 6.45 million.

Episode 01-07: Wednesday, 11/28/12
1.8 in the demo (0% change) with 5.69 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 2.03 in the demo with 6.52 million.

Episode 01-06: Wednesday, 11/14/12
1.8 in the demo (-10% change) with 5.93 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 2.07 in the demo with 6.66 million.

UPDATE: ABC has ordered a full season for Nashville.

Episode 01-05: Wednesday, 11/07/12
2.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 6.07 million (+6% change).
Season averages: 2.12 in the demo with 6.80 million.

Episode 01-04: Wednesday, 10/31/12
1.8 in the demo (-10% change) with 5.74 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 2.15 in the demo with 6.99 million.

Episode 01-03: Wednesday, 10/24/12
2.0 in the demo (0% change) with 6.54 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.27 in the demo with 7.40 million.

Episode 01-02: Wednesday, 10/17/12
2.0 in the demo (-29% change) with 6.74 million (-25% change).
Season averages: 2.40 in the demo with 7.84 million.

Episode 01-01: Wednesday, 10/10/12
2.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.93 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.80 in the demo with 8.93 million.

Compared to last year’s Revenge premiere in the same timeslot, the network was down by 15% in the demo (vs a 3.3 rating) and down by 10% in viewership (vs 10.02 million). This wasn’t a terrible start but it’s not a great one either.

What do you think? Do you like Nashville TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Amazon.com Widgets

JASMINE May 13, 2013 at 11:29 am

I LOVE NASHVILLE. I HAVE NEVER LIKED COUNTRY MUSIC BUT SINCE THIS SHOW I LIKE IT NOW! I CANT WAIT UNTIL SEASON 2!!!!

Kim May 10, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Nashville is my addiction haha. I look forward to it every wednesday. It would be horrible if they cancelled it!

Ken May 10, 2013 at 12:44 am

I really like this show, I thank the ratings will go up IF you give it time
just keep Nashville.

Erin May 9, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I too think they need to renew Nashville! Hands down it’s my favorite show of this past season. My problem is the same as so many others – you barely get a few episodes in before skipping or rerunning. They are doing the same stuff with Revenge. It started around Christmas time but I figured once they started up again in January they would give us a few weeks but with both shows it never seems like it is on which drives viewers nuts!!! You get 3 episodes, skip a week, 2 episodes, skip a week, 1 episode, skip a MONTH, 2 episodes, skip ANOTHER month… it’s crazy. If they would just show 5 or 6 episodes in a row people can get a lot more invested in it. Same with Revenge!

Judy Weyers May 9, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Nashville is a great storyline, I am hoping it will not be cancelled.Love the cast and the music.

Claudia May 9, 2013 at 2:28 am

It is the BEST show on TV. I have waited for Deacon and Rayna this whole time. Please please stay on and keep them together. I love him and people need a good love story for a change. Please renew!!!!!

Linda May 8, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Please keep Nashville. I love the show. Every so often I have to miss the showing on ABC @ 10 p.m. EST but I definitely catch it on Hulu or ABC (I forget where I find it, but I find it). It’s my most favorite production, even more than Downton Abbey! The characters are doing a fantastic job, I love most of them and so look forward to Wednesday nights to catch up on the story!

LaRae May 7, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I love the show Nashville, it is fustrating when you get all settled in to watch the show and it is either a re-run or not on all together. But don’t cancel the show defanetily!!!!

Peggy May 7, 2013 at 4:19 am

It would be a shame if ABC were to cancel Nashville after not giving it a real chance to build viewers. The ratings go up, then down, then up and down. Maybe viewers get tired of seeing 1 -3 new episodes, then the show pre-empted or air reruns for 2 or 3 weeks. By the time they go back to a new episode, the people who were gaining interest have lost interest in it again.

This doesn’t sound like very smart planning by a network if they are trying to develop new hit shows. This show stands a good chance if being a hit if it is just treated properly.

Stephanie May 7, 2013 at 10:47 pm

I believe their viewers would increase if viewers didn’t have to wait weeks between episodes. I absolutely love the show but it ticks me off so much that I’ve considered just giving it up. Surely I’m not the only one. Guess we’re not big wigs in an office…. Surely we are ignorant after all.

Sammi May 6, 2013 at 1:13 am

Another worthwhile show to renew……PLEASE! Love the story, the cast & the music.

Nancy May 5, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Please keep Nashville going! Great story lines, interesting characters. A show with truly great music, but not a musical. Very entertaining!

jean oconnor May 5, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I love love this show ; so much talent, both musically and theatrically – please give us more!!!!!!

so manyreruns. May 5, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Please, give Nashville a chance! It is my favorite show. The problem this season was so many reruns and sporadic new shows. KEEP NASHVILLE!!!

Debbie May 4, 2013 at 10:04 am

Love love the show. The characters are great as is the music!!! Please give us a second season

Marianne May 4, 2013 at 9:27 am

I LOVE Nashville. If the ratings are poor, it’s because they’ve aired so many reruns! People lose interest. What are the producers thinking??