Nashville: Season Two Ratings

Nashville season two ratingsLast season, it looked like Nashville might be cancelled but ABC decided to renew the show instead. Will the ratings rise in season two so its future is assured or will the numbers drop so it cancelled this time? We’ll have to wait and see.

The Nashville TV show revolves around a rising country star (Hayden Panettiere) and a legendary superstar (Connie Britton) whose fame is fading. Others in the cast are Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Jonathan Jackson, Chris Carmack, Lennon Stella, and Maisy Stella.

5/10 update: Nashville has been renewed for a third season of 22 episodes by ABC.

Final season averages: 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.34 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The first season of Nashville averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.94 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Nashville TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

275 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. karen hansen says

Best show ever. Different then all the cops and creepy shows on. In a class all by itself and loving it.

2. Stacyaann says

PLEASE do not cancel! If anything, it should be better promoted. The music has such substance, unlike what the namesake in Tennessee has been producing for so long! I turned away from country music in the mid 90s… I think Watermelon Crawl was the final straw. I find scanning today’s country that most of it is repetitive and plastic as a, shall we say, a Red Solo Cup. The story lines are entertaining as you journey through a wide range of subject matter and emotions! I’ve laughed, I’ve cried, I’ve purchased the music and just sing along…………
    Once again, PLEASE do not cancel!

3. Jen says

I love this show so much! If I could I’d but 5 million TV’s with different cable accounts and put on each episode every Wednesday so it doesn’t get cancelled.

4. GiGiLK says

I love this show!! Best on television in a LONG time! Don’t cancel it!! How are ratings affected when people catch up on shows by watching them on demand? I not always able to watch it every week, but I can promise I see it on demand within a couple of days!

5. Kathy Goff says

Love this show!!! Different than anything on TV and such a nice change from all the cop an crime shows. Please do not cancel!!!!!

6. Christine says

I love this show! I really hope it gets renewed- there is SO much talent on this show- actors, writers, songwriters…amazing!

7. txkardash says

Yes!! I love this show i hope they dont cancel it!! I love all the country music although i really dont listen to it much!! Lol

8. Lee F says

Nashville is so refreshing. Both the acting and the singing are excellent while the plot has enough twists and turns keep you wanting to see another episode. Please keep it on. We have enough cop, reality, vampire, and sci-fi.

9. Betty says

It is a great show. I definitely think it should be renewed next season. The music appeals to all ages. Will Chase is a great addition to the cast.

10. Sanne says

I absolutely love this show. I found it only about a month ago, and I can’t get enough! I would really love to get it renewed.

• Emily R says

You should really go to the ABC app or ABC.com and watch from beginning. It is an awesome show. Loved the concert last night.