Nashville: Season Two Ratings

Nashville season two ratingsLast season, it looked like Nashville might be cancelled but ABC decided to renew the show instead. Will the ratings rise in season two so its future is assured or will the numbers drop so it cancelled this time? We’ll have to wait and see.

The Nashville TV show revolves around a rising country star (Hayden Panettiere) and a legendary superstar (Connie Britton) whose fame is fading. Others in the cast are Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Jonathan Jackson, Chris Carmack, Lennon Stella, and Maisy Stella.

5/10 update: Nashville has been renewed for a third season of 22 episodes by ABC.

Final season averages: 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.34 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The first season of Nashville averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.94 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Nashville TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a third season?

Nanrad February 12, 2014 at 4:09 pm

This is one of the best shows on Television. I think many people assume that if they don’t like country music they would not like the show. I really hope it is not cancelled!

Mojo February 11, 2014 at 11:52 pm

If this show is canceled, I may as well get rid of the television altogether. It’s the only thing I watch.

Tilly-Anne February 10, 2014 at 9:19 pm

My life will honestly be over if this show goes anywhere. I love this show is my favorite thing ever.

Jenn February 9, 2014 at 12:35 am

Please don’t cancel!!! I love this show,
It’s my favorite.

Barbara February 8, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Nashville is my favorite show. I DVR it every week so as not too miss it. I love the Deacon & Rayna relationship, they need to get together more on the show. Juliette & Avery are a great match. I like the fact that Avery has grown. Did you know that in real life Avery who is J. Jackson is getting his own record deal !!! All the singers on the show are fantastic. especially the two young sisters. Scarlett needs to be a bit more mature in how she handles relationships.
There are some hunky guys on the show. Charles Esten and Eric Close for two. Avery is very cute. I have been noticing on other shows that not all guys are hunky!!!
PLEASE keep this show on the air.

Virginia & Victor February 7, 2014 at 4:38 pm

We still love the Nashville Show – the best on the TV. Please keep it on.

Linda Tinley February 7, 2014 at 2:07 pm

PLEASE ABC DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!! This is one of the very best shows on TV as far as I’m concerned. The only thing that could improve it would be for Deacon and Rayna to be together. I am not a network TV show fan because every time I get involved with a show it gets cancelled so mainly I watch HBO and SHO series and movies only. I took a chance on becoming a Nashville fan and The Good Wife on CBS and they are both in danger of being cancelled. It just breaks my heart. Someone at the head of these TV Networks are not connected with their fan base…numbers aren’t everything!!!!

Faith February 6, 2014 at 11:19 am

Love this show!!!Best show on tv. My husband and I always look forward to wednesday nights because it’s on.

Carol February 5, 2014 at 12:17 am

This is the best show on TV IMO, I hate to think of TV without it. I do not watch but 2 shows on network stations. I think what should happen is to put it on an hour earlier and extend it to 2 hours. The 10 pm slot has to hurt it.

Liz M February 1, 2014 at 11:59 am

I love this show. Great writing, great actors, really great scenery in the background. Suspense every week. I hope it gets renewed.

sarah mills January 31, 2014 at 11:53 am

This show has run it’s course. It was new and fun, in the beginning…. Now, it is just a soap opera, with both female leads sleeping with anyone and everyone. It is an insult to anybody trying to make it in the business as well. These actors that cannot sing are all of a sudden “country singing” stars….overnight. And these country musicians that cannot act….are trying not to look and sound like complete fools. It’s not working for either.

Liz January 30, 2014 at 8:26 pm

This is by far the BEST show on T.V. I record it every week and can’t wait for it to come on. Connie Britton is the best actor/singer of all time and is so “real.” The music is awesome, the plot keeps its audience in suspense (so kudos to the writers), and there is always someone different to “root” for each week. I can’t imagine a season without “Nashville.”

maisie January 29, 2014 at 1:02 pm

This is one of the best shows on ABC or TV for that matter, great cast and character development. What a pity if they cancel this show

samantha January 27, 2014 at 7:22 pm

love it.
it’s dallas of old.
great cast but they do need a hunky jaw dropping guy.
as the men are a bit weak.

samantha January 27, 2014 at 7:22 pm

love it.
it’s dallas of old.
great cast but they do need a hunky jaw dropping guy.
as the men are a bit weak.