Nashville: Season Two Ratings

Nashville season two ratingsLast season, it looked like Nashville might be cancelled but ABC decided to renew the show instead. Will the ratings rise in season two so its future is assured or will the numbers drop so it cancelled this time? We’ll have to wait and see.

The Nashville TV show revolves around a rising country star (Hayden Panettiere) and a legendary superstar (Connie Britton) whose fame is fading. Others in the cast are Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Jonathan Jackson, Chris Carmack, Lennon Stella, and Maisy Stella.

5/10 update: Nashville has been renewed for a third season of 22 episodes by ABC.

Final season averages: 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.34 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The first season of Nashville averaged a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.94 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Nashville TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a third season?

Carol Rea February 24, 2014 at 6:18 pm

To ABC: Please dont cancel Nashville it is the best show on TV. I have not watched a show from the begining in a long time because I did not want to be disappointed if it was canceled but when Nashville debuted in the fall of 2012 I had to take a chance and Iam glad I did. The acting, the music and the writing is great. Please keep it on the air.

mgm February 24, 2014 at 1:49 pm

love the show, please renew it. it’s great, plus it’s based on real life.

SeoulDave February 24, 2014 at 9:22 am

This show is too intelligent to survive, and that annoys me to no end. I love this show! How can something as stupid as Jersey Shore or the Kardashians have viewers while quality like this does not? I guess I just answered my own question. I have little hope for its survival, but I will be delighted if it does come back for one more season.

Susan Bolger February 21, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Love the show & especially the music. 9 pm EST time would increase viewers.

Virginia February 20, 2014 at 7:26 pm

We love Nashville and want it left on. The last twoo weeks have been repeats – this is very disappointing and will cause people to loose interest.

Di February 20, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I discovered Nashville only recently and I love this show! I never would have said I was a fan of country music, but because of this show a whole new world of music has opened up to me. Please renew this show for at least another season!

Jordan February 21, 2014 at 1:44 pm

EXACTLY the same with me. I just discovered this show two weeks ago and can’t stop watching it. I haven’t been a big fan of country music either, but I love some “Rayna James” and “Juliette Barnes” for sure!

Mickey T February 18, 2014 at 9:35 am

I look forward to Nashville – really enjoy it! Please renew for Season 3 this show has lots of potential.

Nancy S February 17, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I have never commented on any site about anything. But I have to today. I rarely watch anything on TV but the news. Nashville caught my attention before the 1st episode when I seen it advertised. I love country music. I have watched Nashville since day 1 and I haven’t missed an episode yet. I am so interested in each of the characters that I can feel their pain, joy, and everything in-between. I used to watch a soap opera for 33 years until they cancelled it last year. I was so let down and disappointed and I know I would feel the same way if they cancelled Nashville. If I could tell someone in person, “Please Don’t Cancel Nashville!” I would.

Tiffany February 16, 2014 at 3:54 am

Love this show! Please renew for third season. Can’t get enough of it.

kathy February 15, 2014 at 2:07 pm

I really enjoy Nashville. Just watched season 1 and 2 on Netflix and want more of the characters. It’s a lovely muscial night time soap opera! lol Keep it going!!

Julie February 13, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Love the show, but the stopping and starting, stoping and starting of the programming drives me nuts. What happened to the good old days, where shows started in sept. and continued till summer reruns?

Ashley Griffin February 13, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I think it should be renewed because it is an awesome show with some great drama, music and Great couple connections!!!! And just saying Rayna and Deacon should get back together!!! RAYCON!!!!

michaelene gon February 13, 2014 at 10:57 am

NEED to run shows this good CONSECUTIVELY!!!!! NOT 2 weeks on…3 weeks on etc. This is happening more and more. VERY disappointed last night…especially since show the week before left us with Lamar suffering a heart attack as Teddy looks on!!!!

NO show can stand with this treatment. There is personal involvement with characters….STOP IT NETWORKS!!!!!!

Virginia February 12, 2014 at 10:21 pm

This is Feb 12,2014 and we have just tuned into watch Nashville anticpating the next event only to find the program has reverted to parts we have alredy seen. This happened last season. What is going on. No wonder people are not watching this program. I love Nashville but this is stupid. Please explain what is going on.

Ashley Griffin February 13, 2014 at 6:58 pm

They are trying to get ratings but they shouldn’t do it sooooo much the whole lets skip an episode. If they are gonna do a mid-season break they shouldn’t, go on another break!!

Emily February 14, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I think it was just a rerun because of the Olympics. Lost of shows do this when something major( like the Olympics ) is on so viewers don’t miss either or better yet they don’t lose viewers to whatever event. This goes back to before DVR’s.

stuart February 12, 2014 at 5:25 pm

I really hope it get renewed for a season 3 i just love the show and the music and the story has got better as time has gone on please renew and mayb next season get bigger country stars involved wud def up the veiws,carrie underwood,dolly loves her cameos its the best show to come up since desperate house wives departed so listen to ya veiwers WE WANT MORE!!!!:)