NCIS: Season 11 Ratings

NCIS season 11Last season, NCIS was the most-watched show on television with an audience of 19.3 million viewers. Will the ratings drop this season? Will the CBS show ever end? Is it already a lock for season 12? Time will tell.

On NCIS, Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon) and his team of special agents continue to investigate crimes that involve the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. Cote de Pablo is leaving the show but the rest of the cast — Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Rocky Carroll, and Brian Dietzen — is sticking around.

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

Final season averages: 2.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 18.5 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The 10th season of NCIS averaged a 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 19.29 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the NCIS TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a 12th season?

nemo f April 2, 2014 at 7:30 pm

for all the hype, the New Orleans episodes were just so so.

And could they jam in any more stereotypes about how Hollywood sees N.O. and the south? I am so tired of grits, gumbo, voodoo mardi gras and funeral processions cause after all nothing else happens in New Orleans the rest of the year and people only eat grits and gumbo on their way to the witch doctor for a reading.

C German April 1, 2014 at 12:34 am

I have watched the first episode with Bishop in it and agree with everyone who has commented about her lack of acting etc- and that is only after the first episode! She seems very shallow compared to the rest of the cast, and yes, sitting on the floor is ridiculous and does not lend depth to the character, rather it trivialises her further. I have watched this excellent series from the first, mainly because of Mark Harmon, but it developed into such a fantastic series all round that I would not miss it. However, I can feel my enthusiasm waning- sad. Get rid of Bishop or she will get rid of this show.

Dr Dejmal March 30, 2014 at 6:05 pm

We were your biggest fans…even watched reruns of previous seasons. Bishop has ruined the show. A total misfit. Even Gibbs is now out of character…can’t even imagine why Gibbs would allow her character to be written into the show. Poor poor choices for NCIS. Get rid of Bishop before NCIS is a thing of the past.

Leah April 1, 2014 at 10:42 am

I don’t know why CBS is not listening to our comments. NCIS is going down, and fast. Transfer Bishop somewhere else , and fix NCIS. Right now, the scripts are boring, and so is Bishop.

rams2050 March 25, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Hate Bishop. Terrible character, and poorly written.

And what has happened to Gibbs? He’s gone all marshmallow and poofy on us. Does the sight of a young, nubile blonde do that to a hardened old gunnery sergeant??? PLEASE!!

Where are the head thumps for Bishop? The sarcasm? The impatience with her foolish remarks, etc.? That’s right! There are none because BISHOP IS PERFECT!!!

What is going on with NCIS??? It used to stand as the epitome to which all series television could aspire, but no more. It is sinking into the dregs of formulaic TV of the worst kind.

Give us all a break: send Bishop back to the NSA where they must welcome such inane people with open arms.

B Welch March 25, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Can’t stand Bishop. I was an avid watcher of the show but stopped watching when Bishop came on the scene. Bishop is a horrible character and blame some of that on the writers. When she goes, I will start watching again.

Narva Rilet March 23, 2014 at 12:59 am

I LOVE NCIS, but I really don’t think it will be renewed again. Cote leaving is a big part of the rating drop, but it’s not just that. It’s very hard for TV shows to make it past ten years without being repetitive or overused.

Irish Guest March 23, 2014 at 11:04 am

I do agree with you, although I tend to think that people HELD ON thinking Ziva would be back or make an appearance. Now that they know she will not be back – and the insipid Bishop is on the show – well I think that ratings and Demo will certainly continue to drop. I hate to say this because I LOVED NCIS for years. My interest in the show left with Cote. I also think the fans are angry that Ziva is not even mentioned. Cote DID help bring this show to #1 – she is being disrespected. People do not like that ! I do not like that !

Lilli March 22, 2014 at 11:18 am

The comment I posted was meant to CBS, not NBC. NCIS has become so boring, I forgot the website.
CBS, please restore NCIS to it former glory!

Tom March 18, 2014 at 5:01 pm

My wife and I stopped watching after 11 years because of Weatherly’s insipid stunt with Silverman.

nemo f March 21, 2014 at 6:44 pm

That and the bishop character, and the bad writing and the ……..

Twilight March 18, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I just adore this show, It’s got to be the most amazing tv series ever, but lately I don’t like how they pull things around. Especially since that awful Bishop joined the team. The writers are so busy trying to show bishop’s characteristics, they totally forgot agout others. And I never liked that Bishop in the first place, I guess she’s supposed to be a genius who acts kinda funny but u know what? It ain’t funny at all! Besides a character like her should be in the lab or manage office works, she reminds me of Nell in NCIS LA, but Nell is much better and field agent-like than Bishop, even though Nell’s position is more of a analyzing specialist. I say that they just reassign Bishop to some office worker position, computer managing or whatever, and bring Ziva back.

Patti March 13, 2014 at 3:34 am

Love NCIS. Cote is gone get over it until when or if she were to come back.Characters of Kate, Jenny, Mike, Jackie, Eli and now Jackson Gibbs are gone. It is like life, people leave jobs and pass away. Give the Bishop character a chance.

nemo f March 21, 2014 at 6:44 pm

I have given her a chance, several in fact. The character is awful and the woman can’t act.

How many chances do you give something before you figure out it’s not wort your time

Lilli March 22, 2014 at 11:11 am

NCIS was my favorite show since it started. Now, thanks to its writers, producers and NBC, it’s not. Bishop’s character, the scripts, all boring. WAKE UP, NBC!

Irish Guest March 23, 2014 at 11:12 am

Oh, I think you have given BISHOP all the chances she deserves. I do not like to beat a dead horse – and the truth hurts – but SHE just can not act. She should never have been on this show. Bishop thinks making faces is acting. I am stunned she is still there. The only reason I can think is that they are angry at Cote for not remaining with the show – and are determined to have someone totally opposite ZIVA. Well, they have done that. Where Ziva was a wonderful actress who could do comedy and drama and look amazing doing it, this unkept blond bimbo screws up her face and sits on the floor. OMG Get rid of her – FAST…before she ruins the show for good!

B Welch March 25, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I gave her a chance and just can’t stand her character

Penny March 13, 2014 at 12:03 am

NCIS has been my favorite from the very beginning. Characters have come and gone and all was ok after any initial shock wore off. Ziva leaving the show was a blow but her reasons are understood and the show should have moved on as it has in the past. The addition of Bishop has sent the series into a tailspin. The character does not fit in, the irritating characteristics detract from the show, other characters have been dumbed down and are barely seen, Gibbs has changed into someone unrecognizable, the story lines are awful and I could go on and on. We have stopped watching the show and will not watch again until Bishop is removed from the show. What happened to the writers? There are several websites that all say the same thing about Bishop – just not right for NCIS. I’ve even tried sending feedback directly to CBS with no response at all. Gary G has made a terrible mistake and it will continue to cost NCIS viewership unless he removes Bishop and finds a stronger character that fits in with the rest of the team. I really do miss the old NCIS!

susan conklin March 5, 2014 at 10:36 am

love NCIS not Bishop. Let’s add some female love interest for Gibbs (I volunteer).

Less Bishop, more the others. And for God’s sake either get Bishop off the floor, or toss her a box of crayons & a colouring book. Need some surprise pix on Plasma.

Chloe March 4, 2014 at 8:16 pm

I love NCIS but not with Bishop. She does not fit in. They need to get someone older that has a personality. She is very boring, I do hope NCIS gets renewed but without her.

Ann March 4, 2014 at 10:39 am

We have watched NCIS from the beginning and could’t wait until Tuesday night. Since Bishop has taken Ziva’s place it’s not good at all to us. I agree with some of the previous comments and she does not fit in to us. My husband does not care to watch it anymore. I do hope that they will keep searching for someone that has a personality simular to Ziva’s.

Lilli March 12, 2014 at 3:13 pm

I agree with Ann and all the others that believe Bishop is not the ideal fit for NCIS. Please, find someone more appropriate for the role.

Hannah March 12, 2014 at 10:12 pm

there is nothing wrong with Bishop she is fine she fits in just fine

nemo f March 21, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Then why are the ratings down?

Irish Guest March 23, 2014 at 11:16 am

Because BISHOP is only liked by Ziva haters – and that is one small horrible group who monitor sites 24 / 7 to post. Bishop IS a hugepart of the ratings drop – and it will continue until NCIS LA takes the lead !

k brown March 2, 2014 at 12:53 pm

I would like to see NCIS return to the good storylines they have always had in the past. I do not think Bishop is a good fit – much to young in her actions and thinking processes. I do not feel it is believable. All of the characters have been changed to accommodate her – whereas she is the one that should have to fit in. Remember how long it took for Ziva to fit in with the other characters when she replaced Kate. Your writers shot Bishop in the foot with their scripts. You should bite the bullet and look for someone else now, actress and script writers or cancel the show. Your ratings will continue to slowly fall while your pursue this route.