NCIS: Season 11 Ratings

NCIS season 11Last season, NCIS was the most-watched show on television with an audience of 19.3 million viewers. Will the ratings drop this season? Will the CBS show ever end? Is it already a lock for season 12? Time will tell.

On NCIS, Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon) and his team of special agents continue to investigate crimes that involve the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. Cote de Pablo is leaving the show but the rest of the cast — Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Rocky Carroll, and Brian Dietzen — is sticking around.

3/13 update: This show has been renewed for the 2014-15 season by CBS.

Final season averages: 2.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 18.5 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The 10th season of NCIS averaged a 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 19.29 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the NCIS TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a 12th season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

139 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. mei says

Really missed Ziva. Feel her character created great chemistry with the rest of the cast. I feel this season was not as good due to the new cast who replaced her. My fav cast was season 3 i think, with the lady director and ziva. This is my fav show at the moment, not only because of the chemistry between the cast, the hilarious bits in between and the nice endings. To me. csi is too scary, this is just perfect. May not be realistic but that’s what i like in a tv show.

• nemo f says

when a show gets old or is losing ratings, tv networks always add “the blonde” to the cast. for some reason, they think a blonde automatically equals higher ratings.

2. Sally Prescott says

Is it that you didn’t want any Israeli’s on the show, because you have gotten rid of all of them.

3. sandy says

I am disappointed that there are only repeats on CBS. Where are the new shows? I really can’t stand the character that Bishop portrays , or for that matter, her appearance.
    She just doesn’t fit in. The storyline with Ziva was great and I loved her in the show.

• says

I used to love NCIS, but after they put the Bishop character on the show, I can’t stand it. Unfortunately, it looks like she will be back in September when the new season starts. I can’t understand why CBS is keeping Bishop, when the majority of the viewers don’t like her. The dynamic of the show is gone. It’s sad.

• Jo-Ann says

I totally agree with most of the comments. Bishop does not fit in. You need the banter that Tony had with Ziva or with Kate. Everyone treats Bishop like a fragile little sister. WHERE THE HECK ARE THE HEAD SLAPS, GIBBS? I don’t like the show since they put Bishop in. I like when Tony, McGee, Abby, Ducky, Vance or Gibbs have something going on. Why do you even focus on Bishop? Save NCIS. It use to be my favorite show and I use to look so forward to Tuesday evenings. Now, I could care less. I know the producers are great and must know what they’re doing, but sometimes you can go astray and Bishop needs to leave. I wish Ziva would come back, but I guess that’s not in the cards. I just wish the people who are in charge are listening to their viewers. Don’t want to put an actor out of work, but Bishop shouldn’t be in NCIS. Maybe a different show, but not my favorite. SHE ISN’T PART OF THE TEAM AND DOESN’T FIT IN!!!!!!

4. Mac says

Would like Ziva to return and Bishop to leave, Tony’s character is becoming very child like at times and needs a good shake up. The writing of the stories could also do with a shake up and make them more interesting and creating new story lines not repeating story lines from the past.

• says

I totally agree with Mac. Tony is getting too silly, Bishop just doesn’t fit anywhere on the series. And please, CBS, don’t transfer her to the new series in LA.

• Jo-Ann says

I totally agree with Leah. Bishop does not fit in. Gibbs is not Gibbs. There’s too much on Bishop. I love when the show centers on Ducky, Abby, McGee or Tony and especially Gibbs, but not Bishop. She has no affect and brings NOTHING to the show. WHERE ARE THE HEAD SLAPS???????? The show is so drab and light weight. Please do something. You have great characters (of course, other than Bishop). I don’t want to be mean, but that character doesn’t help the show, but hurt the show. You need Tony to have the love/hate relationship he had with Kate or Ziva. Come on, do something before viewership is null.

5. Glenn Howard says

one of our favorite programs. ziva’s character was fun, interesting and pertinent. she is missed. bishop is a lightweight. no personality of importance to the show.
    however, we will watch it regardless. we love it!

6. annie says

The chart above supports what a lot of viewers have been saying. The addition of Bishop does not fit, either in the writing or the acting. When viewers go from 20 million to 16 by the end of the season with a strong continued downward trend….maybe the fans are trying to tell NCIS something that is more than Ziva sour grapes. Get rid of Bishop, refocus in depth on characters you haven’t done before, such as Tim, get a good story line going for Tony, his character is lost. MORE Abbie. COME ON…stop being so stubborn about the Bishop mistake and get going or this series is going down even more.

7. Wilma says

I have loved NCIS until this year. I wasn’t sure about Ziva when she replaced Kate. Have been watching Bishop, but can’t get behind her. Now I hardly ever watch it on CBS. I work from home and do watch it every chance I get on USA, but even they have cut back.

I’m going to the local jazz club on any Tuesday is better than Bishop.

• Jo-Ann says

I use to look so forward to Tuesday nights. I love Abby, Tony, Ducky, McGee and of course Gibbs. But what’s going on? It’s so lightweight and Bishop’s character doesn’t fit in. Where are the head slaps. It’s like Gibbs treats Bishop with gentle care and they need Ziva. I loved Kate and the banter with Tony and Ziva and Tony’s flirting. But now it’s sooooooooooooooooooooo boring. Bring back Gibbs. The no nonsense, head slapping, cool guy. This Gibbs is … I don’t know what to write.

8. M. Vincent Savage says

They should have paid Ziba what she asked. All the women brought into the show stacked together do not equal her contribution. This is a classic lose-lose situation for both parties.

9. KK says

The main issue is the writing I think. With such a strong character like Ziva leaving, the writing really needed to be on point. I don’t think the Ellie Bishop character has set the world alight, but it has been made much worse by the lack of decent material for the remaining characters. We need interesting, creative, fresh storylines, not the same old recycled rubbish!

• nemo f says

whole heartily agree. the stories and writing this season were horrible. My wife ( who doesn’t watch a lot of tv) watched the first 15 minutes or so of the last night’s show and turned it off saying WHO WRITES THIS GARBAGE.