NCIS

NCISNetwork: CBS
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: September 23, 2003 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Cote de Pablo, Lauren Holly, Brian Dietzen, Sasha Alexander, Rocky Carroll, Joe Spano, Scottie Thompson, Pancho Demmings, and Stephanie Mello.

current TV show

TV show description:
In this spin-off of JAG, the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) investigates crimes to people or property affiliated with the U.S. Marine Corp. or U.S. Navy.

Major Case Response Team Supervisor (MCRT) for the NCIS, Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), demands the very best from his team. They include immature, ex-homicide detective Anthony Dinozzo (Michael Weatherly); ex-Secret Service agent Caitlin “Kate” Todd (Sasha Alexander); Goth forensic specialist Abby Sciuto (Pauley Perrette); MIT graduate Timothy McGee (Sean Murray); and medical examiner Dr. “Ducky” Mallard (David McCallum). Cases investigated include an Air Force commander dying on Air force One, a Navy lieutenant gone missing, and bodies appearing at a Naval base. But no case hits as close to home as when team member Kate is killed by a terrorist. In their grief, the team bands together, with the help of Mossad Ziva David (Cote de Pablo), to avenge her death. Ziva then joins the unit in Kate’s place.

When NCIS Director Thomas Morrow (Alan Dale) leaves his position for Homeland Security, Jenny Shepard (Lauren Holly) takes his place. This proves to be a distraction for Gibbs as the two have a personal history. Later on, Leon Vance (Rocky Carroll) becomes the NCIS Director.

Claudia February 23, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I really love Ncis!!!!! I hope there will be many other seasons!!!❤️❤️ Gibbs is great!!!

Sammy Carson September 25, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I posted this at another location in response to someone who thought that Cote was leaving because they thought she didn’t get along with other cast members, and that she quit because they wouldn’t let her take over the show. Ah, person must have been from a different solar system.
Since she is not talking it’s anyone’s guess, but her departure it appears was in question dating back to Feb., so that takes a few things off the table. To me that says she is not … pregnant, seriously ill or has another show lined up. If they offered her bags of money and a punched up story line and she still turned it down, pondering her relationship with fellow cast members might be in question. But with all the power and clout Harmon has I doubt he would be on-board for the offered perks to any cast member that was rocking the boat. You could be correct but I still feel something else is a foot here. In some reviews she seemed saddened about her departure and they are not killing her off so the door is open. This might be a very long shot but I am beginning to wonder if this isn’t some sort of hook. Maybe Cote just needs some time off. Maybe an injury from the show requires corrective surgery, who knows. Perhaps Vance will take a different position on a full time bases and in a year a new director will show up and when Gibbs strolls into the directors office …. there she is! Could happen.

Crystal July 16, 2013 at 8:10 pm

With the news of Cote de Pablo (Ziva) leaving, it has been devastating. All good things must come to and end ,but if anyone at CBS or her friends could convince her to stay it would be fantastic…she really makes the show and is one of the popular characters besides Abby… Reconsider Cote!

Crystal July 16, 2013 at 8:06 pm

NCIS #1 Drama on T.V ..don’t let Ziva (Cote de Pablo) go!

lesa May 19, 2013 at 4:03 am

My Mom got me started watching this before she passed away. This is only one of two shows that my husband and watch together. We DVR it every week so we can watch it together on the weekends.

Mary April 23, 2013 at 9:31 pm

MY WHOLE FAMILY AND LOTS OF MY FRIENDS LOVE THIS SHOW! PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL!!!!!

Gloria March 27, 2013 at 8:38 pm

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW ESPECIALLY ABBIE!!!

Edy July 11, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Where’s Ducky????????????????

Mathew Tatro February 12, 2012 at 1:32 am

Dear CBS Television Network. A Wide Variety Of Viewers Are Believing The Drama Titled As NCIS Is Starting To Jump The Shark After Being Out There For A Long Time. Please Consider Bringing The JAG Cast Together For A Series Ending Finale Throughout The Springtime Showing Jethro Gibbs Being Convicted Of Acting Like A Selfish Idiot. NCIS was already wearing out their welcome a few years ago following the ending of the parent program named JAG. That’s how Sequels are created. Also Allow Tony & Ziva to figure out a way of being friends before ending their dramas. that’s the only thing the writing staff should think about doing well. Sincerely Mathew Tatro

James Cunningham April 15, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Please tell me if they are taking the new girl (Bishop). Please get rid of her. I have stopped watching, and it was my favorite show of all time and I am 70.

Please let me know when I can start watching again.

nicole November 11, 2011 at 2:19 pm

cbs has all the good shows but my # 1 is ncis Gibbs is so cute he makes the show and all the others do too So dont change anything it is great just like it is thanks