New Girl: Season Three Ratings

New Girl season three ratingsAt the end of last season, Jess and Nick finally got together. Will this development help New Girl’s ratings in season three or end up hurting them? We’ll have to wait and see.

New Girl revolves around a free-spirited young woman (Zooey Deschanel), her three single male roommates (Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield, and Lamorne Morris), and her childhood best friend who’s now a model (Hannah Simone).

The higher a show’s ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

3/7 update: FOX has renewed the show for a fourth season.

4/16 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

Last year comparison: The second season of New Girl averaged a 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.40 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the New Girl TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Bruce April 17, 2014 at 8:12 am

One of the reasons I can’t watch Fox Monday through Friday. Just awful shows.

Dee March 13, 2014 at 8:36 am

this show sucks this year…whenever they have main characters get together it usually goes downhill…the acting is awful…what happened….did the show get new writers…why do they keep adding new characters?

Sara Holmes February 16, 2014 at 2:44 am

I love this show!!!’n it’s fantastic. Can’t get enough

Samara February 12, 2014 at 6:39 pm

I enjoy this show! I really love Linda Cardellini! She played well opposite Zooey! I hope she’ll be in many more episodes, or even join the cast!

Anonymous January 8, 2014 at 10:03 pm

what is happening with the writing this season. This was seriously one of my favorite shows and now I’m having trouble watching each episode

Anonymous January 2, 2014 at 7:38 pm

I’ve tried hard for some time now to get into this show. I wanted it to succeed for Zooey’s sake. Sorry kids.it sucks hard.

D. Vicor December 24, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Major shark jumper. This show is now an unfunny convoluted mess.

Ramen December 16, 2013 at 7:43 am

It is a great show I like how they brought Coach back in epsiode 7 of season 3. I look foward to watching new girl for season 4. It is very funny how winston became a cat man. Jess and Nick have a great relationship and it is not disgusting.

Lo October 11, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I used to like this show…but now it’s so awful. Schmidt is a bigger douche than he ever was and I feel no sympathy for him and his breakups; Jess and Nick are simply disgusting. Nick used to be my favorite character because he hated everyone–now the show is just about their relationship problems. Winston, now the best character, is BARELY featured. I’ve been watching since season one and I don’t want to anymore.

Dellandw September 25, 2013 at 11:28 pm

….sorry …just not funny….uninteresting characters….poor stories