Nikita: Season Three Ratings

Never a ratings hit, Nikita has now been moved to Friday nights by The CW. Will Nikita prosper on that night (as Supernatural did) or end up being cancelled instead? Stay tuned!

Revolving around a former spy and assassin, the third season of Nikita typically airs on Friday nights on The CW network. The cast includes Maggie Q, Lyndsy Fonseca, Shane West, Devon Sawa, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Dillon Casey, and Noah Bean.

Here are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Nikita is going to be cancelled or renewed for season four.

Final season averages: 0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.13 million total viewers.

Episode 03-22: Friday, 05/17/13
0.4 in the demo (+100% change) with 1.0 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 0.34 in the demo with 1.13 million.

Episode 03-21: Friday, 05/10/13
0.2 in the demo (0% change) with 1.01 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.33 in the demo with 1.14 million.

UPDATE: Nikita has been renewed for a shorter fourth season.

Episode 03-20: Friday, 05/03/13
0.2 in the demo (-33% change) with 1.03 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 0.34 in the demo with 1.15 million.

Episode 03-19: Friday, 04/26/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 0.95 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.35 in the demo with 1.15 million.

Episode 03-18: Friday, 04/19/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 0.97 million (-16% change).
Season averages: 0.35 in the demo with 1.16 million.

Episode 03-17: Friday, 04/12/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.15 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 0.35 in the demo with 1.17 million.

Episode 03-16: Friday, 04/05/13
0.3 in the demo (-25% change) with 1.23 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.18 million.

Episode 03-15: Friday, 03/29/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.22 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.17 million.

Episode 03-14: Friday, 03/15/13
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.21 million (-12% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.17 million.

Episode 03-13: Friday, 03/08/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.37 million (+36% change).
Season averages: 0.35 in the demo with 1.16 million.

Episode 03-12: Friday, 03/01/13
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 1.01 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.15 million.

Episode 03-11: Friday, 02/22/13
0.3 in the demo (-40% change) with 1.24 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.16 million.

Episode 03-10: Friday, 02/08/13
0.5 in the demo (+25% change) with 1.34 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.37 in the demo with 1.15 million.

Episode 03-09: Friday, 02/01/13
0.4 in the demo (-20% change) with 1.23 million (-20% change).
Season averages: 0.36 in the demo with 1.13 million.

Episode 03-08: Friday, 01/25/13
0.5 in the demo (+25% change) with 1.53 million (+21% change).
Season averages: 0.35 in the demo with 1.13 million.

Episode 03-07: Friday, 01/18/13
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.27 million (+7% change).
Season averages: 0.33 in the demo with 1.06 million.

Episode 03-06: Friday, 12/07/12
0.4 in the demo (0% change) with 1.19 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 0.32 in the demo with 1.02 million.

CW TV show ratingsEpisode 03-05: Friday, 11/30/12
0.4 in the demo (+33% change) with 1.20 million (+40% change).
Season averages: 0.30 in the demo with 0.99 million.

Episode 03-04: Friday, 11/09/12
0.3 in the demo (0% change) with 0.86 million (-25% change).
Season averages: 0.28 in the demo with 0.94 million.

Episode 03-03: Friday, 11/02/12
0.3 in the demo (+50% change) with 1.14 million (+41% change).
Season averages: 0.27 in the demo with 0.97 million.

Episode 03-02: Friday, 10/26/12
0.2 in the demo (-33% change) with 0.81 million (-15% change).
Season averages: 0.25 in the demo with 0.88 million.

Episode 03-01: Friday, 10/19/12
0.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 0.95 million total viewers.
Season averages: 0.30 in the demo with 0.95 million.

Year to year, Nikita was down by 50% in the demo (vs a 0.6 rating) and down by 49% in viewership (vs 1.85 million).

Reference point: The 2011-12 season averaged a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.54 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Nikita TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Amazon.com Widgets

Dawn November 30, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I love this show. Maggie Qs is the perfect NIKITA. I watched the entire series via Net Flicks in 1 month. I look forward to the show continuing. I love that the Percy Character received his justice through NIKITAS hand literally. All the characters play well together. I HOPE the show endures for a season or more ; with good story development.

Michael November 24, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Don’t see Nikita is getting cancelled when its so close to the golden goose of TV. Nikita is up for syndication numbers next season.
The pull of a fourth season for syndication purposes is one of the strongest forces in the TV universe.

But i would love if more people watch this brilliant show.

Alex November 11, 2012 at 10:00 pm

This is honestly the best show on tv. At first I thought it was just me who has become so obsessed with it but now every friend I show it to also instantly becomes a fan. Recruting new members every day! PLEASE have a season 4!

NG November 4, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Please do not cancel this show! It’s seriously amazing. I can’t wait for Season 3 to pick up a bit but then it did just start. Seriously a wonderful show with amazing acting.

Amy November 4, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Nikita is one of the dumbest and most boring shows on TV… Its always the same thing- with skinny Nikita kicking ass against Division. Boo- cancel it.

Holi November 4, 2012 at 7:52 am

OK, I definitely LOVE this show, it is great!! Why not allow it to continue and take a poll from the public for story lines. If your running out of ideas, we the public have many that we can offer to keep this show alive… Just a thought:-)

Benji November 4, 2012 at 12:52 am

If they got back up close to two million The CW could justify keeping it on Friday nights. But if it does get canceled this season I just hope the network let’s the writers and know so they can give it a proper ending. Love the show! Nikita and Alex are smoking!!!

Melissa November 2, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I’m pulling for Nikita, but the show has changed so much that it’s gotten weird. CW has definitely left it on Friday nights to die. Hardly any marketing for it either. We haven’t even gotten to see many shirtless guys this season.

Benji November 2, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I love this show but if your show is dropping to under a million viewers it’s not gonna be on much longer. Hopefully they can finish this season and complete the story.

Michael October 31, 2012 at 6:00 am

I would miss this show greatly if it was cancelled. I love everything about it. The acting, writing, action, comedy, mystery, etc. It has twists and turns but more importantly the character development and our attachment to them is second to none. I would be very upset so please DO NOT cancel NIKITA. We need another season but we also need another NIGHT. This night seems to play a bit on the bad side for demographics in different age groups … :) SAVE NIKITA !!

paula October 30, 2012 at 2:27 pm

This show is great. I hope it’s not canceled. I don’t understand why the best programs are canceled and we are left with stupid reality shows. I. CW keeps making mistakes i.e. The Secret Circle should have never been canceled . Hope they get it right with Nikita

Marguerite Fortunato October 30, 2012 at 11:24 am

I absolutely love this show! It has a great talented cast and the storyline is wonderful and exciting. I cannot wait for each Friday to watch it. I take my phone off the hook so I will not be disturbed! This show could use more exposure and I tell everyone about this show and tell them to watch it. HHey CW, get on it!!!

Sonya October 26, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I love this show???

Andrew October 25, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I love this show (as I did the first TV series) but I had forgotten it was back on, taking so long between season 2 and 3. Now that I know, I’ll be watching again. Maybe this could account for some of the drop in viewership?

Joey October 24, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I love Nikita a lot I started to watch it on Netflix and could not stop watching. It’s a very amazing show. And season 3 is awesome so far .I hope they keep this show. It would be very disappointing if they did not.