No Ordinary Family: ABC Family Action Series; Cancel or Keep It?

No Ordinary FamilyLast night, ABC unveiled their much-anticipated new TV show, No Ordinary Family. Were the ratings heroic or will the family and their adventures soon be cancelled?

No Ordinary Family revolves around the Powell family who, while on vacation, crash into Amazon River and gain special abilities. The new show stars Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz, Autumn Reeser, Jimmy Bennett, Kay Panabaker, Tate Donovan, Christina Chang, and Romany Malco.

What do you think of No Ordinary Family?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

According to the Nielsen ratings, No Ordinary Family attracted a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.69 million total viewers. For the timeslot, it ranked in second place in both categories.

TV show supportConsidering that it aired opposite a hit show like NCIS: Los Angeles (which had a 3.7 rating and 16.51 million viewers), No Ordinary Family had a very good debut.

We’ll have a better idea about the show’s future in the next couple weeks as we see if the show’s audience grows or significantly shrinks. For now it looks to be in really good shape.

So, what do you think? Did you tune in to see the first episode of No Ordinary Family?

Will you watch next week? Cancel or keep it?

Andre November 23, 2011 at 11:14 am

No Ordinary Fmaily has been a great. To my estimation the attraction was growing but not at a fast pase. I have introduced persons to the show and it has become an addiction for them. I enjoyed it and with there would be more like it in the near future.

wanona October 7, 2011 at 6:14 am

keep the show it’s one of my favorite shows, even if you have to put it on a different time and day KEEP IT!

Kelley September 29, 2011 at 10:50 am

LOVE IT! keep it going….

Gary L Dixon July 28, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Don’t cancel the series. I have been following it over here in Asia on your fox channel here and I make sure I catch ever show. I was disappointed when I watched it last night and then I seen they were putting a rerun of a rerun of a rerun in its place starting next Monday. Keep it on and give them a fair chance. I love the whole cast on the show! Why do you guy’s always cancel something that may have a good chance in gathering a large following. They didn’t even advertise that that was the final show when it was aired last night that sucked too!!

Gary L Dixon July 28, 2011 at 8:54 pm

DON’T CANCEL THE SERIES. IHAVE BEEN FOLLOWING IT OVER HERE IN ASUIA ON YOUR FOX CHANNEL HERE AND I MAKE SURE I CATCH EVER SHOW. I WAS DISAPPOVED WHEN I WATCHED IT LAST NIGHT AND THEN I SEEN THEY WERE PUTTING A RERUN OF A REUN OF A RERUN IN IT’S PLACE STARTING NEXT MONDAY. KEEP IT ON AND GIVE THEM A FAIR CHANCE. I LOVE THE WHOLE CAST ON THE SHOW! WHY DO YOU GUY’S ALWAYS CANCEL SOMETHING THAT MAY HAVE A GOOD CHANCE IN GATHERING A LARGE FOLLOWING. THEY DIDN’T EVEN ADVERTISE THAT THAT WAS THE FINAL SHOW WHEN IT WAS AIRED LAST NIGHT, THAT SUCKED TOO!!

Sandra June 28, 2011 at 3:50 pm

This was the first decent show in decades. Please let us see more. I have stopped watching ABC for now.

Maddy May 15, 2011 at 8:47 am

I love this show you can’t leave us with that much of a cliff hanger like what powers would gorge get????

cookiebear101 May 11, 2011 at 4:23 pm

i LOVe no ordnary family! they should NOT have canceled it! i mean everything happened in the last episode! they cant just leave george getting super powers and katie having a super child and joeshua coming back and dr.king dying! it’s stupid!!!!!! bring the show back PLEASE!!!!! it maight be showing at 10EST time but idk… PLEASE *100000001million (hey tht would b a catchy benfit night name 4 it) BRING BACK NO ORDINARY FAMILY!!! the only REALLY good shows on TV r pysch, bones and NO ORDINARY FAMIYL!!!!! at least b alittle like hannahmontanah and comeback for a half season, then keep going!!! PLEASE! BRING NO ORDINARY FAMILY BACK!!!!!

calvin May 10, 2011 at 8:13 am

I think that it should stay on because it is a family show and how many show that have families that are together and they are, NO ORDINARY FAMILY. Keep them coming, and I’ll keep tunning in.

Mackenson April 23, 2011 at 9:01 am

Hello pleasr keep no ordinary family on the air i’ve nevrr use to watch abc family since the day show come in I always make dure tune in every tursday to watch each episode. If one I missed one i go online and watch it.

Kerry April 21, 2011 at 7:08 am

In my opinion “no ordinary family” is the best show that ABC has come up with in a long time, I can’t get enough of it. Please don’t cancel this show.

rebekah April 16, 2011 at 10:39 am

i did tune in to see the first episode and everyone after it!!!!!!!!!!!

Ali April 12, 2011 at 6:45 am

ABC please keep No Ordinary Family on your schedule. For years I have passed on ABC shows for those on other stations. This show has given me something to truly look forward to week after week. A show the whole family – no matter how young or old the family members are – can watch. Keep it alive!!

For those out there that want a Season 2, visit http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/no-ordinary-family-petition/ for ideas on how to be heard.