No Ordinary Family: ABC Family Action Series; Cancel or Keep It?

No Ordinary FamilyLast night, ABC unveiled their much-anticipated new TV show, No Ordinary Family. Were the ratings heroic or will the family and their adventures soon be cancelled?

No Ordinary Family revolves around the Powell family who, while on vacation, crash into Amazon River and gain special abilities. The new show stars Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz, Autumn Reeser, Jimmy Bennett, Kay Panabaker, Tate Donovan, Christina Chang, and Romany Malco.

What do you think of No Ordinary Family?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

According to the Nielsen ratings, No Ordinary Family attracted a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.69 million total viewers. For the timeslot, it ranked in second place in both categories.

TV show supportConsidering that it aired opposite a hit show like NCIS: Los Angeles (which had a 3.7 rating and 16.51 million viewers), No Ordinary Family had a very good debut.

We’ll have a better idea about the show’s future in the next couple weeks as we see if the show’s audience grows or significantly shrinks. For now it looks to be in really good shape.

So, what do you think? Did you tune in to see the first episode of No Ordinary Family?

Will you watch next week? Cancel or keep it?

Barb October 3, 2010 at 6:28 am

I didn’t expect to like this show but I loved it! I’ve saved it on PVR to show my adult sons when they come to visit as I think they’ll enjoy it too.

AuntieD October 1, 2010 at 10:48 am

I liked it. I like “The Incrediblex” comparison I am seeing. It looks like a family show that I can watch with my family. I hope it sticks ar0und.

kelly September 30, 2010 at 12:58 pm

my new faverit show on abc in a long time. most of the show are ok to me. but yeah now a funny show and some action as well.

Cami September 30, 2010 at 7:26 am

I was hopeful that this would be a show that I could watch with my young kids. (8 9 10yr) ABC the “Family” station and it was on at 8p.m. the “Family” hour.
I was not happy with the sex scene between the parents. My children were asking me why did she call him home to take a nap naked, and then I had to explain the freshman high school girls problem with sleeping with her boyfriend. I did my best mommy dance around those questions but this is a show I know we will not be watching as a family. Not sure if I will keep it on the DVR line up either.

D Harvell October 6, 2010 at 9:35 am

CAMI – I can appreciate your concern about your young ones asking why they “took a nap, naked”. It wasn’t “No Ordinary Family” we were watching, but whatever it was, there was a similar scene. My 6-year-old asked the same question. My best dance-around was, “Hey, I sleep naked. It’s actually pretty comfortable!”. It got a little chuckle out of her and the situation was diffused! For the record, though… I really don’t sleep that way. It was just an easy out! =]

MK September 30, 2010 at 6:52 am

Enjoyable show. It’s a little bit Heroes, a little bit The Incredibles…let’s see where it goes.

Alex September 29, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Loved it… Julie Benz is great… still can’t believe Rita is gone…

k September 29, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Really fun

WyldGade September 29, 2010 at 5:54 pm

We enjoyed it. I’m interested to see where they’ll take it.

no ordinary viewer September 29, 2010 at 4:31 pm

I’m no ordinary viewer ….. a BIG yawn to this show. I was not amused, entertained or impressed !

Craig September 29, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I have enjoyed watching three of the family members quite a lot on other shows. If there is a script, these actors will be able to make it work. Chiklis and Benz have both played dark characters and characters with heart. If this show could tap into a bit of both, it could be really good.

Bill C... September 29, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I was hesitant to see this due to the bad reviews it was getting by critics, but Ive always liked the “Super Hero” story lines and this show had a good start. The actors are good for their roles (Love Julie Benz) and eager to see where it leads. I hope the story keeps going strong. The “villain or villains” I thought were the only possible down side…

And as with HEROES, Im still in shock its gone…

Tim September 29, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I loved it but we were working and I missed the last 5min because it did not tape. There must have been another program that went longer. Looking for a rerun or on-line?

mdaldridge1978 September 29, 2010 at 6:58 pm

ABC is re-airing the pilot of No Ordinary Family this Friday night at 9pm.
(Oct. 1st 2010)

Jeff September 29, 2010 at 2:46 pm

It was as I’d expected. It’s entertaining and predictable. I’ll be curious to see if it can evolve or become run-of-the-mill.

NEK38583 September 29, 2010 at 1:53 pm

I beleive Dancing with the stars and this show is both on ABC so they could not have aired opposite.

admin September 29, 2010 at 3:05 pm

@NEK38583: You are correct. The article’s been corrected. Thanks.

Fox Jericho September 29, 2010 at 1:17 pm

My favorite new show! It better stay around longer than Heroes.