No Ordinary Family: ABC Cuts Episodes, Cancelled Next?

No Ordinary Family canceled next?The alphabet network has decided they don’t need quite as many episodes of No Ordinary Family. This is just another indication that the show will be cancelled in May. The freshman series may revolve around a family with special powers but the ratings have been anything but super.

Starring Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz, No Ordinary Family debuted on September 28th to a 3.2 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic and 10.69 million viewers. That was a good start but the numbers dropped by 16% by episode two and have essentially kept falling ever since. The latest installment hit a new low with a 1.4 rating in the demo and 4.77 million viewers, making it the lowest-rated scripted show on the network.

Back in late October, despite the falling numbers, ABC ordered nine additional episodes, bringing No Ordinary Family’s season total to 22 installments. ABC execs have now decided to cut the order down to 20 episodes.

TV show supportAccording to The Futon Critic, this week’s episode will be an original, number 17. The next two weeks will be filled by repeats and then the final three episodes of the season (and likely the series) will air after that. The finale will air on April 5th.

What do you think? Are you disappointed by the news? Is No Ordinary Family worth saving?

netta May 9, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I am so mad that this show ended just finish watching it on hulu and I am in love with it the network need to bring it back so up set about this

Glen March 6, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I watched the entire season Hulu. I enjoyed it. Sorry to see it end.

Albert January 5, 2013 at 10:41 pm

No ordinary family for me the show is worth saving that’s just my opinion I truelly enjoyed the show

divine November 6, 2012 at 5:28 am

Why did they ended it??? I can’t sleep now sighhhh
I just finished the season 1 now looking for Season 2, where is it?
I was wondering If finally George is going to have a power because he was with the super villains in the plain. Also Katie and Josh baby’s power.. urrrrgggghh please make Season 2!!!!!!!

Joe vinette October 22, 2012 at 11:20 am

i see how all the other peoples comments most are the same i really liked this show blah blah blah. but they actually seriously left us hanging with this show. In the end of the last episode all the prisoners with super powers escaped! WTF this show was just one of my favorites and i am very angry atABC network they are some morons for getting rid of this show and they had better know eveyone is angry with them for cancelling it.

Tricia September 28, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I really loved this show. I have seen every episode and it sucks that their not going to be playing them. I thought it was absolutly amazing. To be honest I have always hated ABC they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevin July 28, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I’ve been watching this great show on Netflix and I was extremely disappointed that season 2 was canceled. Im so sick of finding out that most of the best shows out there get canceled. No ordinary family was a great show, that really sucks you into it. You look forward for the next episode. There’s not many shows like that anymore. ABC show get there act together and put it back on the air, and get rid of the crappy shows they have on now.

Cedz June 23, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Neve watching ABC Family again! I haven’t watched the channel in a year or two and this is why! They take away all the good shows, and let the crappy ones keep playing. I only found out about No Ordinary Family on Netflix, and I’m not going to watch ABC till they bring it back or never. And for the tv people’s info…most of the reason many people dropped off watching it on tv was because of the foul commercials, and long waits. They watched it online instead, which has no commercials.

joe May 29, 2012 at 12:51 pm

yet another example of network letting down the viewing public they would rather sponsor trash than quality family entertainment so what ever takes it place i will not watch and will not buy anything from its sponsors and neither will any one I know shame on the network

trish May 14, 2012 at 1:42 pm

:(.. i really liked this show and i m very very disappointed that it got cut.. super super sad..

Robert Berlin March 10, 2012 at 9:19 am

Really like this show. I think the acting in it is very good and though the idea has been done before, this cast pulls it off well. Would be sorry to see it go.

Maureen Sacramona February 14, 2012 at 8:20 am

Sorry to see this series end. It is an excellent family show and not many of these around. So sad.

Laura February 13, 2012 at 7:17 pm

I enjoy the show and the cast is fun. I hate to see it go. Anyway, who doesn’t love a good Greg Berlanti show???!