No Ordinary Family: ABC TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

No Ordinary Family canceled season twoThe Powells may have super powers but they weren’t strong enough to save their TV series. No Ordinary Family has been cancelled after one season on the air.

No Ordinary Family revolves around suburban family who, while on vacation, crash into Amazon River and gain special abilities. The cast includes Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz, Autumn Reeser, Jimmy Bennett, Kay Panabaker, Tate Donovan, Christina Chang, and Romany Malco.

The drama had a decent debut last September with a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 10.69 million total viewers. Unfortunately, the ratings didn’t stay at that level and dropped by 16% in week two and then 15% in week three. The numbers kept declining and went as low as a 1.2 demo rating and just 4.26 million viewers in March.

Should No Ordinary Family have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The network cut the episode order but it was already clear by that point that the show was finished. ABC pre-empted one installment and bumped the penultimate episode to Saturday nights, an evening when few are watching. The first season of No Ordinary Family ended up averaging a 1.8 in the demo and 6.4 million viewers, making it one of the lowest dramas of the ABC season.

TV show supportABC has now officially cancelled No Ordinary Family. All 18 episodes have aired. Hopefully, at some point, the producers will share what they had planned for the future of the series.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that there won’t be a second season for No Ordinary Family? Why do you think the series didn’t catch on?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our ABC cancel/renew page.

Sara July 8, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I really think if the show would have been promoted more than ratings would have went up. My teenage daughter liked it a lot, but how I knew about it before her baffles me and she watches more TV than I do. We really liked the show. Too bad.

Joe June 21, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I cant believe this show was cancelled. My kids and I watched it whenever it was on tv. In fact we made sure to be home to watch it. I really liked this show. My family and I just watched the first season again on netflix, it would be cool if the sci-fi channel would pick up the series like they did for “sliders”. This is a great family show and right when were hooked on it they take it away. Hey ” netflix” why dont you pick up this show at&t uverse is starting to run their own shows on its network as do you with lillihammer. Give it a shot. There are lots of movies and shows that dont pick up popularity until they appear on dvd or netflix then they become big , look at the first shrek movie it didnt become as big a hit until it was released on dvd and video. Im just saying that this is one family show that deserves another season at least on a cable network. Bring back the powells

rhonda June 5, 2012 at 10:44 am

Maybe the reason ratings were low is no advertisement good enough for show, I did not even know about show till this year when I saw on netflix. I will tell you I do not have cable and use netflix , I watch when I can prime time tv but since this junk with reality tv , I hardly turn on my tv. I am not sure who bright idea was to come out with top chef top model top dance american idol all junk shows . You watch tv to escape reality and get a break , why watch it…. Make a one Chanel that runs those junks shows and get it off every station every night garabge . Should bring this one back it was decent and safe for my kids to watch with me, no cussing ,things about sex or sex itself . It was a great show and sorry to writers but your show was good hope it comes back, next time try advertise to those who hardly turn tv on because all the junk on .

Tanya May 9, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I want this show to come back!! Its an amazing show, and addictive…I am dying to know what powers George has, as well as Katie’s baby. I watched the whole season in two days, and now i want to know what happens. I am so disappointed that it got cancelled, if I knew a way to get a hold of abc and persuade them to continue the show, I definately would!!!!

Mike C. April 11, 2012 at 8:17 am

Finally, a good family series and wouldn’t you know it, it gets cancelled. It seems the network would rather have crappy reality shows. This was a great show. Please bring it back

Vinnie March 25, 2012 at 10:45 am

Of course it was cancelled! It is all about dramas and real life BS! Heaven forbid there be a nice family show like this that everyone can enjoy! I have enough drama in my life that I do not need to turn on the tv and watch someone else’s drama. Same for reality shows like the bachelor and bachelorette… Are these people incapable of finding someone on their own? Perhaps they should stay that way of they have to take their personal lives on their for everyone to see. Tv truly sucks!

rhonda June 5, 2012 at 10:39 am

I agree , I am so sick of top model top chef american idol junk, I hate reality tv .. They finally come out with something decent to watch with my kids and they took it off , I did not know this show was even made until I saw on netflix and honestly they should give shows a chance for those of us who do not turn tv on because crap they are putting on prime time . bring it back

Anonymous February 28, 2012 at 12:09 am

This show is excellent. I just finished watching all of season one on Netflix. I found it by accident. I don’t ever even seeing on ad that the show was even airing. I think ith more promo it would have done much better.

Joseph February 19, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Love this show. It is AWESOME. Keep it going.

Mallee February 17, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I just watched this show on Netflix, they definitely need to run another series- I think it was bad timing of day and the other shows that were on! All of the good shows get cancelled :P

Mike February 4, 2012 at 10:15 pm

very sad..it was a good show….there rateings are wrong…..we watch every time its on….

joise February 2, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I AN VERY DISSAPOINTED TO ,WHO DOSE THE RATE , IT MUST NEED FIX . THIS IS CRAZY

Adam January 22, 2012 at 7:45 am

I don’t know how this rating thing works
nor do i care,
What about the people who loves this show, and tune in to watch it
I am very dissapointed, I hope the cast knows that no matter what,
they did a very good job. I hope the network comes to their sences
and bring it back

yeslee January 22, 2012 at 12:18 am

WOW i cant believe that this show was cancled i really lik this show it was a really addictive show why would they cancel it alot of people liked this show and this show was better than american idol its funny how alot of super hero shows get canceled so quickly its ashame. :/

Maggie January 18, 2012 at 1:23 am

This sucks I loved that show

B LJ January 16, 2012 at 11:11 am

I just finished watching this show on netflix. I loved it and love that it can be watched with children. Unfortunately I tend to find shows on netflix after they are cancelled. I find this show much more enjoyable personally than say Lost. I think that ratings also depend on what day and time and what other shows they are competing with. Its just very sad to see good shows cancelled while others that are not as good but have a better time slot stay on.