No Ordinary Family: Stars Tease & Talk About the Finale

No Ordinary Family finaleAs fans already know, the ratings for No Ordinary Family haven’t exactly been super. The freshman series is one of ABC’s worst-performing shows. A couple weeks ago, it was revealed that ABC had cut the first season of No Ordinary Family from 22 to 20 episodes. As a result, the cast and crew ended up filming the last episode of the season (very possibly of the series) last week.

Michael Chiklis tweeted about it and included a message to fans, “Last week of shooting on NOF. Regardless of the outcome for season two I want to thank all of you for your support.” Co-star Autumn Reeser retweeted his sentiments.

Chiklis also took some photos and shared them (below). He noted that it was “nice to shoot by the ocean” and that there was a “super stunt sequence” in the finale.

On Friday, the last day of shooting, Romany Malco tweeted a photo of himself (above right) with the caption, “George St. Cloud – Last Man Standing on set of No Ordination Family! Literally – ”

Co-star Kay Panabaker tweeted, “Last day of shooting today on NOF – mixed emotions.”

Julie Benz tweeted, “Today is the last day of filming on #NOF season 1. Won’t know about a 2nd season until May but I’m keeping my fingers crossed!” Later, she wrote, “And that’s a wrap on #NOF season 1…Words can’t express what I’m feeling right now…I hate goodbyes!!! What an amazing cast and crew! Xxoo”

TV show supportIn an interview with the NY Post, Benz said of the ratings, “I think we created a great show,” she said. “We’re on a very tough night and we’re up against three monsters” [Glee, The Biggest Loser and NCIS].

Benz also indicated that the finale, which is scheduled to air on April 5th, ends with a big cliffhanger. Though a second season for No Ordinary Family looks unlikely, ABC probably won’t reveal their decision about season two until May.

No Ordinary Family finale

No Ordinary Family finale

What do you think? Will this be the series or season finale of No Ordinary Family?

Caroline July 1, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I so loved the show and I seriously hope ABC productions renews this series further. There are many other shows which in my opinion are not as good as this one but which regretfully are still showing todate.

Anonymous August 13, 2013 at 3:53 pm

PLEASE RENEW THE SHOW I LOVED IT. I JUST FINISHED THE LAST EPISODE WHICH WAS AMAZING AND IT IS LITERALLY THE ONLY SHOW I WACHED

sophie October 1, 2012 at 1:15 pm

i think yall should keep the show and make a second season i thought it was great i watch it over and over on netflix it is not fair that the people who liked it cant see it anymore. I was looking forward to see the second season and now i cant cause it was cancelled

Lawlessfan March 1, 2012 at 3:16 pm

This was a show that I looked forward to watching when I first saw the trailers. Unfortunately, my Army duties kept me from watching. Now that I’m out, I was thrilled to see each episode courtesy of Netflix. No Ordinary Family was enjoyable because it seemed “possible”. That is, their story made sense and the villains weren’t always predictable cutouts like in other shows. No Ordinary Family had me riveted and I would love to see Season 2!!! And Lucy Lawless with her beautiful real accent? Please encourage everyone to watch this program and make Season 2 a reality!!!

Anonymous May 16, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I think this show is a keeper. Maybe a different night. There are so many other choices that got renewed that are very dull. Hopefully ABC exec will reconsider their decision.

Melissa April 27, 2011 at 3:40 am

me and my 4 yr old son love this show i work when this show comes on but i always catch up online at abc.com.. and i learned tonight that the show is being cancelled most likely and that is the stupidest thing i’ve heard lately. you have show’s like jersey shore and these stupid comedy shows. that are on that people watch.. Yet I find the one show besides grey’s anatomy that i enjoy watching and they cancel it.. Makes me mad.. seriously..With leaving off season 1 with george being on that plain and katie having a dead baby and then a few seconds later its alive and healthy that would make an AMAZING 2nd season.. And if they opened their eyes and read all the blogs about people wanting it to stay on air.. Everyone could be happy.. .. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THE SHOW!!!

Robert April 26, 2011 at 9:03 am

I cannot figure out ‘WHY’ clean tv series rarely stand a chance at surviving… ‘IF’ there’s not any sexual tension or whatever in the story lines. There are series on right now that in my opinion shoulda been cancelled ages ago… but nope some series still hangin in there. NOF… I can’t even find it on our schedule here in Saskatchewan… I miss it A LOT!!! I’m gonna miss Autumn Reeser especially… SHE’S SOO AWESOME … as well as Julie Benz… she’s HOT-HOT-HOT!!! SURE hope NOF ‘IS’ renewed … otherwise ABC can ‘STICK IT’ u higher up EXEcs w/yur decision making…

Elizabeth April 20, 2011 at 1:59 pm

It’svery sad to know that the program was cancelled – it seemed like something else is pending after that crash – why cancel it, I thought it was a good show. Hope you reconsider !!!

jimmyrogertodd April 15, 2011 at 8:37 am

I hope that NOF is renewed because it is one of the only shows that I currently watch on a regular basis. The final show was an amazing setup for the next season which could propel the series in a fantastic direction. Please, I see show that survive bad ratings and turn into super hits for networks. The drama and acting on this show was top notched. If not returning then it will make me reconsider my love for the network what with them also canceling All my Children and One Life to Live. Boo to you,ABC!!!

Sarelle Eddins April 18, 2011 at 7:45 am

I am praying for no NOF to return many season, it my favorite show

Twana April 13, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I loved “No OrdinaryFamily” The intrigue of who was behind the supers. I am sorry most people did not get the show. Most people didnt get “Eastwyck” either :-(

Sam April 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Too bad this show is so ratings challenged. Bellarisio must be pulling his hair out. First Eli Stone makes it only two years, and now NOF makes it only for one. Long time ago since Quantum Leap was on the air. Maybe the third time (show) is the charm.

Denny April 11, 2011 at 10:18 pm

A fun family show that dosent stand a chance in its timeslot while setting up the bios.
If given a chance to develop it will go on to be a great consistant earner.
Almost seems as if the ole cliche applies that it dosent have enough gore,ranchy sex,etc. To appeal to the network brass to give it time to catch on.Even cheers took a while.