No Ordinary Family: Stars Tease & Talk About the Finale

No Ordinary Family finaleAs fans already know, the ratings for No Ordinary Family haven’t exactly been super. The freshman series is one of ABC’s worst-performing shows. A couple weeks ago, it was revealed that ABC had cut the first season of No Ordinary Family from 22 to 20 episodes. As a result, the cast and crew ended up filming the last episode of the season (very possibly of the series) last week.

Michael Chiklis tweeted about it and included a message to fans, “Last week of shooting on NOF. Regardless of the outcome for season two I want to thank all of you for your support.” Co-star Autumn Reeser retweeted his sentiments.

Chiklis also took some photos and shared them (below). He noted that it was “nice to shoot by the ocean” and that there was a “super stunt sequence” in the finale.

On Friday, the last day of shooting, Romany Malco tweeted a photo of himself (above right) with the caption, “George St. Cloud – Last Man Standing on set of No Ordination Family! Literally – ”

Co-star Kay Panabaker tweeted, “Last day of shooting today on NOF – mixed emotions.”

Julie Benz tweeted, “Today is the last day of filming on #NOF season 1. Won’t know about a 2nd season until May but I’m keeping my fingers crossed!” Later, she wrote, “And that’s a wrap on #NOF season 1…Words can’t express what I’m feeling right now…I hate goodbyes!!! What an amazing cast and crew! Xxoo”

TV show supportIn an interview with the NY Post, Benz said of the ratings, “I think we created a great show,” she said. “We’re on a very tough night and we’re up against three monsters” [Glee, The Biggest Loser and NCIS].

Benz also indicated that the finale, which is scheduled to air on April 5th, ends with a big cliffhanger. Though a second season for No Ordinary Family looks unlikely, ABC probably won’t reveal their decision about season two until May.

No Ordinary Family finale

No Ordinary Family finale

What do you think? Will this be the series or season finale of No Ordinary Family?

King X April 5, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Awww!!! i loved this dramactionomedy(drama+action+comedy) it was awesome! they better a season 2 cuz of they dont im gonna go insane!!! espescially cuz they left it a cliff hanger!!!

Michael April 5, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I MOST definitely think they should do another season cause it is such an exciting show and I look forward to watching it again. :) PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP IT!!

Vanessa April 5, 2011 at 8:37 pm

They can’t cancel this show. I will be so upset. My boyfriend and I DVR it so that we can watch it together every week. The finale was so great that I can’t wait until next season.

Jason April 5, 2011 at 6:29 pm

please dont cancel it at least have one more season! cuz i hate cliffhangers if there the last episode for good just move it to a diffrent nite then u guys mite get a little more viewers cuz there r big shows on tht nite like the biggest loser and ncis and even on other networks there r big shows tht nite like One Tree Hill

simon April 5, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I think that this show will end… not because it is a bad show…quite the contrary it is a diamond in the rough and the critics and ratings people are greedy corporate money grubbers. If they gave half the shows a chance that only made a season they would see that they are great shows. most shows, star trek for example, which had limited runs are now cult classics. now a days if a show’s ratings dip below a few points the cowards at programming pull the show. Instead of good stuff like NOF which has a very engaging story and characters that I love tuning in to watch, they put on reality tv which is more like virtual reality any way. Is this what society amounts to? trying to find out what that beast paris hilton would do on a farm or what that pig snookie would do in nj? I am disgusted by what we call good tv now a days and dismayed by the real potential giants that get benched because tv land is all about squeezing the last buck out of the sappy viewers that volunteer to have a stupid little box attached to their tv sets

Anonymous April 3, 2011 at 7:52 pm

i love no ordinary family ive never missed an episode!!! soooo sad. i will go in a deep depression if they dont have a season 2!!!!!

Gilbert Salazar April 1, 2011 at 10:27 pm

This is one of those shows where my family and couldn’t wait to see. The storyline was amazing, we love this show and we believe it should stay. It’s a great way to have you’re family watching an not so ordinary family. KEEP THE SHOW!!!!!!!!

GOM March 27, 2011 at 8:57 pm

NOF can’t be saved. Julie Benz and Michael Chikilis have both signed on for new shows on different networks.

The show might have worked if it had been better written and things moved at a faster pace. I lost interest after the first three shows.

Nomad March 22, 2011 at 8:59 pm

This show didn’t have much of a focus. Most episodes were dull. Plus, we’ve seen this all before. Ordinary people mysteriously acquiring super powers and becoming heroes was done much better on NBC’s “Heroes.” But even that show lost focus after season one with the addition of too many heroes and not enough story. Here that’s not exactly the problem. The writers/producers of this show seem to lack energy or creativity. The young stars on this show are nearly wasted characters. I’ve got nothing against middle-aged super heroes, but the teenage boy’s super intelligence is rarely used for anything important and his sister’s mind reading ability is practically useless. Lately, she has acquired the power to make people do what she wants. There are so many exciting options for a power as uncommon as that, but the writers/producers decided to keep her and her powers irrelevant. The one positive thing about this show, I think, is the acting. All the actors and actresses are doing their best, but it’s probably not good enough to save the series.
With no focus and no excitement/unpredictability where else could this show go but down.

sevie March 21, 2011 at 12:09 pm

yes lets form a save NOF website. this show is one to be saved.
If you dont want to see NCIS Texas or Law and Order Uganda then lets save NOF

JAMES March 24, 2011 at 8:55 am

I Am So Depressed, Angry, Pissed Off, And Sick/Tired Of Every Single Show That I Deeply And Emotionally Get Involved In Regardless Of Network That To Take Out My Anger I’m Writing This Comment To Sincerely Display My Utter Disappointment. First SYFY Cancels Caprica, Then The Cape Gets Cancelled, And Now I And My Mom’s Most Favorite Show No Ordinary Family Is Getting Episodes Cut/Cancelled, I Don’t Know If I Can Take This Heartbreak/Sheer And Utter Disappointment Anymore. I Could Not Agree W/ My Fellow Fan Sevie Of No Ordinary Family Anymore In That Us Fans Who Love This Show And It’s Storyline/Characters That We Definitely Need To Start A No Ordinary Family Support Website So We All Who Don’t Want To See This Masterpiece Go Away And Disappear Forever That A Petition Be Started So We Can Scream From The Rooftops Of ABC’S Executive Offices And Studio Lot To Say “HELL NO WE WON’T GO”!!!!!!

Emirto Mendoza March 19, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Why not try “Save NOF”? as there was Save Chuck Iniciative…. and it is on the 4th season…..

NOF March 19, 2011 at 4:26 am

I hope they keep this. There are very few good shows on since 24 and Lost went away. This was a good twist on the Super Hero idea. My wife and I watch this weekly.

Sad Mama March 15, 2011 at 7:42 pm

We love this show! It’s a creative superhero show without all the sex and permiscuous content. I think the reason it isn’t watched was because of when it’s aired. If you want to get a lot of viewers don’t air this at the same time as three of the most popular shows on T.V. People look for a NEW show when they aren’t watching one they are already addicted to. That’s a better way to find out if people are really going to watch it. If it’s not good they’ll change the channel, but you can’t tell if it’s good when no one turns it on because they already have things they are watching.
PLEASE KEEP IT!!

Krayhayft March 14, 2011 at 4:15 pm

You know, maybe if they actually have stuff happen in the show then they would get more viewers. This show has the same problem as Heroes did, nothing ever happens.

Kelsie March 10, 2011 at 9:38 am

I truly love this show. I look forward to watching it on Hulu every week. I never got into shows like Smallville, Kyle Xy, or Heroes. But this show was different. I really love the characters, they all fit so perfectly. The script is very well written and always leaves me wanting more. I am upset this will most likely be the last episode. ALL of these good shows on TV are ending such as My Generation; which was really amazing but got shitty ratings.

thomas k j daniel March 12, 2011 at 12:31 pm

i thought it was a good show but i guess not good enough

Carol April 1, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Why do all of the really GOOD TV shows get poor ratings. I am not a fan of SUrvior, the biggest loser, etc. I only like Americal Idol and Dancing with the stars and America’s Got Talent. Everything else is garbage.

I Just don’t get it. Can somebody tell me why this happens./

Thanks