Numb3rs: Will the CBS Show Be Cancelled? ABC and FOX Think So!

Numb3rsTonight, Numb3rs finishes off its sixth season with episode 118, “Cause and Effect.” Will the show be back next season? A decision hasn’t been made yet but lots of people are betting that it will be cancelled.

Numb3rs follows FBI Agent Don Eppes (Rob Morrow) and his genius brother, Charlie (David Krumholtz), who helps the authorities solve cases with mathematics. The cast also features Judd Hirsch (as their father), Alimi Ballard, Dylan Bruno, Navi Rawat, Aya Sumika, and Peter MacNicol.

The series debuted in January 2005 and has long been a successful player for CBS on Friday nights. In season one, Numb3rs averaged a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and about 11.1 million viewers. They went up in season two, with an average of a 3.3 rating and 11.7 million viewers. Viewership has fallen since then however and last season, Numb3rs scored a 2.2 and 10.2 million.

This season, Numb3rs’ ratings have dropped further still — averaging a 1.8 rating and 8.26 million viewers each week. As a result of the decline in ratings, CBS (which is having a very good season) decided to cut back on the number of episodes and reduced their season order from 22 to 16 installments.

Would you watch season seven of Numb3rs?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The official reason for the decrease is that CBS had too much programming and needed space to try out new series. Next week, Numb3rs’ timeslot will be occupied by a new show, Miami Medical.

CBS has maintained that the fate of Numb3rs hasn’t been decided yet but, considering the series’ production costs and ratings, it seems fairly certain that the show is done.

In fact, ABC and FOX are betting on it. The networks have already cast Morrow and Krumholtz in new pilots.

Morrow will star in a dramatic pilot called The Whole Truth for ABC, opposite Joely Richardson. He’ll play a fiercely competitive and successful defense attorney who is close friends with his equally talented courtroom adversary (Richardson). Whole Truth is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.

Meanwhile, Krumholtz has been cast in a comedy pilot for FOX called Tax Man. The project’s being produced by Ron Howard and stars Krumholtz as an IRS Agent who’s trying to find nobility in his work. Judy Greer recently joined the cast.

TV show supportIf CBS does decide to bring Numb3rs back for another season, both Morrow and Krumholtz will be obligated to return. However, the other networks wouldn’t cast them in new pilots unless they felt it was a very strong possibility that Numb3rs would indeed be cancelled.

What do you think? Would you like to see Numb3rs return for a seventh season or is it time to say goodbye to the Eppes?

jyqlulbkb May 6, 2013 at 12:59 pm

live ? for ? If ? best ? the

Julia S May 5, 2013 at 2:54 am

You know what. I just started watching this show on netflix. I would watch 3 series a night. I agree with all of you they always put something other shit on there. You start getting used to a show, and can’t wait to see the next episode and they kill someone off, or somthing stupid like that, and end the series. You know what these guys are greedy. What 8.2 million is not enough for them. Please there are people hungry out there, why don’t they give some of the money to them. Greedy bastards that’s what I say. Only care about money. For once why don’t you guys care about the people that still love the show, the actors who play the parts, Charlie is amazing how he shows his mathematical skills. Everything he showed made sense. This was a sensible show, no alarming graphics, sexual scenes, etc. YOU guys canned a good show. YOU will see the other shows people who are not happy that this show got cancelled, YOU will have less viewings and huh hope you lose more money! BAD MOVE!!!!

paul April 22, 2013 at 4:17 am

They should never have ended this show as useal they always take all the good shows and end them. And put some thing stupid in it’s place so they need to get off the pot and put it back on.

Julia S May 5, 2013 at 2:58 am

I agree always taking good shows …and put something stupid that makes no sense, no meaning and just boring!

josie April 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm

BRING IT BACK! I can’t say it strongly enough. Great show-different from all the others, Great cast-good chemistry between all the players, Great story lines-not your run of the mill cop show. BRING IT BACK!!!

lealou March 5, 2013 at 3:15 pm

This is awful I love numbers

steve February 3, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Numbers…. I just saw its off air. That’s sad, they always can great shows… what are the odds of that? Charlie would tell us.
-Steve

Crystal December 30, 2012 at 1:49 am

I have watched all of the episodes of Numb3ers and loved them. It is a really good show and i think they should have a season 7.

karen bird November 26, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Yes please bring it back please please. It was such a joy to watch.

beatrice November 17, 2012 at 8:08 pm

i’m a little late with a comment. i just find it amazing that a show like numbers is cancelled and yet the network keeps putting on dumb shows. when it’s not broke, dont freaking fix it.

Mrs.J.Houseman September 13, 2012 at 2:11 pm

My husband and I watch Numb3rs faithfully. The story lines are very good, the acting is, for the main cast, excellent and the dynamics of the Ebbs family is nostalgic and just what we need.

I truly hope this show continues. It is one of the few worth watching.

Laura Schroeder September 2, 2012 at 11:11 am

I would like to see the show come back. I really enjoyed it. I loved all the cast members on there.

Jorge August 8, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I love the show numbers. I hope cbs doesn’t cancel it. I watched every episode. I wished they had old episodes online so I can watch it on cbs.com

Anonymous December 9, 2012 at 5:44 am

I don’t always watch old tv series, but when I do it’s on Netflix. Stay thirsty (for quality tv) my friends.

T. J. July 15, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I am a real dedicated watcher of the show. I love each of the characters and they all fit together so well. The Eppes Brothers and how they work finding the answers to everyday life a struggle, but together they find the answer. It is all about family, friends and the way you come together to survive the challenges and events to make everyday life worth striving for. It is why I watch it. Charlie with all his intellect helps me believe there is more to what we can see. Don with his abilitiy to trust his team and hold tight to family ( seems in real life to be impossible) keeps you fighting to over come the impossible. I can not explian how much this show helps in my life, Your ending one part of the show where another should begin. for example: You start as a baby that part of life only to end that infant stage to toddler ending the stage the preteen yrs. to teen to young adult to adult to elderly. In each of these phases you grow and change different life events, chioces and challenges. On the show life for everyone is changing you can’t just end it. Please don’t

Thomas Bogar July 2, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I would like to see them come back. It was a good show to see and it was a different from others. You have good members on the cast. Its not like other shows.

summer May 7, 2012 at 4:10 pm

P.s. we knew you changed the house and that ms. Reeves was pregnant, but we still loved the show. You can come up with a restart for the season from6->7 easily. Many different shows have. The d.o.j. thing worked for the pregnancy, the space trip worked for the c.s.I. times so why can’t we loyal fans get another go at our show? If we weren’t watching it we were recording it for later playback. Please pretty please with cocoa on top?