NY Med

Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: July 10, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Has not ended

Performers include: (none)

TV show description:
This docu-series follows the doctors, nurses, patients, and their friends/family members at three New York hospitals.

What do grandmothers, addicts and celebrities have in common? All of them seek care at Columbia and Weill Cornell Medical Centers the crown jewels of the prestigious New York-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City. For a full year ABC cameras had unprecedented access to document the mayhem and the miracles that occur daily in these world class facilities. Adding a Brooklyn dimension, Lutheran Medical Center also participated.

The TV series provides a raw and intimate look at life inside these hospitals where doctors spend far more time with each other than with their families, developing complicated and intertwined personal relationships.

Series Finale:
Episode TBD
This series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the NY Med TV series? Would you like to see it return for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

122 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Michaelle says

Loved the 1st three episodes of the series. I can’t wait to see the next one. The show is well done, experiencing the trama, joy & saddness by families & doctors surrounded by the medical setting and medical complications of the patients. This is real life, with real people doing their jobs, with great experience & care.I know, because I enjoy this show so much, it will not last. It seems like as long as there are producers, directors, and idiots who watch shows like the “Kordashians” , “Wipe out” or “Big Brother”, a good series will not survive.

2. Deb says

I love this show! Granted, the camera’s follow the best looking Doctors and nurses
    around, but the show IS reality and is very well done! I haven’t seen as good a reality
    medical show in a long time. Dr. Oz is just impossible to dislike. His staff and patients
    seem to love him. PLEASE bring this show back!

3. NY says

I was glad to see that female doctor leave to go to Tenn. She was so in love with herself, it was nauseating.
    Other than wanting to turn the channel everytime the camera was following her fixing her hair, I liked the show a lot.
    The one “creepy” thing was they showed CPR being done on two people and they were so quick to call time of death. You always hear stories of CPR being done for like 20 minutes and the person ends up surviving. These doctors tried for a minute and then just gave up. What was even worse was when the conceited female doctor crassly told the other doctor (I guess he was a resident) that he can continue “practicing” compressions if he wants, but she’s called time [of death]. I just couldn’t believe how cold and unfeeling they are. Granted, that’s their job and death is par for the course, but alive or dead, they should have some respect for their patient.

• Lynne says

I saw that, too, but I decided that there really was no telling how long they actually did CPR on those people, so they probably had worked on them for 45 minutes or an hour; we just didnt see that. I hope so!

4. Barbara says

Absolutely love this show! It’s been a long dry spell for us medical junkies. Realistic, compassionate and educational

5. Bernard H. Merems says

Excellent, moving program showing the human side of medicine and patients. Without question, it should be renewed.

6. Sharon says

With so many doctors in our family, it’s nice to see what their lives are like at work. Well done, compassionate, hope it is here to stay!!!

7. Danielle Maldonado says

I am a surgical assistant for a Plastic Surgeon in NJ and absolutely love this show……

8. Maary Fran Ehlinger says

Show is well done I’d like to know how Nurse Kevin Harvey fairs since he experienced the medical accident with the HIV paatient. Is he okay or is it too soon to tell? I’ve been praying for his health. Thanks for this program. Mary Fran Ehlinger