NYC 22: Cancelled; No Season Two on CBS

no season 2 NYC 22 canceledThe rookies of NYC 22 won’t be honing their police skills on CBS much longer. The network has cancelled the cop series before the entire season has finished airing.

NYC 22 follows a half dozen police men and women as they learn the ropes in the Big Apple. The ensemble cast includes Adam Goldberg, Leelee Sobieski, Stark Sands, Judy Marte, Harold House Moore, Felix Solis, Tom Reed, and Terry Kinney.

Debuting on April 15th, in (now-cancelled) CSI: Miami’s former timeslot, NYC 22 attracted a disappointing 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.86 million viewers. The second episode dropped 7% and the third fell 14% more. Last Sunday night’s episode maintained a 1.2 in the demo and 6.87 million.

It was clear from the start that this new show was doomed to be cancelled.

The series currently averages a 1.3 rating in the all-important demo with 7.67 million viewers. On our CBS Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative demo performance of TV shows on the network, NYC 22 has an “F” grade. It’s the lowest-rated scripted show currently on the network.

The Tiffany network ordered 13 installments of NYC 22 and, for the foreseeable future, they’ll continue to air on Sunday nights.

What do you think? Are you going to miss NYC 22? Do you think it should have been renewed for season two?

Maria April 7, 2014 at 2:28 am

A cop show without too much violence, human interest stories, good character development and the unique perspective of cops who walk a beat. Something new.
And they cancelled it. Very disappointing Loved the acting and directing too.
Please reconsider

Paula April 2, 2014 at 4:46 am

I really like the show and I’m a cop that doesn’t like cop shows. Just saw it for the first time on next Felix. They should have given it a chance.

bb March 28, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Really enjoyed the show, humor, drama and action. They ALWAYS cancel the good ones.
I don’t understand how 7.76 million viewers is not enough.
BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Rico March 25, 2014 at 1:25 am

NYC22 was a great series, glad its on netflix, it seems like the viewers didn’t wait for it to get good, great show

Nydia March 23, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I just watched it in Netflix and I love It… I not understand the cancellation of the show because it’s really good; I really enjoyed… I want more…!!!
One of the thing that I love it, it’s because not have the violent content that others TV shows and movies have in this days. I hope the do more but not change the essence of the show. Not all people like graphic violence.

Theresa March 3, 2014 at 11:53 pm

I really enjoyed watching NYC 22. I would Love to see more!! Bring It Back!!

E25 February 24, 2014 at 12:58 am

Good show sucks it’s cancel

Cody February 18, 2014 at 3:00 am

I just got done watching the whole season 1 and I loved it I was hoping there was a season two on Netflix but there wasn’t :( I wish they would bring it back I never heard of it till Netflix maybe if it were on a channel watched a lot it would have been more known and liked.

Janine February 13, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Bring it back, I loved it… Excellent show!!!