NYC 22: Cancelled; No Season Two on CBS

no season 2 NYC 22 canceledThe rookies of NYC 22 won’t be honing their police skills on CBS much longer. The network has cancelled the cop series before the entire season has finished airing.

NYC 22 follows a half dozen police men and women as they learn the ropes in the Big Apple. The ensemble cast includes Adam Goldberg, Leelee Sobieski, Stark Sands, Judy Marte, Harold House Moore, Felix Solis, Tom Reed, and Terry Kinney.

Debuting on April 15th, in (now-cancelled) CSI: Miami’s former timeslot, NYC 22 attracted a disappointing 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.86 million viewers. The second episode dropped 7% and the third fell 14% more. Last Sunday night’s episode maintained a 1.2 in the demo and 6.87 million.

It was clear from the start that this new show was doomed to be cancelled.

The series currently averages a 1.3 rating in the all-important demo with 7.67 million viewers. On our CBS Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative demo performance of TV shows on the network, NYC 22 has an “F” grade. It’s the lowest-rated scripted show currently on the network.

The Tiffany network ordered 13 installments of NYC 22 and, for the foreseeable future, they’ll continue to air on Sunday nights.

What do you think? Are you going to miss NYC 22? Do you think it should have been renewed for season two?

Canceled and renewed TV show

334 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ben says

There were over six million people who liked the show. If they didn’t they would not have continued watching. Can I ask the network how greedy do you have to be before you axe a show with moral content?

2. linda says

Just started in Australia at midnight. Glad I have a recorder so I can record it. I will be watching all that there is. Shame they cancelled the show. Seems like there are plenty of thumbs up for this show.

3. Connor says

I really enjoyed watching the show on Netflix. I really think they should have continued this show or continue it again. It is not an overall terrible show. It’s really an awesome thing to watch.

4. Daniel says

I just watched season 1 on Netflix and thought nyc 22 was a really good show about police and everyday life I think who ever is picking what sould happen to the show sould let it coeme on for a season 2 all the good shows on tv are be kick for some stupid stuff. Put NYC 22 on for a season 2

• gg says

I agree, i would watch another season of NYC 22. I thought it was interesting and entertaining . It is a good vehicle to tell many different stories. I like it.

5. Anoymous says

I really enjoyed watching this show on Netflix but am disappointed that they canceled the show before the first season ended! I would really like to see the end of the first season if not a second season as well!

6. Brandon joy says

I like this show and wished they had finished the season at least it was a great show. I dont see it taking off as a tv series but as a netflix series it would boom. It showed a lot of insight as a nypd police officer and used actual scenarios and correct codes which was interesting. None of the less a great show.

7. Manny Anderson says

I really wish this show could get a second chance, or even let them just finish the forst season. I always looked forward to seeing NYC22 but now there is nothing that can compare to how NYC22 was.

8. gene says

i like the show. i like the characters. i like the different things they get in to.
    i wonder why it is being cancelled. i recall the first star trek, was years later appreciated.

i like to watch it one episode after another on netflix. i never have been able to watch a weekly series.

9. Jason Reyes says

So I been a fan of cop shows since the early 80’s & 90’s, 21 Jump Street, Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blues, NY Undercover, Law & Order just to name a few. We had something fresh and new on the air and just when things start getting good the Broadcast is cut from programing. Season 1 rock solid cast great screen scripting and now no season 2, major disappointment! I especially like the way Judy Marte plays out her role. She reminds me of a real latina cop from Washington Heights. Been a fan of hers since Raising Victor Vargas “Great Movie”. Hoping another broadcasting station picks up season 2 and every other season their after. All in all fantastic show!