NYC 22: Cancelled; No Season Two on CBS

no season 2 NYC 22 canceledThe rookies of NYC 22 won’t be honing their police skills on CBS much longer. The network has cancelled the cop series before the entire season has finished airing.

NYC 22 follows a half dozen police men and women as they learn the ropes in the Big Apple. The ensemble cast includes Adam Goldberg, Leelee Sobieski, Stark Sands, Judy Marte, Harold House Moore, Felix Solis, Tom Reed, and Terry Kinney.

Debuting on April 15th, in (now-cancelled) CSI: Miami’s former timeslot, NYC 22 attracted a disappointing 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.86 million viewers. The second episode dropped 7% and the third fell 14% more. Last Sunday night’s episode maintained a 1.2 in the demo and 6.87 million.

It was clear from the start that this new show was doomed to be cancelled.

The series currently averages a 1.3 rating in the all-important demo with 7.67 million viewers. On our CBS Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative demo performance of TV shows on the network, NYC 22 has an “F” grade. It’s the lowest-rated scripted show currently on the network.

The Tiffany network ordered 13 installments of NYC 22 and, for the foreseeable future, they’ll continue to air on Sunday nights.

What do you think? Are you going to miss NYC 22? Do you think it should have been renewed for season two?

Alison September 2, 2012 at 2:25 pm

This was one of the rare bright spots on network TV. What a disappointment to learn it has been cancelled.

VLG1 September 2, 2012 at 9:54 am

NYC 22 has become one of my favorite television shows and I’m extremely disappointed that it has been cancelled! This show gives a very captivating presentation of how rookies try to adjust to the very mean streets of New York City but adds a little humor. Each episode seem to get better. In fact, I believe in time this show could of been number one if it was given a fair chance. I think that you should reconsider the decision of cancelling this great show–I also think you have made a BIG mistake! Oh and BIG UPS to Jay Z !!!!

VLG 1

Kevin A. September 2, 2012 at 9:32 am

I was highly upset to hear that one of my favorite shows was cancelled. I failed to understand why the rating was so low, if so many people enjoyed the show. I hope that cbs does find some way to renew the show.

JP September 1, 2012 at 7:17 pm

They should renew it. It was a good show.

Michelle September 1, 2012 at 4:32 pm

The show was reasonably well scripted and getting better week by week. Relationships and character development were deepening…guess it was just too real to compete with a “reality” show. Too bad.

bob September 1, 2012 at 9:12 am

seriously??? damn, im a jinx for shows, seems like everyone i love gets cancelled. i thought it was one of the best shows around!! loved seeing into the nyc pd…terrible loss.

Aimee August 30, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Weeded through network programming and found this gorgeous posy! Taped it whether I was watching it live or not so that I could watch it at least one more time. Astounding cast, characters, stories and dialogue – this show had it all. So, this high quality program, amidst all the trash that makes up network tv, is the one that gets cancelled, while the uncountable “reality” shows thrive and continue to lower the collective IQ and expectations of our nation. Get it together, CBS!

Navigator August 30, 2012 at 11:19 am

Just like everything else; you find something good finally on television to watch and the networks cancel it just to put on another stupid reality show. I am soooo sick of reality television and here is a good cop show and they kill it without even giving it a chance.

Sara August 30, 2012 at 10:49 am

LOVE this show!! I am very dissapointed that it is cancelled!!! I agree with some of the other comments regarding keeping the mindless, stupid reality show garbage!! I agree with Todd, CBS blew it on this one big time!! I recorded all the episodes!!

Maria August 27, 2012 at 6:39 am

Why do great shows get cancelled?!? Crappy reality shows get renewed every season. Something is really wrong somewhere.

j baker August 26, 2012 at 9:59 am

I enjoyed the show and am disappointed it will not return.

Wes August 23, 2012 at 7:33 pm

was a great show and dont know where every good show people like the company always cancel the new season or the middle of a season, you should give it a chance as it is a new show.

john green August 22, 2012 at 2:26 pm

CBS should take a good look at this and give it a chance. I thought it was a great show, looked foward to it every week. It is like every thing else in this world, get something good & discontinue it!

Todd August 22, 2012 at 7:42 am

CBS blew it on this one. One of the highest-quality shows in their lineup, reminiscent of “Hill Street Blues,” and they killed it without giving it time to build a following.

Chad August 21, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I’ve been all on the internet on demand and everywhere else tryin to see this show n jus like that it’s over with