NYC 22: Cancelled; No Season Two on CBS

no season 2 NYC 22 canceledThe rookies of NYC 22 won’t be honing their police skills on CBS much longer. The network has cancelled the cop series before the entire season has finished airing.

NYC 22 follows a half dozen police men and women as they learn the ropes in the Big Apple. The ensemble cast includes Adam Goldberg, Leelee Sobieski, Stark Sands, Judy Marte, Harold House Moore, Felix Solis, Tom Reed, and Terry Kinney.

Debuting on April 15th, in (now-cancelled) CSI: Miami’s former timeslot, NYC 22 attracted a disappointing 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.86 million viewers. The second episode dropped 7% and the third fell 14% more. Last Sunday night’s episode maintained a 1.2 in the demo and 6.87 million.

It was clear from the start that this new show was doomed to be cancelled.

The series currently averages a 1.3 rating in the all-important demo with 7.67 million viewers. On our CBS Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative demo performance of TV shows on the network, NYC 22 has an “F” grade. It’s the lowest-rated scripted show currently on the network.

The Tiffany network ordered 13 installments of NYC 22 and, for the foreseeable future, they’ll continue to air on Sunday nights.

What do you think? Are you going to miss NYC 22? Do you think it should have been renewed for season two?

Canceled and renewed TV show

334 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Sandra. Cruz says

Please pretty please bring it NYC22 BACK I REALLY ENJOYED THIS SHOW I WAS TOTALLY HOOKED ON IT. I SAY BRING IT BACK ASAP. THANK YOU.

2. Terry Jostes says

I really enjoy the show and have three episodes left. It is awful that it has been cancelled. If I would have known that they cancelled, than I would of watch 1 espisode a day. Please bring the show back..

3. Prescott Harvard says

Just like netwk tv good programs they won’t promote liked cable does their shows ( exap bate motel ). Then they wonder why no one watches them. They leave it up to us to discover these jewel after there canceled like on Netflix. No wonder commercial tv is tanking. Bring on streaming no commercials and it’s cheap.

4. Hannah says

Pleaseee bring this show back! I’m sooo sad its discontinued! NYC 22 is much better than all the other crap on tv or Netflix… it was so entertaining and hilarious at the same time so real about violence in this world. BRING IT BACK!!!

5. Melanie says

Just found this show on Netflix and watched it all in like a day and a half! So upset its not coming back!!

6. says

just when i find a show i like it ends, same thing happened with Law & Order LA. NYC 22 reminded me of Hill St. Blues in that it focused on rhythms and relations of people caught in the awfull job environment.

7. Kathy Gavri says

NYC 22, reminds me of Grey’s Anatomy except police officers instead of doctors. Music great – characters believable – I am disappointed – never knew about it!

8. Kathy Gavri says

I think NYC 22 is terrific. Reminds me of Grey’s Anatomy except police officers instead of doctors. Music great – characters believable – I am disappointed – never knew about it!

9. John. says

I just found nyc 22 on netflix and watched the whole season in two days. Im really disappointed that there won’t be a second season

10. Ewgnyc says

There wasnt alot of action, especially for these action hungry new generation of kids… but that being said.. this show was definitaly drama, and kept you on your toes! It deserves a second season all the way.

11. Scott says

I can’t believe that the only network show that I watch has been cancled. Who has the power to bring it back ?