NYC 22: Cancelled; No Season Two on CBS

no season 2 NYC 22 canceledThe rookies of NYC 22 won’t be honing their police skills on CBS much longer. The network has cancelled the cop series before the entire season has finished airing.

NYC 22 follows a half dozen police men and women as they learn the ropes in the Big Apple. The ensemble cast includes Adam Goldberg, Leelee Sobieski, Stark Sands, Judy Marte, Harold House Moore, Felix Solis, Tom Reed, and Terry Kinney.

Debuting on April 15th, in (now-cancelled) CSI: Miami’s former timeslot, NYC 22 attracted a disappointing 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.86 million viewers. The second episode dropped 7% and the third fell 14% more. Last Sunday night’s episode maintained a 1.2 in the demo and 6.87 million.

It was clear from the start that this new show was doomed to be cancelled.

The series currently averages a 1.3 rating in the all-important demo with 7.67 million viewers. On our CBS Ratings Report Card, which measures the relative demo performance of TV shows on the network, NYC 22 has an “F” grade. It’s the lowest-rated scripted show currently on the network.

The Tiffany network ordered 13 installments of NYC 22 and, for the foreseeable future, they’ll continue to air on Sunday nights.

What do you think? Are you going to miss NYC 22? Do you think it should have been renewed for season two?

Brendan February 13, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Brilliant

jacob February 10, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Awsome show me & my daughter wath it we love it..

Raul February 10, 2014 at 7:44 pm

I found this serie on Netflix and I must confess that “I love it”….. I hope they release a second season

michael January 30, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Just found this show on netflix. Love this show!

sean January 28, 2014 at 7:36 pm

me to i found the show on netflix and no season 2 i hope they bring it back im from ny longisland .

Alfe January 13, 2014 at 9:39 pm

They made a mistake by canceling NYC 22. Like the other viewers I found it on Netflix. I am a Navy sailor going to be a cop for the NYPD soon and NYC 22 was fun, interesting and real. The actors did really well.

H.N. January 13, 2014 at 8:48 pm

ONE OF THE BEST COP SHOWS I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Seriously, this show is awesome. It’s like Rookie Blue, but infinitely better. I know, there weren’t many developing plot lines in the foreseeable future, but the way that this show was portrayed, acted, and scripted just wonderfully. There weren’t any of the cheesy moments of some other cop shows; this was just a really great show. It seems more like a Netflix show than a network show, I have to say, though. I know I tried one episode, and was kinda neutral. But, since it was on Netflix, I said, “What the heck, let’s see what the next one’s like,” and I was hooked. If someone could bring back this show, I would be over the moon. However, that seems unlikely, so I’m just left pondering what NYC22 could have been…

krystel January 2, 2014 at 6:09 am

Great show just found it on netflix a bit unhappy that theirs no more seasons sell it toaanother network im sure will take it I wish there were more cop shows like this one and law and order SVU

Raymond Rosario December 30, 2013 at 11:32 pm

I found the tv show on Netflix its a great show I was hooked one sleepless night watch every episode in 2 days. I am upset that there isnt a season two. Season two is a must atleast as a Netflix show only.

Betty November 7, 2013 at 2:05 pm

My husband and I loved this show . Can’t tell you how disappointed we are that it is not to return for a second season.
Betty

Katie September 13, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Just found this show on Netflix… disappointed there will be no season 2

Anonymous December 29, 2013 at 12:03 am

ikr i only got to watch 13 episodes they should renew disappointed

Elizabeth August 14, 2013 at 7:53 pm

An amazing show that i didn’t know about until it was on Netflix due to not having cable TV. Really disappointed that it has been cancelled. Script was amazing, actors did an incredible job. I just don’t think it was given the proper chance to do well. Here’s to hoping they bring this show back.

Chris August 12, 2013 at 1:00 am

I think NYC 22 was best ever it take about NYPD in Harlem New York .best ever
Good acted , Good action good facts

Brian August 9, 2013 at 2:14 am

I’am going to miss this great show. It should have been renewed for season two.

Artur August 2, 2013 at 2:02 pm