NYC 22: Cancelled CBS Series Returning

NYC 22 on CBS canceledTo no surprise, CBS cancelled their low-rated NYC 22 series a couple months ago. Airing on Sunday nights, the new cop show averaged just a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.67 million total viewers. The network pulled the series in May after four episodes.

Though CBS hasn’t “un-cancelled” the show (as they did with Unforgettable), they are bringing NYC 22 back to the schedule. They’re burning off the remaining episodes on Saturday nights this summer.

The network is kicking off the show’s return with a pair of installments this Saturday, July 7th, at 8pm and will run another set on July 14th. Then on July 21st, they’ll run just one installment, coupled with a Hawaii Five-0 rerun. The Eye network may keep burning off the remaining NYC 22 episodes after that but haven’t announced their Saturday schedule that far in advance yet.

CBS ordered 13 episodes of NYC 22. They aired four of them in April and May and currently have five scheduled for the next three Saturdays. Hopefully they’ll keep airing the series so that the last four will also see the light of day.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that NYC 22 is coming back? Will you be watching on Saturday nights?

Canceled and renewed TV show

108 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tom2378 says

This is a very solid, well-written, consistently well-acted show. I have watched every episode and I am sad it is not going to continue with more new episodes. How can CBS create such an excellent series and not invest more time and effort into making their efforts a success. Time slots are every thing in this business — Replace one of their nothing to say programs with NYC 22. It has a lot of good things to show and tell it’s viewers.

2. Jim says

It still shocks me that this show was not given more of a chance. Shame on CBS. Hopefully a secondary network will pick it up.

3. Carol says

This is a fine series, with interesting, diverse characters, good story lines, and good actors. Another example of a network airing a show without giving it much publicity, then cancelling it in short order before it has time to build an audience. It deserves to be kept on the air.

4. says

Please,please, please do not cancel this series.I think it’s great. If anything cancel one of those inane reality shows. This shoe has great charcters,story lines.

5. Gary says

I wasn’t too impressed with the first episode, but wanted to give the show a try. Three episodes later I found myself looking forward to seeing it each week. I know there’s nothing the public can do to stop NYC 22 from remaining cancelled, but I do want to say I think they made a mistake. It’s a very good program that is often realistic in its story-telling. I’ll miss it a lot.

6. Jane says

I found the series this summer on Sat pm so I knew it must be on it’s way out. I really have enjoyed it. Great cast- much better writing than the CSI series. Would love for it to stay on.

7. Paola says

I LOVE this show.. as others have said – complex characters, likeable characters and a GREAT casting job. Diversity, levity and that human need to be accepted – those are the tenets of this show.. so no wonder CBS cancelled it! What a damn shame! CBS ought to give it a PRIME TIME setting and THEN see what its ratings would do.

8. Kate says

It is ashame this show is gone, great complex characters with wonderful actors telling interesting tales through the words of accomplished screenwriters….what was CBS thinking?!

9. ron says

NYC 22 was an excellant show in all respects. That it is cancelled for being in an impossible time slot with minimal promotion suggests something else is is wrong with
    programming. Very sorry to see it go.

10. Dennis says

I just seen this show for the first time. Somebody is not doing their job. That sucks when. Good shows are not promoted well if not at all. Amazing what shows we missed out on. The suites do not know what’s going on.