October Road: ABC Changes Plans for Drama

Bryan Greenberg of October RoadAs previously reported, ABC had planned on running just four of its six episodes of October Road. Though the series shows evidence of losing steam, ABC has changed their plans.

October Road debuted on March 15th to 13.93 million viewers. The second episode dropped 16% and the third dropped to less than 8.3 million. Despite this decline, the series has been attracting a healthy percentage of the desirable 18-49 demographic.

ABC had planned to air only four of the six episodes of October Road this season. If the series was renewed then the remaining two episodes would air as part of season two. ABC has now decided to air the remaining two episodes this season.

October Road will take a one week break while a double dose of sitcom Notes from the Underbelly debuts on April 12th. Underbelly will then move to Wednesday nights beginning April 18th. The two episodes of October Road will air on April 19th and 26th. No word on what will occupy the timeslot after that.

A final decision on an October Road second season will likely be announced in mid-May at the network upfronts. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

adriana March 12, 2008 at 8:06 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. everyone can relate to it .Please don’t cancel it.

Trish March 12, 2008 at 12:24 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!! My friends and I LOVE it! This show is going to be huge, i just know it!

Julie March 11, 2008 at 8:31 pm

I love this show. I felt like it shows my life. Please don’t cancel it

lilly way March 11, 2008 at 6:59 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. I just love it and know woman I work with that also love it. I watch a lot of shows and have to say its one if not my favorite show!!!!! Please don’t cancel it!! I beg you!!

alice macdougall March 11, 2008 at 7:43 am

Why even bother watching your shows when all you do is get us hooked and then cancel it, So I will not be watching Underbelly What for??? So it can get cancelled

Susan March 11, 2008 at 1:02 am

PLEASE keep this show going. It is one of the best on TV and it would be a shame to let it go. The relationships on this show and the writing is fantastic. I hate it when quality shows don’t make it, and all of the stupid junk and reality shows just keep showing up. Decisions to cancel good shows like this is the reason that we seem to be watching more of the satellite channels rather than main stream TV. You can’t count on consistency with a network…only disappointments. Please keep this going, or at least make it end with descent closure for the dedicated viewers!!!

Kim March 10, 2008 at 11:20 pm

OMG…YOU CANNOT CANCEL THIS SHOW…WILL EDDIE AND JANEY GET TOGETHER? WILL MR. GARRETT KICK HIS CANCER/ WILL ALL THE GUYS GET TGETHER A KICK THE SHIT OUT OF THE BIG KATT WHEN THEY FIND OUT HE WAS BEHIND EDDIES STOMPING? WILL HANNAH DUMP HIM?….WILL ANYONE EVER FIND OUT HANNAH HAD EDDIES FREAKIN’ KID FOR CHRISSAKES????? SERIOUSLY….YOU CANNOT LEAVE U HANGIN!!!!!!!

Dianne March 10, 2008 at 2:15 pm

This is a fabulous show that deserves another season. Thank goodness we have something decent and fun loving to watch. Please keep the show, my husband and I enjoy it very much.

Kathie March 10, 2008 at 1:08 pm

You’re cancelling Oct. Road!!!! WHY??? Just when we get a decent show to watch & you don’t have to censor it, what gives. Keep October Road going. We love it!!!!!!!!!

Tara March 6, 2008 at 3:32 pm

I can not believe that there is talk about cancelling. I agree with one of the people above. There is so much that we need to know. This is a show were a man and woman can watch it together. It’s not a his or her show. You have to keep this show.

Terri K February 24, 2008 at 10:17 pm

Welcome Amy Acker (aka. WiniFRED Burkle /BIG BLUE) we’ve missed you since Angel. Amy plays Jenny, the woman of Owen’s dreams only problem is she dreams of girls herself. Phil decides to let it all hang out, literally. Nick’s broke but promised everyone a commercial. Hannah starts to plan a wedding and rids herself of some old memories. The big hero of the day…Eddie!!! He is saving the day for everyone.
P.S. Did I forget to mention, we know a little more about Sam. We know Gavin isn’t his dad, but it seems even his mother doesn’t seem to know exactly who is. (It’s between two guys, and let me guess which two. Could it be Nick and Eddie???) Now what’s going to happen? I guess only time will tell. GIVE US TIME ON OCTOBER ROAD!!!!

Anonymous February 6, 2008 at 9:35 am

I totally agree with Jimmie! Also, what happened to Men In Trees? These are good shows your messing with and bringin on the trash!

Jimmie February 5, 2008 at 11:29 am

Please find one day of the week for this show and let it alone. It and Friday Night Lights are the best shows on TV and if you’d quit moving time slots and quit skipping weeks, you’d get more viewers.

amanda crush February 1, 2008 at 6:08 pm

i lllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeee
this show

Nancy Swain January 3, 2008 at 2:10 am

I can’t believe it, every time I get into a series, they cancel it. This was one of my favorites. I started watching Bryan Greenberg in “One Tree Hill”, and followed him to “October Road”. Several of us watch the show, and we are in our 60s. Why would you cancel such a popular show?