October Road: Good Sign for Season Two

Lindy Booth of October RoadGood news for two recurring performers likely spells great news for fans of ABC’s October Road.

Actors Lindy Booth (as Pizza Girl) and Rebecca Field (as Janet the Planet) have recently been promoted from recurring guests to regular castmembers — for the next season of Road. Though the drama series has not officially been renewed for another season, this backstage move strongly indicates that ABC will renew Road.

Had they remained recurring guests, Field and Booth would have been free to take on other roles and test for new show pilots. This bump in status, prior to the end of October Road’s first season on Thursday night, keeps the actors locked in for next season when their characters’ storylines would presumably be expanded.

By the way, Media Village has posted a petition for fans to sign. You can find it here. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

95 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rose says

I’m missing October Road. This would be a great month to start the second season!!! Please don’t end this series.

2. Jennifer says

I think it sucks if they do not bring back October Road.
    It ended with such a bang.I also hate when a network gets us all hooked onto a show them pulls the plug on it.
    PLEASE BRING BACK OCTOBER ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ANdrea says

You have got to bring this show back is wasnt finished and I along with my friends are addicted. Dont leave us hanging!!!!!!!!

4. LB says

PLEASE RENEW OCTOBER ROAD FOR ANOTHER SEASON,HOPEFULLY FOR SEVERAL SEASONS. THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THE CHARACTERS IS AWESOME.IT’S AS IF THEY HAVE ALL KNOWN EACH OTHER FOR YEAR. BESIDES DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, THIS IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV DAY OR NIGHT. JUST KNOWING THAT I CAN LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING OCTOBER ROAD MAKES EACH WEEK SO MUCH BRIGHTER. WHEN I WATCH OCTOBER ROAD, I FEEL SO ALIVE,SO RENUVINATED!!!!

5. Michelle & Chris says

My husband and I will be heart broken if October Road does not return for season two!! Season one was short enough already, let alone no return at all!! No doubt, one of our favorites!

6. Samantha says

My husband and I both got hooked on “Road”! There were too many unanswered questions to not bring it back! All of us faithful viewers want it back and for a longer season! One of my most favorite shows!Please bring it back!!

7. Anonymous says

ABC needs to bring back october road. SO many drastic things happened in the last episode like Phil coming out of the house and between Hannah and Nick. It wouldn’t make sense if you didn’t bring it back. Also, I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Everything about it is amazing!

8. Kim Bumgardner says

Please bring October Road back on. i love this show. It is so much fun after Grey’s Anatomy. Great show and very interesting- Kim

9. Serena says

October Road is such a great show! It was nice to have a great new drama to watch instead of a bunch of reality shows!
    ABC..please bring this show back, it’s so fantastic!!

10. Laura Nichole says

It really stinks that a show gets started and gets a person hooked and then disappears without a trace…I really love the show…Why is it just gone?Makes you not want to tune in and watch new shows…Really though!Bring October Road back already!It’s a great show and the cast has me wanting more!Hurry!