Once Upon a Time: Full Season for ABC Drama

Once Upon a TimeThe alphabet network has been searching for a new hit hour series and it looks like they may have found one in Once Upon a Time. The drama debuted late last month to very positive numbers and now, things are looking better than ever.

Once Upon a Time revolves around the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming as she tries to help a group of fairy-tale characters who’ve been cursed and ended up living in a small town in Maine. The series features the talents of Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Robert Carlyle, Lana Parrilla, Jared Gilmore, Josh Dallas, Raphael Sbarge, Meghan Ory, Jamie Dornan, Beverley Elliott, Lee Arenberg, David Paul Grove, and Gabe Khouth.

The series debuted to a very healthy 4.0 in the 18-49 demographic with 12.93 million viewers. Once Upon a Time was second in the timeslot, beaten only by NBC’s World Series coverage. The second episode dropped just 2% with a 3.9 in the demo and 11.74 million. Second episodes usually see a much bigger drop off.

The Sunday night TV series is currently the second-highest rated scripted TV show on ABC so it’s no surprise that network execs have given it a full season, bringing the total to at least 22 episodes. If these numbers keep up, the show could certainly be the Prince that the network’s been waiting for.

Sitcoms Happy Endings and Last Man Standing also received full season orders today.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Once Upon a Time? Are you glad to hear that it’s gotten a full season? Do you think it’ll get renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

25 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jo Ann says

This show leaves me wanting more. I can’t wait until the next episode. It’s brilliant and my grandkids love it.
    Thanks for a great show it’s my favorite show.

2. says

I hope this show never goes off tv. I think it is a great mixture of awesome actors and beautiful people, with the exception of Rumple, of course. My wife and I we can’t wait to get home and set down and watch it. We never miss an episode. Thanks to our DVR.

3. Melynn says

I love this show! I grew up with all these fairy tales and the way they are all brought together is amazing. I’m so glad they’re making a full season.

4. Amy says

I LOVE THIS SHOW….I definately hope it gets renewed for many, many more seasons. My ten year old little girl recognizes alot of the characters because she remembers me reading the stories to her!!! She is mesmerized to see her bedtime stories “come to life”. This show has become yet another way that my little one and I get to do the mommy-daughter bonding/sharing thing! Thank you for this show…..keep ’em comin’!

5. Cristina says

Love this show, so glad it got a full season. Can only hope it keeps going for season 2!! Its great to be able to recognize characters and give them a mature twist.

6. Anthony says

I’m very happy to here this show got a full season ordered. I had reservations at first about a show like this working on tv, but those reservations were put to a swift rest after watching the pilot episode. ABC and the writers have managed to bring fairytale stories to mainstream tv! A crazy, bold and as it turns out a brilliant idea. Especially love the Rumplestiltskin character! The actor who plays him is doing a fantastic job

7. Juan says

This show is fantastic. Loved it from episode one and it is only getting better each week. So happy it got a full season and I hope it gets a season two.