Once Upon a Time in Wonderland: Season One Ratings

once upon a time in wonderland ratingsThe network has had some nice ratings success with Once Upon a Time on Sunday nights. Will lightning strike twice or will “spin-off” Once Upon a Time in Wonderland be cancelled after one season? We shall see.

On Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, a beautiful young Alice (Sophie Lowe) takes a tumble down the rabbit hole to a place where nothing is impossible. The series also stars Michael Socha, Peter Gadiot, Emma Rigby, Naveen Andrews, and John Lithgow.

3/28 update: ABC has confirmed that the show will end after 13 episodes.

Final season averages: 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.76 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see it here.

What do you think? Do you like the Once Upon a Time in Wonderland TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

29 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Matthew Dudley says

part of me wants to like this show but I feel this could of been a story line in the original series and it would be better. I do like the idea that it might be wrapped up in this one season

2. Anonymous says

An amazing storyline ,though the visual effect is very poor. The actors are very deep in their roles. I hope it go on.

3. James says

I hope the show will be renewed. If ABC is smart enough, put the Wonderland on Sunday after Once Upon a Time. To be honest, I love Once upon a Time more than Wonderland that I tend to DVR both of them. But to watch Wonderland, I tend to wait two shows recorded then I watch it. But for Once Upon a Time, I watch it right away after dvred it.

4. John Russell says

I’m someone whom loves this show very much and would hate to see it be cancelled because someone at abc didn’t realize that this show truly belongs in the sunday night time slot immediately following it’s sister series!!! Please!!! Speak up! You know that this is the most logical way to save once upon a time in wonderland! Isn’t this the same exact situation that nbc was in with freaks and geeks or upn was in with enterprise/star trek:enterprise? Help! We Have To Save This Show!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Keira says

They had better not cancel this show. We’re finally getting to the good stuff & in 8 episodes it managed to captivate me in such an intriguing way! This show is special & ABC had better recognise that!!

6. Kirsten says

I really hope they don’t give up on Wonderland! I agree the backdrops are low quality and the story started slowly and the “missing genie” plot seemed drawn out. However, I think that if some more effort (or a larger budget?) was put into the production of the show, it could be really great! I really enjoy the actors and the developments of the relationships in the story. Its fun that they took something cheery and magic from our childhood and continued the storyline with twisted realism of our adulthood. I started watching because I thought this was an interesting and fresh concept. But maybe people just want the same old thing regurgitated with different character names. At least it wasn’t cancelled after only 2 episodes (Lucky 7)!

7. Dan Harvell says

I am afraid that my opinion of “Wonderland” isn’t quite as positive as many of the others, on this page. “Wonderland” is very poorly produced, with the digital backgrounds being so poorly executed that it is embarrassing, even by high school drama standards. The acting is stiff with the actors’ dialog being only barely understandable through the mumbling (no, it’s not because of the accents – I watch other programs with actors that have various accents – it is that the actors in “Wonderland” do not bother to enunciate). And then there is the plot line – Alice, on a journey to save her genie. Really, how long can you drag such a 2-dimensional plot line, before it becomes overwhelmingly boring. That is a plot line better deserving a short, made-for-TV movie, rather than the entire basis of a serial drama. There is a reason that the ratings for this show is on a downward plunge. It is a weak show, from premise to production. I just hope “Once Upon a Time” doesn’t start losing its good quality as a result of the writers being torn away from it to work on this disaster of a show…

8. Elaine says

I actually think Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is better written than Once Upon a Time. I also think the actors are more experienced. Sadly, ABC will do what it always does, pull a good show with crafted plots and thoughtful dialogue and keep shows with bachelors and celebrity dancers. The executives are always too eager to pull the plug, remember Seinfeld didn’t start off so great. They need to give this show a chance; move it to a better time slot and advertise it more.

9. Linda Hayes says

I have to scratch my head with wonder at who makes decisions about programing. To put any decent show on Friday or Saturday night thinking that won`t be challenging in ratings is a ignoramus…I agree Once Upon A Time and Once Upon A Time in Wonderland should of followed one another, only made sense…I am shaking my head in “Wonder.”

10. Roberta says

Well written, innovative and well produced — these are some of my reactions that have me looking forward to future episodes. Please give the show enough time to develope loyal followers!

11. Michael Milton says

Once again a series that is definitely well written and is filled with a good cast being placed on the prime time schedule with Grey’s Anatomy. This pairing is another mismatch that will most likely lead to Once Upon A Time in Wonderland being canceled. Why wouldn’t ABC place it on the same night following Once upon A Time? I just hope it is allowed to continue.