Once Upon a Time: Season Four Renewal for ABC TV Show

Once Upon a Time season fourThe spin-off Once Upon a Time in Wonderland may have been cancelled but the original Once Upon a Time will continue. ABC has renewed the Sunday night fantasy drama for a fourth season.

Once Upon a Time follows the adventures of classic fairytale characters who’ve been cursed by the evil queen and end up living in Storybrooke, a small town in Maine. The ensemble cast includes Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas, Lana Parrilla, Jared S. Gilmore, Robert Carlyle, Emile de Ravin, Colin O’Donoghue, and Michael Raymond-James.

The ratings have come down nearly 20% when compared to last season’s but the show is still one of ABC’s top five dramas. This season has averaged a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.11 million total viewers.

What do you think? Have you been watching this show? Are you glad that it’s been renewed or, do you think it’s time to cancel it instead? How long should it run?

Canceled and renewed TV show

40 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jamie says

I’m glad that Once Upon a Time will be renewed for this season. Though, truthfully, I wouldn’t want for a season Five unless the story board remained creative and enchanting, which most series begin to lack that by season Five. Rarely does the creative juices keep flowing.
    But I was cheering for Captain Hook and Emma. I never liked Captain Hook before but in this show I really like him and enjoyed the season finale of season three ending with Hook admitting that he trading the Jolly Roger for Magic Beans to find Emma. His love seems real and I believe as he said to Neal ‘I’m in it for the long run.’
    So in season Four I look forward to seeing that relationship, ‘hopefully’, grow between them.

2. Lynx says

It’s nice to have an actual piece of TV that we can watch, even better if it includes a little magic, instead of all the reality shows which are so easy to produce – TV Companies seem to think we only want to watch Game Shows and Reality TV. They need to ask what we actually want.

3. Anonymous says

I love once upon a time, it is different from all of thedrama shows and all of the svu, and csi, live the story line.

4. Nathan says

OMG KEEP IT this show is amazing I watch it every time it’s on my sisters and I can’t get enough of it.i think it should run for make 5to maybe 6seasons i also got all my friends to watch this show. I can’t wait to see the new season Emma is my favorite because she can beat som butt when she wants too. OMG I love the show KEEP IT!!!!

5. Ruth says

This show is awesome!!!!!! I love Regina’s costumes and makeup is flawless. More twist need to be added but good twist as not to confuse the viewers. To keep us entertained and glued to each episode. Overall a great show hope to see many more seasons.

6. andrew smith says

yes another season great but you have to keep the storys clever and have twist in it as well ,what the writers could do is when regina did cast the spell in the first season the whole of once upon a time stories should have been disruped and other time line now have a change to alter with the stories that we know to have a darker side to them but also have a interesting new side as well .the last season we saw a room that rumpla does not go to because he has trophys that he has keeped away but you also need to find a deeper side to his dark side that can also be very diffilcult to understand and get bell more involve with his storys and get her pregant and find that his original son find a way back through a new born.

7. vinnie says

Best show on TV and me my wife, my 18 year son dauther and my two dogs are glued to the TV all season can’t wait for the next one

8. Marla Kelly says

This is an awesome show and everyone I know watches it and 2 of ny co workers actually spent between seasons watching all the previous seasons to get caught up before the beginning of season 3 started. Can’t imagine not watching it and have to record it on the evenings I have to work. Best show on tv !

9. Kat says

Are you kidding?? OF COURSE it should continue!! Best drama on tv, at least for me. Who doesn’t love a new twist on a favorite fairytale? And to see them being in Elsa at the end?! I stay away from news about my favorite dramas so it doesn’t ruin anything and when that hit at the end, I was so excited I started posting like an idiot on Facebook and all my cousins were like, “Ya we know” lol

10. lily says

I allways look forward to next episode, that way I recorded in case I don’t make it the time. Sorry that you cancelled Once open a time in Wonderland. I like too. Thanks