One Tree Hill: Cancelled or Renewed? We Should Know Tonight

One Tree Hill canceled or renewed?Tonight’s episode of One Tree Hill will mark either the season or series finale. The CW network isn’t scheduled to announce their upcoming renewals and cancellations until Thursday but we should know the show’s fate tonight.

One Tree Hill began as the story of two half-brothers, their relationship, and their romances. Longtime castmembers Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton left the series last year. Many expected the series to quickly fold but some believe it’s found a new life creatively. The current cast includes Antwon Tanner, Austin Nichols, Bethany Joy Galeotti, Jackson Brundage, James Lafferty, Lee Norris, Lisa Goldstein, Paul Johansson, Robert Buckley, Shantel VanSanten, Michael Grubbs, and Sophia Bush.

While it’s looking promising that One Tree Hill will return for season eight, the cast and crew weren’t taking any chances. They filmed two endings — one to end the season and one that would cap the long-running series. The version that you’ll see tonight will be determined by the network’s choice.

The stars have been understandably hesitant to talk about either possible ending. However, Grubbs recently told Zap2It, “If there’s another season, we’ll hit you with a crazy twist… Look, the ending we’ll use if we get another season is just so insane. We could never use it as the series finale, with these twists and turns, because we could never do that to the fans and not wrap it up. It would just be evil.”

If the show is cancelled, Lafferty has a message for the show’s faithful fans. He told TV Guide, “Thank you. It’s because of them we’re still here. A show can’t stay on the air if it doesn’t have viewers, but our viewers have always gone above and beyond. They’ve always gone the extra mile to keep the show on the air and to let it be known they’re watching the show. All you can really say is thank you to the fans, and they’ve really helped define what the show will be remembered as. It’s just not this cult hit; [it’s] truly a show that has staying power and a generation identified with.”

What do you think? Would you like to see One Tree Hill to return for season eight or is it time for the show to be cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

196 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kierstyn says

One Tree Hill is AMAZING! It really has been a show that I can relate to and look forward to watching. I started watching this show as a teen and still watch as an adult. I love this show. I’m guessing by the ending it’s not canceled but just in case.

2. Jo Vasquez says

One Tree HIll just wasn’t for young people. I’ve watched the show from the begining,and I must say the actors have grown so much over the years. One rarely finds a show that can appeal to all ages.
    The shows writers are truly those with heart and a wonderful sence of humor.
    To end the show with 8/17/2010 episode is a slap in the face to your fans.

3. Ornela Pashaj says

I LOVE ONE TREE HILL! I also have been watching it since day one and I’ve got to say, it is definitely my all time favorite show!!! I would be so sad/mad if it got cancelled! PLEASE KEEP ONE TREE HILL GOING FOREVER!!! <3

4. Holly says

For those who haven’t figured it out yet, CW announced that they renewed the show. It isn’t cancelled and it is planned to be back in the fall on Tuesday nights along with Life Unexpected.

5. Meaghan says

I would AZBSOLUTELY LOVEEE if One Tree Hill were to have MANY MANY MANY MORE SEASON’S!!! It’s TOO AMAZING OF A SHOW, I CNT LIVE WITHOUT IT!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP IT GOING!!!

6. Denice says

Keep One Tree Hill alive! I watch it with my youngest daughter and then we discuss the issues. It really has given us great bonding time!

7. Nicole says

Been watching since day one… Definetly needs to come back!!!! I have a schedule….One tree hill followed by Gossip girl…. one just isn’t right without the other!!!!! Dont ruin my life!!!!

8. Kristina says

I would love for One Tree Hill to have many more seasons. But this one went out with a double bang. I just hope Hailey’s sister is alright after all she has been through these last few weeks. I have watched this series since day one and I fell in love with the characters and even though 2main characters left it is still awesome!

9. Justin Case says

We now know the fate of this show…with an ending like what we saw on Monday it will be back on in the fall.