One Tree Hill: Cancelled or Renewed? We Should Know Tonight

One Tree Hill canceled or renewed?Tonight’s episode of One Tree Hill will mark either the season or series finale. The CW network isn’t scheduled to announce their upcoming renewals and cancellations until Thursday but we should know the show’s fate tonight.

One Tree Hill began as the story of two half-brothers, their relationship, and their romances. Longtime castmembers Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton left the series last year. Many expected the series to quickly fold but some believe it’s found a new life creatively. The current cast includes Antwon Tanner, Austin Nichols, Bethany Joy Galeotti, Jackson Brundage, James Lafferty, Lee Norris, Lisa Goldstein, Paul Johansson, Robert Buckley, Shantel VanSanten, Michael Grubbs, and Sophia Bush.

While it’s looking promising that One Tree Hill will return for season eight, the cast and crew weren’t taking any chances. They filmed two endings — one to end the season and one that would cap the long-running series. The version that you’ll see tonight will be determined by the network’s choice.

The stars have been understandably hesitant to talk about either possible ending. However, Grubbs recently told Zap2It, “If there’s another season, we’ll hit you with a crazy twist… Look, the ending we’ll use if we get another season is just so insane. We could never use it as the series finale, with these twists and turns, because we could never do that to the fans and not wrap it up. It would just be evil.”

If the show is cancelled, Lafferty has a message for the show’s faithful fans. He told TV Guide, “Thank you. It’s because of them we’re still here. A show can’t stay on the air if it doesn’t have viewers, but our viewers have always gone above and beyond. They’ve always gone the extra mile to keep the show on the air and to let it be known they’re watching the show. All you can really say is thank you to the fans, and they’ve really helped define what the show will be remembered as. It’s just not this cult hit; [it’s] truly a show that has staying power and a generation identified with.”

What do you think? Would you like to see One Tree Hill to return for season eight or is it time for the show to be cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

196 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Laren says

I like the show, but the show will never end if you bring back Lucus and Peyton. Also if you bring back Karen and her husband and Deb it would be a big hit. Brook really need Peyton right now and don’t forget Jake and his baby it would be the best show ever.

2. Patty says

I have been watching this show since season 1. I love this show and look foward to watching it every week! I would be very disappointed if the show was cancelled. I feel like this show touches many peoples lives!

3. Angela says

PLEASE keep OTH going! I absolutely LOVE this show. Don’t just end it!! I’m already sad thinking that this could be the last season…but so far this season is amazing! keep it up

4. Anonymous says

its obviously back but not sure for how long. Keep it going. “Defined with one generation?” I’m ashamed to admit that I’m 40.

5. samantha othno1fan says

i think if thr guna cancel it thy shud do 1 last season to tie things up & plz plz plz bring bak lucas,peyton & sawyer

6. Valencia says

I dont think that they were actaully killed at the end! I think they will find the crazy girl in the house, and maybe she was thinking that she shot them, but it will rewind somehow and she wont do it. Or maybe she did shoot them but didn’t kill them. There is NO WAY that they would take Hayleys mom away and her sister. I think Brooke is gonna get pregnant cause thats all she really wants and she threw away her birth controll because she thinks she cant have kids. I also agree they should bring Peyton and Lucas back for the wedding, the just lefft and no one talks about them at all… Strange!!! But so excited to see what season 8 brings!!!

7. Melanie says

It better come back!!!!!! I will be mad if it doesn’t. We deserve a better series finale episode if that is the case. We need answers and we need closure. I liked the this last finale but I really wish they wouldn’t have killed off those two characters, I really liked them as a couple. He was soooo hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could you kill him off? Maybe I’ll get lucky and he will survive next season :)

8. says

I DONT WANT TO SEE ONE TREE HILL END. IT IS GOING STRONG WITH BROOKE. SHE IS MAKEING US WANTING TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING NEXT. AND OF COURSE HALEY AND NATHAN. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE THE MOMS COME BACK, THEY BOTH CAN BE ******* IN A GOOD WAY. AND I HOPE HALEYS SISTER AND BF R NOT DEAD. LET THAT PSYCHO GIRL GET KILLED LOL

9. Samantha says

I really enjoy watching One Tree Hill…. I’m a BIG fan! Been driving my fiancee nuts with it. LOL.

Crossing my fingers that it doesn’t end =\ Hoping maybe Lucas and Peyton come back at least for the series finale.

10. Jackie says

i love one tree hill i have been watching it sence i was a pre teen lol i would love to see more of the show and really would love for peyton and lucas to come back as well! and i wanna know what happen to hayle sister when they got shot by that crazy lady

11. Daphne says

this show is my all time favorite .i have watched it grow from the beginning. i was so upset with the leaving of lucas and peyton, but i still tuned in ,and i still will to the end. in my opinion it is one of the best shows on television. i just hope they bring back luke and peyton and sawyer before it ends , only to see them at brooke’s wedding. i hope it goes on for ever….

12. Melissa Moore says

I love this show to death! I Hope this show doesn’t ever end. I never miss a show! I love all the actors on One Tree Hill. They are amazing!!