One Tree Hill: The CW Orders Six Additional Scripts

One Tree HillThe CW has decided to order a half dozen more scripts for their venerable drama, One Tree Hill. They won’t necessarily be produced but it’s a good sign that the network has ordered them.

When the show was renewed last May, it was reported that the network had ordered a full season of 22 episodes. The network later corrected that report and indicated that only 13 episodes had been ordered, with a possibility of nine more.

Additional episodes don’t seem very likely considering this week’s ratings. Last week, season eight of One Tree Hill debuted to a 1.1 in the 18-49 demographic and 2.14 million viewers. This week, the ratings dropped to a 0.9 in the demo and 1.86 million — a week-to-week loss of 20% in the demo. These latest figures match last season’s ratings low.

Considering that One Tree Hill was barely renewed last May, this doesn’t bode well for the show’s future. If the ratings keep going lower, the show will surely be cancelled next spring.

What do you think? Is it time for One Tree Hill to end? How would you like to see the story conclude?

samuel November 28, 2011 at 1:01 am

i love dis chad of a guy he makes
me watch one three hill

Aime May 2, 2011 at 11:01 pm

I LOVE ONE TREE HILL :) IT SHOULD STAY ON!!!!!!!!

CJ March 10, 2011 at 10:44 pm

This show went south a couple seasons ago. It has completely jumped the shark. Season 8 is so painful to watch and yet I can’t help myself; I’ve come this far and feel like I have to finish. Seriously thoug – a movie star who moonlights as a bartender? Brooke has decided to just stop designing completely? Is there a point to Quinn and Clay? Chuck… why is Chuck there and the show tune… were you kidding or serious? The super hero outfits…. oh my. I assume the writers have just given up. Also, Brooke and Julian are seriously getting annoying. Yeah yeah… “Aw we’re having a baby” and “Yes, Brooke Davis – we are having a baby” and then they make out is about as far as their characters go now. What a shame when you compere season 8 to season 1. Really, it doesn’t matter what you do to the show now because you’ve pretty much destroyed it.

jasmine March 10, 2011 at 8:18 pm

the sho0w is amazing lucas and peyton were awesome but bringing in quin and clay was a good call there amazing and funny nathan and hailey are the best i love watching one tree hill because of them there so perfect:) i hope the show stays it’s my all time favorite but i think lucas and peyton should have came back for the wedding i hope they come back for something special in the future fingers crossed that they renew the show…

Coleen January 9, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I look forward every week to a new episode. Please keep OTH going. In today’s world some of us have so little to look forward to. This is truly my one great weekly escape!

mindy January 13, 2011 at 10:50 am

I’m with Coleen – I love the escape, please dont take that away!!!!!!

nicky November 8, 2010 at 10:23 pm

one tree hill is great and they should keep it going i cant wait for the next episode once i watch, ive seen peyton on that show white collar but i haven seen lucas in anything since he left the show either

sam November 8, 2010 at 10:20 pm

i never miss an episode i love this show and i hope the keep it, and i also think if some of the old cast came back rating would go up even if they just do guest spots

Anonymous November 8, 2010 at 10:17 pm

i never miss an episode of one tree hill even if its dvr’ed, the story line is awsome and u never know what to expect

michelle October 25, 2010 at 1:58 pm

by the way i thought chad turned away because he wanted to keep things open for movies…
i havent seen him in any movies

michelle October 25, 2010 at 1:57 pm

hey i think u should do the 22 episodes and the next spring season. its an amazing show. and there are many many devoted fans. ever think it was the beginning of fall last week and the end of summer the week before maybe thats why. i think tree hill is amazing and lucas and peyton should come back loosing them lost some ppl. but dont forget about the faithful ppl who stood at the rivercourt or did the petions to get this show back this year. they’ll come back and there will be probably more. its a family show. my 2 year old daughter loves this show. her first laugh was with this show. please keep it.

Tiera October 17, 2010 at 3:57 pm

I love the show. I started watching this summer it was so good that I watched all of the seasons. As much as I love the show it is isnt the same. Not because Lucas and Peyton left. It has lost its essence. The show would hit the mark with current events such as teenage marriage in the early 2000′s the high school shooting and other story lines. It was a show but yet relatable and its audience loved it for that reason. I will miss it I have to admit. I think even if they did change up the writing its too late. I just saw the Halloween episode not so good. My favorite is James I’ll miss seeing the dynamic he and Beth shared. Hopefully it goes out with a good End.

Heather October 3, 2010 at 10:56 am

I have watched tree hill from the begining. I was always for Lucas and when he left I didnt think the show could do it because he was the main guy. I hated that they left, I guess I have this hope they return for a show or two, but honestly the has done great with out Lucas and Payton as I much as them. I hate to think that my all time favorite show might be ending.

kylie tremmel September 30, 2010 at 12:58 am

i love this show ive been a faithful watcher since the starting and i even went to there tour.i will be very sad to see my favorite show go.i think they need to put lucas and peyton back on and some of the other cast members then the ratings might go back up.fingers cross they stay……..