Orange Is the New Black: Season Two for Netflix TV Series

orange is the new black season twoNetflix has a lot of faith in Orange Is the New Black, their newest original TV series. They’ve renewed the show for a second season, weeks before they’ve unveiled the first.

Season one of Orange Is the New Black will be released on Thursday, July 11th and all 13 episodes will be available at once. Season two will be released next year.

NETFLIX RENEWS ORIGINAL SERIES “ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK” FOR SECOND SEASON

Comedic Drama from Jenji Kohan to Return with All New Episodes in 2014

Season 1 Premieres Thursday, July 11th on Netflix

(Beverly Hills, CA – June 27, 2013) – The Netflix Original Series, “Orange is the New Black,” the comedic drama set in a women’s prison from creator and executive producer Jenji Kohan (“Weeds”) will return with a second season on Netflix in 2014.

Produced by Lionsgate Television, the hour-long series starring Taylor Schilling, and based on the popular memoir of the same name by Piper Kerman, is set to debut its first 13-episode season on Thursday, July 11 at 12:01 AM PDT in all territories where Netflix is available – U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Latin America, Brazil and the Nordics.

“Jenji and her team have produced a phenomenal series and we’re eager to get a second season to our viewers,” said Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Content at Netflix.”

“I am thrilled that Netflix has extended my sentence,” said series creator and executive producer Jenji Kohan.

“We’re enormously proud of the brilliant work of Jenji, the cast and the entire production team,” said Kevin Beggs, president, Lionsgate Television Group, “and we’re delighted about this early second season renewal. Netflix has been a great partner on this series and we look forward to our continuing collaboration.”

“Orange is the New Black” follows engaged Brooklynite Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling), whose decade-old relationship with drug-runner Alex (Laura Prepon) results in her arrest and 15-month long detention in a federal penitentiary. To pay her debt to society, Piper must trade her comfortable New York life with fiancĂ© Larry (Jason Biggs) for an orange prison jumpsuit and a baffling prison culture where she is forced to question everything she believes and form unexpected new alliances with a group of eccentric and outspoken inmates. The series’ diverse ensemble also includes Kate Mulgrew, Natasha Lyonne, Pablo Schreiber, Danielle Brooks, Laverne Cox and Taryn Manning.

The second season of “Orange is the New Black” is set to begin production later this summer.

“Orange is the New Black” is executive produced by Kohan. The series is produced by Lionsgate Television for Netflix.

About Netflix, Inc.

Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with more than 36 million members in 40 countries enjoying more than one billion hours of TV shows and movies per month, including original series. For one low monthly price, Netflix members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Learn more about how Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) is pioneering Internet television at www.netflix.com or follow Netflix on Facebook and Twitter. Netflix’s original series include the political drama “House of Cards,” which stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright; “Hemlock Grove,” Eli Roth’s murder mystery series based on Brian McGreevy’s gripping novel of the same name; the fourth season of the critically-acclaimed comedy “Arrested Development;” Ricky Gervais’s bittersweet 30-minute comedy drama, “Derek,” about a group of outsiders living on society’s margins; the second season of “Lilyhammer,” which stars Steven Van Zandt; and “Sense8″ the upcoming global tale of minds linked and souls hunted from the Wachowskis and J. Michael Straczynski.

What do you think? Does this show sound interesting? Do you plan on watching?

Liz August 14, 2013 at 9:15 am

loved the show!

Anonymous August 14, 2013 at 12:03 am

I loved this show and am anxious for the next season!

Erin August 12, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Can’t wait for season 2. It kept me wanting more and really caring abut the story and the characters… A+

Renay Todd August 10, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I was sucked in to this show, leaving Facebook, Pinterest, House Cleaning, Cooking, Sleeping on the back burner. I absolutely love the writing, characters, acting…what’s not to love. I felt like I was punched in the stomach when I realized I had watched the last episode! So looking forward to the next series.

Q-bizzle August 10, 2013 at 11:24 am

This is the be the best thought up show that i every seen!! I have my wife around house saying SWIRL< SWIRL! lol. I love that crazy lady. I am hooked on every character and thats hard to do!!! Great JOB Don't stop and don't cancel because thats going around alot this days!!

Mike August 7, 2013 at 4:22 pm

It is better than Prison Break.

Susan August 7, 2013 at 12:06 am

Omg-I am addicted! Just finished watching episode 13 and searching info on when season 2 will air. I think I may die waiting. I am spreading the word to my friends and making it mandatory they watch the show, I am promising them that they two will be hooked! Hury up season 2!!!!

jess August 6, 2013 at 5:57 am

OMG…an absolutely amazing flick. Watched all 13 episodes in one day, just COULDN”T stop. I love Jenji’s work, WEEDS was great, and now this. I CAN”T believe we have to wait a whole year for season 2…It would be a great x-mas present if it was out by the end of the year! I can’t wait for season 2, I know its going to better then season 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous August 4, 2013 at 2:46 am

Absolutely fell in love with this show!!!

Anonymous July 29, 2013 at 10:14 am

Love it! Can’t wait for the next season

Ella Houtz July 28, 2013 at 12:05 am

Loved it watched all episodes marathon style. Can’t wait for season 2 Anxious to see what they did with Piper.

broncogrl July 27, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I love this show & looking forward to season 2, Piper and Alex way to hot.

scottwajerski July 26, 2013 at 6:05 pm

great show already watced first season excellent hope they keep making more episodes

D O C 187254-2734 July 26, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Gave this show a chance, after only giving House of cards only 10 mins. Orange is the New Black ROCKED, can’t wait for season two…..

Taniagp18 July 25, 2013 at 3:45 pm

LOVED IT! Can’t believe I have to wait till next year to see season 2. I pray the comments and rating of the show will speed up the filming.
Cheers to the writers, producers, directors and all the amazing actors! I look forward to many many more seasons to come.