Outsourced: NBC TV Series Cancelled; No Season Two

Outsourced canceled season twoThe little sitcom that caused a lot of controversy last summer has quietly ended its run. NBC has cancelled Outsourced after one season on the air.

Outsourced follows a US sales manager, Todd Dempsey (Ben Rappaport), who’s assigned to supervise his company’s call center in India. The sitcom also stars Anisha Nagarajan, Diedrich Bader, Parvesh Cheena, Pippa Black, Rebecca Hazelwood, Rizwan Manji, and Sacha Dhawan.

The NBC sitcom started out decently and it looked like NBC might have a keeper on its hands. Last September, Outsourced debuted to a 3.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.49 million viewers. In week two, the demo number fell 22% to a 2.8 rating and 5.85 million viewers but that was still pretty healthy by NBC standards.

Should Outsourced have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Unfortunately, over the course of the season, the ratings just kept dwindling downward. The ratings have gone as low as a 1.4 in the demo with just 2.97 million viewers. Those are horrible numbers for a major network, even NBC.

Outsourced’s season currently averages a 2.1 demo rating and 4.55 million viewers. For NBC, that’s not too bad but the average is only that high because of the early season ratings.

It’s certainly not a shocker than NBC has cancelled Outsourced after just one season. The 22nd and final episode, titled “Rajiv Ties the Bharat, part two,” aired last night.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that there won’t be a second season of Outsourced? Why do you think the TV show didn’t catch on?

Wondering where the rest of your shows stand? Check our NBC cancel/renew page.

ANDREA July 17, 2012 at 3:14 am

com…on bring back the show ….i think its the only show that makes me watch it again n again ….dey shldnt just cancel it..its not fair. GUPTA was one laughing medicine..FROM INDIA. BRING IT BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

maddy July 17, 2012 at 3:02 am

please PLEASE……. bring OUTSOURCED back ..its the best show ever its too funny and i love it. from INDIA

mark July 14, 2012 at 1:28 am

this show was just plain boring, how could people like this, proves to me that people now days dont prefer qaulity sitcoms and just likes anything they see…

ivonia July 5, 2012 at 8:07 am

I CAN’T BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED THE SHOW??? IT WAS A GREAT SHOW!!! BRING IT BACK, PLLEEASEE!!!!

Miriam June 29, 2012 at 8:38 am

BRING THE SHOW BACK!. I loved it!. I want a season 2!.

TEC June 26, 2012 at 6:15 am

I thought the show was very funny. They should bring it back for a 2nd season

Britt June 24, 2012 at 3:06 am

This is ridiculous that You have to cancel the show.. I want it back. This is the Funniest show i ever watched.

Pistol Pete June 23, 2012 at 1:54 am

This show was one of the funniest shows I have ever watched. Me and my friends would watch it every week and DVR it. I have every episode memorized and my kids loved it too. NBC should give it another chance, I believe not enough people gave it a chance. I didn’t like Modern Family after one episode, but when I saw a few of them I was hooked. For those of you who want it and it looks like 96 percent of us who took the voters poll go and sign the petition online to see if NBC will give it another shot.

Carlos June 20, 2012 at 8:45 am

Please bring it back it was the best comedy right now on air , we need to know what is going to happend with todd . Hi from Colombia, South America

Ken June 13, 2012 at 3:28 am

Bring Todd & Asha back!!! The show is terrific and funny!!! Sad to hear this news. . .

Viking June 9, 2012 at 9:35 am

Its so good! How can they cancel it?! Its one of my favorite shows! So fucking disappointed that it was cancelled. Fuck you nbc

Nicole Lacierda June 4, 2012 at 4:16 am

WTF!? Please please please!!!! Bring back that show! WE LOVE THAT SHOW!
FROM: PHILIPPINES

michael D'Lasnow June 2, 2012 at 8:41 pm

What kind of ending was that,…NO resolution all sound and fury signifying NOTHING!

This was an event with no rhyme or reason, ran but a piece of season and was lost on us, the viewers…thanks for nothing

Chester June 2, 2012 at 8:05 am

i’m from singapore and i love outsourced! keep it going!

Tyler May 30, 2012 at 11:56 pm

I’ve watched the first season over and again… and well again. Normally I don’t watch repeats of episodes but I found this series not only hilarious but done very well. The people that think it is raciest must be crazy or ignorant because this story is so very true and comedic at the same time, in the overall scope it is just as raciest as anything else that is on basic television. I have seen episodes of many other NBC sitcoms that have way more raciest acts in them but they are all in the end comedies. I would love to have seen a season 2, a movie with the same characters as on tv (since there has already been a movie made) but at least to see some kind of closing to it.