Outsourced

OutsourcedNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 22 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 23, 2010 – May 12, 2011
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Ben Rappaport, Anisha Nagarajan, Diedrich Bader, Parvesh Cheena, Pippa Black, Rebecca Hazelwood, Rizwan Manji, and Sacha Dhawan.

outsourced past TV show

TV show description:
This workplace sitcom revolves around a catalog-based company that sells American novelty goods (including whoopee cushions, foam fingers, and wallets made of bacon) and whose call center has suddenly been outsourced to India.

After completing Mid America Novelties’ manager training program, top salesman Todd Dempsy (Ben Rappaport) is reassigned to India to act as the manager of the company’s call center. Having never ventured out of the country, Todd is unprepared for the culture shock. Overwhelmed, he discovers that his new staff needs a crash course in how to think, speak, and breathe American. He wants them to fully understand the unique product line so they can ramp up sales from halfway around the world.

Todd inherits a sales team that includes socially-awkward Gupta (Parvesh Cheena); Manmeet (Sacha Dhawan), a young romantic who is enamored with America; Asha (Rebecca Hazlewood), a smart and striking woman who’s intrigued by Todd; Madhuri (Anisha Nagarajan), who’s extremely shy but finds her voice through her work; and Rajiv Gidwani (Rizwan Manji), the assistant manager who wants Todd’s job.

Todd also discovers that there are other transplants who work in his office building. Charlie Davies (Diedrich Bader) runs the All-American Hunter call center and has no interest in assimilating. He even has junk food shipped from home. Tonya (Pippa Black) is a beautiful Australian who runs the call center for Koala Air and catches Todd’s eye.
space

Series Finale

Episode 22 — Rajiv Ties the Baraat, Part 2
Rajiv’s bachelor party is starting to get interesting: a transvestite stripper is dancing, Charlie’s serving breast-shaped Jell-O shots, Rajiv is tied to his chair and Pinky has just arrived with a blow-up doll wearing pasties. But suddenly Vimi and her father burst in, appalled by what they see. Rajiv tries to explain that it’s just a silly American custom, but they storm off. Rajiv is a wreck, but his pals refuse to slow down. Manmeet shows up and announces he’s had a wild night of sex and is now in love with Ashlynn.

Madhuri and Ajeet walk on the beach at night. Madhuri tells Ajeet that she read his note and reveals she has feelings for him too. Ajeet wants to pursue her, but Madhuri must discuss the matter with her family.

The next morning, the wedding preparations are in full swing. A smitten Manmeet brings Ashlynn to one of the wedding tents where the ladies are being pampered in preparation for the festivities ahead. After he leaves, Ashlynn shares some girl talk with Asha and Madhuri. Ashlynn explains that she’s been having fun with Manmeet, but now she’s ready to see the countryside – without Manmeet. Apparently, he was only part of her itinerary.

The father of the bride argues with the proprietor of the wedding facility. Given Rajiv’s reckless pre-wedding behavior, Vimi’s father wants to call the wedding off; he insists that the meal and everything else be cancelled. Todd intervenes. He explains to Vimi’s father that the bachelor party was his idea and that the wedding should continue.

A very hungover Gupta stumbles down the beach with Charlie. They encounter a brilliant white horse; it’s the steed that Rajiv is to make his wedding entrance upon. They serenade the horse – which promptly bolts off down the beach.

Rajiv finds a contemplative Vimi on the beach. He apologizes profusely and implores her to continue with their wedding plans. She forgives him, explaining that they’ve both done things they’re not proud of. Rajiv’s mind begins to race: is his Vimi not quite as pure as he thought? She skirts the question. Distraught, Rajiv seeks out Todd. Should he go through with the ceremony? Todd counsels him that he should.

Manmeet excitedly shows Asha and Madhuri a family heirloom necklace he intends to give to Ashlynn. The girls look at each other with concern. Asha disappears, leaving it to Madhuri to break the news to their coworker that Ashlynn may not be quite as in love with him as Manmeet is with her.

A perturbed Asha complains to Todd about her betrothed: he’s not going to show up to the wedding. She wonders if she’s being taken for granted even before she’s married. Todd explains that any man who would take her for granted is a fool. She smiles.

Gupta and Charlie can’t find the bridal horse that they spooked. They pursue the next best option: coaxing an elephant into the job.

Rajiv still has doubts. Todd tries to console him and points out that even though she may not be a virgin, Vimi has many fine qualities. Rajiv comes around. The wedding is on!

Astride the elephant, Rajiv rides down the beach, followed by a dancing procession of friends and family. He and his beloved Vimi complete the various ceremonies; the wedding is traditional, joyous and beautiful. A raucous reception follows. A dejected Manmeet realizes that Ashlynn is not the one, and there’s a hint that perhaps Asha may be feeling the same way about her betrothed — much to Todd’s delight.

First aired: May 12, 2011.

space

Brandon October 31, 2011 at 3:16 am

I really cant believe that Outsourced has been cancelled!

Anonymous October 16, 2011 at 4:34 am

OUTSOURCED was the best tv series i’ve ever seen, i full laughed through every episode i like many other shows as well, some i rate highly but. after seeing OUTSOURCED its definitely the best show ever to be made… i was recommended by a friend and watched the entire season in two days… was so looking forward to season two!!!! cant believe NBC is removing it… BIGGEST MISTAKE!!!!

ron September 22, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Just learned Outsourced was cancelled. I will miss it. My wife and I looked forward to watching it every Thursday. Replaced it with another cop show. Good god. Not a good move NBC.

Kevin August 10, 2011 at 9:37 pm

What a POS move by NBC. Every time they have a show I live they cancel it. Outsourced was GREAT! I found myself looking forward to each new episode and went back on Hulu and made sure I saw them all. NBC is a shit network. Why don’t you pull over some of your hilarious MSNBC hosts to fill the void. I can’t stop laughing when I watch them.

Anjali July 11, 2011 at 10:52 pm

If there are so many positive comments about Outsourced, how can they consider not making a second season? The show averaged 4.5 mil. views a week.

I’m Indian, and I found all the jokes about Indians and India hilarious. I HAVE gotten horribly sick by eating food off the street, and I do sometimes forget the names of all our gods.

If they made a second season, all I ask them to do is make Asha and Todd’s relationship official. Love Outsourced!

Outsourced is awesome May 29, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Great show … please DO NOT cancel!!!

august torres May 25, 2011 at 2:28 pm

they cant cancel outsourced!

eric May 19, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Outsourced was refreshing. Not the same old jokes packaged differently. The last tv show I looked forward to watching on a weekly basis was Seinfeld.

Denise Rivera May 16, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I love outsource its funny witty and real!!!
the office is good but can be a bit boring
park and reps knock off of the office
30 rock is gonna end come to an end
the community is great
but outsourced is the underdog that needs to take the throne and rule the comedy world on nbc!!!
WE LOVE YOU OUTSOURCED <3

j May 14, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Outsourced is witty and it gives EVERYONE a great perspective of another culture. I hope they keep it going as it’s great to have a show that’s different and new for once.

Robert May 13, 2011 at 9:36 am

Get a grip, John Zane. This is just a TV show, dude.

George A. Wojtowycz January 8, 2012 at 10:34 pm

What is stupid is how NBC thought they could get away with a show like this in a downsized and job scarce economy like this! Would you find it funny to see someone doing a job that was stolen from you after years of service, and then adding insult mto injury by laughing about fooling American customers into thinking that they were talking to American employees? It wasn’t a coincidence that this show’s ratings dropped off as we lost our credit rating, faced economic oblivion, and still are uncertain as to our own job security? When you are downsized, then tell me if this show was funny! Most Americans weren’t laughing!

THIS SHOW DESERVED TO BE CANCELLED!

John Zane May 12, 2011 at 4:15 pm

This series SHOULD BE CANCELLED…IT IS AN AFRONT TO WORKING AND UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS !!! All these people do is provide INFERIOR SERVICE at a CHEAPER PRICE !!!!

eric May 19, 2011 at 5:44 pm

simmer down now. just….a….show

Anonymous May 31, 2011 at 8:49 am

I agree. You need to relax John Zane. Plus, if this was real, (which I’m sure at some level this is what’s going on in the corporate level) I don’t blame the workers, I blame the Executives who are sending these jobs out of the country.

Anonymous November 11, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Don’t blame Exec’s, blame yourself for buying foreign products to save a few bucks. If execs product cost more and you buy foreign then eventually execs & American employees will all be out of work.

Sariqa May 1, 2011 at 11:19 am

I love outsourced! I don’t want it to go:(

cate evans May 14, 2011 at 6:27 pm

ditto!! love it

Save our shows April 26, 2011 at 8:55 am

Someone Dress up “Wrestlers” and call it “Reality Show” It is killing my TV Friends.
ANYONE out there Want To THROW Our TV FRIENDS a Life Preserver?
YouTube would be a great place to start.
I have seen “You Tube” Reach Today Show.
Maybe some of us should race with some Clever Way to get HITS.
Let see if one of us can reaches Today Show.
We should use FaceBook, MySpace, and Twitter as much as we can as well.
OKAY GUYS GET READY GET SET, LETS GO GUYS!
Charlie Sheen Is Boo In One Places
and S Hit another Place
That Is Enough Proof
Why Nielsen Ratings is not fair or accurate.
I have dial up so its going be hard for me to upload anything.
It may take few me a weeks but I’m going to put something together myself.
Plz We Need Help Save Our Buddys
The Bubbly Is Stress Out The Verne!

Scott April 9, 2011 at 9:59 am

I hear they are taking the show off the air. I will be so mad if they do!