Pan Am: ABC Pres Maintains Show’s Not Dead Yet

Pan Am not canceled yetDespite ever falling ratings, ABC’s not willing to give up on Pan Am — at least not publicly anyway.

At today’s ABC portion of the Television Critics Association Press Tour, network president Paul Lee reflected, “When it opened, it really brought a good audience to it.”

He then noted, “I think there’s a lot of goodwill toward the show. It’s a great cast. We have new and original shows right through the end of February and it’ll be in contention past that.”

Lee chose not to focus on the fact that, while Once Upon a Time and Desperate Housewives saw big gains following the winter break, Pan Am hit a new series low. The freshman series drew just a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 3.96 million total viewers.

The recent airing brought the season average down to a 1.9 in the demo and 6.16 million, registering a “D+” on our ABC report card. Aside from Body of Proof, it’s the least watched show on the network that hasn’t been cancelled yet.

ABC initially ordered 13 episodes but then asked for one more. Only four episodes remain for this season, and likely the series. It’s slated for February 19th.

What do you think? Is ABC still considering a future for Pan Am or is it all but officially cancelled?

KSH February 17, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Please don’t cancel this show.. My husband and I really enjoy watching it. I think it is great!

joe kelley February 17, 2012 at 9:24 am

great show dont cancel really like the format its really starting to get interesting with the cia and spy added thanks joe

Elena February 17, 2012 at 6:15 am

This show is a most fabulous nowadays.
Begging you to continue this wonderful film, its story so interesting and exciting that 40 minutes of watching it pass so quickly and it seems so long to wait two weeks more for another series.
All the actors are so talented and an entourage is always perfectly created that you feel that it’ s a real story.
Having this occasion I would like to say THANK YOU to all: ABC channel, creators, producers, director, actors…to all that amazing team that call into existence our beloved ‘Pan American’ !!!

Svetlana February 16, 2012 at 11:10 am

I have been falling in love with PanAm from the first episode! It`s wonderfull, dinamic, atmospheric. I can`t wait for every new episode! Please, continue show! I love it, I love it, I love it!

Couzdra February 15, 2012 at 11:38 am

please do not cancel the show! it is the best one i have seen recently!

From Russia with begging:)

Anonymous February 15, 2012 at 11:33 am

Please, do not close this show! It’s my favorite show!!!

Lisa February 15, 2012 at 7:28 am

Please don’t cancel I LOVE PAN AM!!!

Alice February 14, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Please, do not close this fabulous show! Give a chance… Russian fans with a great interest wait for new episodes, new seasons and new romantic stories!!!!
We love Pan Am with all our hearts!

Lana February 6, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Don’t cancel this show! It’s my favorite show on the air!!

deb February 6, 2012 at 6:45 am

Love this show!!! please don’t get rid of PanAm!!!!

irena hadler February 5, 2012 at 11:00 pm

The show started somewhat slow. It picked up and the last view episodes have it all. Sex, love, romance, jealousy, espionage and more. You get attached to the characters and want to know how its going to end for them. I love the show and have taped every single episode. I believe if it stays juicy 60’s style it will attract more viewers once again like mad man does. The writers for this show seem to be on the right track. Viewers love drama, intrigue, foul play….keep it up and don’t cancel it! It has so much potential! The problem was that the first few episodes were too boring and a lot of viewers did not turn the TV to this show again! A little advertisement would help, too, to get viewers back. Give it another try….thanks.

chas February 5, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Pan Am is the only show I watch on network television ,but I find it hard to follow with so many interruptions. If it is to succeed it must be on tv on a regular basis. Is ABC playing with the audience? Keep it on a regular basis; it makes my Sundays.

Bobbie Stone February 5, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Pan Am is my favorite show. There are so many terrible shows on TV that seem to stay around. Please leave this show on the air.

Susie Daly February 4, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. Give it another run at least. It’s terrific and just getting it’s “stride”….the cast is wonderful and the scenary is exemplary!

Mark February 3, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Pan Am may not be the biggest hit show to hit the airways, but hopefully ABC will wisen up to the devoted following the show has attracted from under 30s and industry nostalgics (yes, i remember turning and watching the perfctly poised PA stewardesses parade through the terminal to their gate). What if the show is not intellectually or scientifically stimulating like all the other “See-Ess-Eye” garbage that inundates us on network TV?  It is refreshing, entertaining, enjoyable TV which is so lacking today.  No! The answer is not to cancel… The challenge for execs is to find the chemstry and balance for the show to work! Can they do it? Or just too easy to take the “out” and nix it.  Guess we will see come May.